The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seeing the new Camaro's everywhere, very tempting but I'm not spending that kind of money on a vehicle.

I will after I hit the Mega Millions. Hopefully no one hit recently and it's huge. Last I heard it was over $400M but that was before Tuesday's drawing.

Glad that we're on page 46 of this thread. Didn't like clicking on the thread and seeing Celine...:sick:

I will after I hit the Mega Millions. Hopefully no one hit recently and it's huge. Last I heard it was over $400M but that was before Tuesday's drawing.

The big jackpot was won last Friday.

Mega Millions officials announced today that the jackpot for the Friday, August 28 drawing ended up being higher than estimated. Sales of Mega Millions tickets were stronger than expected, so the jackpot, which was estimated at $333 million before the drawing, ended up being $336 million.

Two tickets matched all six winning numbers. Those tickets, which were bought in San Gabriel, California and the Bronx, New York, split the jackpot equally - which comes out to $168 million each, before taxes.

Lotteries are taxes on people who are really, really bad at math.

Lotteries are taxes on people who are really, really bad at math.

I think if someone spends a dollar every so often on a ticket - they're buying cheap entertainment. Beyond that - they're fools.

This is the lastest I've managed to stay up in days. I must be getting better.

My wife's improvement after hip replacement is nothing short of phenomenal. She is now walking with only a cane after over a year of the ubiquitous walker. She has been working like a dog exercising. I am amazed by her grit.:clapp:

My new Bon Appetit came yesterday and there is a recipe for Slow-Baked Honeycrisp Apples. I love apples and Honeycrisps are my favorite. I can't wait to try the recipe.

My wife finally gave in and let me buy an LCD TV for the bedroom. :banana: It replaced a big, heavy 15-year-old 27" tube TV. At 32", it's just right for the bedroom. I just finished installing the TV on an articulating mount and added a floating shelf for the receiver. It looks great, and frees up a lot of space in that corner.

My wife finally gave in and let me buy an LCD TV for the bedroom. :banana: It replaced a big, heavy 15-year-old 27" tube TV. At 32", it's just right for the bedroom. I just finished installing the TV on an articulating mount and added a floating shelf for the receiver. It looks great, and frees up a lot of space in that corner.

A TV for the bedroom? :confused2:
Never. Ever.

Never. Ever.

+1 :good:

You had me worried for a moment, Smallie. Jacqui's out of town, and you're posting on happy, happy joy, joy. I wondered what was up.

Gotta have a TV in the bedroom. Actually, that's the only room in the apartment where we do have a tv. The living room has 2 computer desks with 3 computers total - nowhere to put the tv!

Never. Ever.

We've had a TV in the bedroom ever since we've been married, now 17 years. I know some say that the bedroom is only for two things, but we've got two recliners, a coffee table and a treadmill in the bedroom. It's nice to watch TV when on the treadmill on those days we can't make it to the gym.

The TV is also nice to have on those nights when you just want to relax upstairs early in the evening, not planning to go downstairs for the rest of the night.

We have a 27" tv in the bedroom, my wife wants to drag our HD big screen in from the living room & replace that with a new one.

Losing weight is a really good thing except some of my clothes are now too big.

Losing weight is a really good thing except some of my clothes are now too big.

But it isn't that a good reason for you to go shopping for a new wardrobe? Congrats on your weight loss Diane, but from pics you've posted, you were already pretty slim.

But it isn't that a good reason for you to go shopping for a new wardrobe? Congrats on your weight loss Diane, but from pics you've posted, you were already pretty slim.

Clothes hide a multitude of sins.

I'm not a big shopper - well I like to shop, but just once at the beginning of each season.

Gorgeous September night at Fenway. The Sox won 10-0 and I got fried dough. Perfect.

The first shipments of Honeycrisp apples just arrived at grocery stores.

Yum - They are my favorite. I wonder if they're here in CT too. Whole Foods has the best and worth the extra money.

Yum - They are my favorite. I wonder if they're here in CT too. Whole Foods has the best and worth the extra money.

Those are my favorite too! I LOVE apples, I eat at least 2 a day but right now the garbage they call apples here in Florida is terrible. I think we have another couple of weeks before we get the good stuff. Until then I have been sticking to plums.

Those are my favorite too! I LOVE apples, I eat at least 2 a day but right now the garbage they call apples here in Florida is terrible. I think we have another couple of weeks before we get the good stuff. Until then I have been sticking to plums.

I eat them every day too. Do you like bread pudding - I have a really good recipe for an apple bread pudding with a Grand Marnier sauce if you want it.

I eat them every day too. Do you like bread pudding - I have a really good recipe for an apple bread pudding with a Grand Marnier sauce if you want it.

We will take it. Put it up in the recipe thread, because I love bread pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back