Swing Method Thoughts

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys it's almost the start of a new golf season and even though I'm playing well, I'm looking for a certain "swing method" that I can structure my swing around. I've nailed the basics of the golf swing such as attacking from the inside and squaring the clubface, but when things go wrong I don't really no where to turn. I'm getting lessons, but so far that seems like quick fixes. I want to hear some of the different swing methods, even the infomercials that you guys have heard of or even tried. Examples would be things such as the rotary swing, stack and tilt, the "foley method," and things like that. I just want a structured program to work around, and will eventually narrow my decision down to what is comfortable and has good reviews. Thanks!

Sean Foley seems to know what he's talking about

Sean Foley seems to know what he's talking about
It seems so with tiger winning as of now! I wonder if his can convey that in his video however.

The best "method" is probably whatever you and a local PGA instructor can work on. Nothing in a video or YouTube channel can replicate live instruction.

The best "method" is probably whatever you and a local PGA instructor can work on. Nothing in a video or YouTube channel can replicate live instruction.
I know and that is why I take lessons and have improved. I just like learning new ways of thinking, and posed the question of specific methods and opinions on them, not looking for the response of get lessons.. because I am! Thanks though :)

Last edited:
I know and that is why I go to GolfTec and have improved. I just like learning new ways of thinking, and posed the question of specific methods and opinions on them, not looking for the response of get lessons.. because I am! Thanks though :)

I'm not saying "get lessons". I am saying that videos and YouTube tips will never be as personal as giving a pro a call for a tune up.

I personally like Foley's attention to detail with Trackman.

I know and that is why I go to GolfTec and have improved. I just like learning new ways of thinking, and posed the question of specific methods and opinions on them, not looking for the response of get lessons.. because I am! Thanks though :)

Where do you live?

You need to find the teacher closest to you that teaches the good players (college, mini tour, PGA tour).

Where do you live?

You need to find the teacher closest to you that teaches the good players (college, mini tour, PGA tour).
I have a teacher that I already go to if I really need a major fix. I'm not looking to play college or professional golf, I just like learning new thought processes and ways to swing the club.

I have a teacher that I already go to if I really need a major fix. I'm not looking to play college or professional golf, I just like learning new thought processes and ways to swing the club.

Well you said you're lessons felt like quick fixes and you wanted something more. The teacher who has the good players will be able to communicate what you need to hear better in general.

Ok, I know that lessons are the best way to go, and the only path with the highest chance of success, but I'd like to forget about those for a moment. If anybody knows of any structured programs put together like the stack and tilt book, or the Rotary Swing videos, I would love for input on ideologies like those.

Back