Swing Shot Cyclops Pro On-Course Video Camera Preview

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I have received a very interesting device called the Swing Shot Cyclops Pro on-course video camera and will be doing a homepage review on it. I am very intrigued by this as my current system of proping up my Flip cam doesn't always work the best. Not to mention having recently taken a lesson I'm continuing to work on my swing changes and having a chance to get some good video is crucial. Here are some pics from the company's website and some unboxing photos. I'll be getting started on this as soon as I can.

20130325_172111_zps63e60bdb.jpg

bg.png

A close up look at the spike used to anchor the Swing Shot down

20130325_174102_zpsd482e275.jpg

Charging the unit

20130325_174141_zpsd9725334.jpg

Display

20130325_173951_zpsb5c428df.jpg

step1.jpg

I'm really looking forward to getting started, be on the look out for some sweet new video hole of the day posts soon! :D

This would be interesting. Whats the cost on it?

Looks kind of neat, can't wait to hear what you think.

Neat concept. I'll be interested to see what kind of video this thing can crank out.

That's pretty damn interesting in all honesty!

Pretty interesting setup...price might be a little steep...but I will wait and see what kind of video it produces. I would also like to see an option to do 120 or 240 fps for swing analysis.

Very interesting, it serves a single purpose, but if built well it might be a great thing to have around!

That's intriguing to me, Jake. Love me some gadgets!

OK I'm a huge gadget person and this looks freaking cool!

Pretty darn cool looking! Can it replace the traditional camera/tripod setup at that price? Look forward to finding out in the review.

That is a really interesting device. If that turns out to work well, I think there would be a few THP members who would be interested in having one of these. Me being one.

Pretty darn cool looking! Can it replace the traditional camera/tripod setup at that price? Look forward to finding out in the review.

It better!

Very interesting product. I have been looking for something like this that doesn't take some ingenuity on my part to record my swing. Looks sturdy enough and interested to see what kind of video it produces.

Great looking camera, like mentioned can replace teh flip and everything else people are using nowadays. The $300 tag seems a little steep but Im sure there is some demand there.

Jake, does the top screen allow you to watch videos back?

Jake, does the top screen allow you to watch videos back?

Looking at their site, it does not appear to. Few other things I saw interesting though:

- Designed to be used in all normal golfing conditions, including rain
- Wind resistant microphone
- GPS provides distance to center of green (part of their effort to not slow down play)

Very interesting stuff for sure.

Pretty cool looking...a little spendy.... I hope this doesn't slow play down if it's taken on the course. Having to place it, then do your pre-shot routine, hit the ball and then get the camera back in the bag....hmmm....looking forward to you thoughts Jake.

I must just not "get" technology. This is a camera with a spike attached, isn't it? I went through the site, and I saw one mention of the GPS "measuring to the center of the green" and one of "locates you on the course". Nothing further about how, or if you have to enter your course yourself, or anything substantial.

I did see that it was at $299 reduced from $350.

It's a gadget, and I like gadgets in general. I don't think this one's offering me enough for the price. Maybe the website's just not explaining all the features and more will become apparent here, but right now I don't see there being a demand for this. Cameras are getting cheaper everyday, and it's not like you can't get a spike stand and tote one of those around.

I think this is awesome. However depending on the price of Google Glass(possibly $400) and that would be a better option. The $400 price tag though is just some guys ponderings

I think it looks very cool.

I think it looks very cool.

I do too, however, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's only designed for one use. If it was able to have different modes for other sports or outdoor activities, I think the price would be more realistic.

I wonder if it's geared more towards instructors, hence the price tag?

Back