Number of courses you have played?

Number of courses you have played?

• Total voters

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Ok, how many different courses have you played? Currently I believe i'm up to 62 but I have a lot to go. My goal is at least 100 different courses just in the state of Wisconsin.

I have played tons of courses. However as I get older, I find that the most important feature for me is where it is located. We have travelled for golf vacations, and have played well over a hundred courses since I took up this game. But for the most part now, I play the course we belong to.

That is until 10/15 when we move to a new golf community and join the new club.

I'm not positive on the exact number, but it's somewhere in the 30's I think. Just playing a year in HS as a senior (free golf, what?!) I managed to play at probably a dozen different courses for meets. Depending on travel and time available to play I should probably break 51 in the next year or two.

I do like to play different courses when I can. Keeps things looking different. Also keeps a sense of exploration to it when you don't know what to expect on every hole.

Also keeps a sense of exploration to it when you don't know what to expect on every hole.

Ran into last sunday at Fireridge which none of us had played before. Get to the 10th hole which look like a relatively straight shot to the green. Long par 4 hole with an undulating fairway. Anyways it was scramble & we played my tee shot, the 2nd shot by Bob was a crushing hybrid that sailed towards the green & we thought for sure it was on.

Drove my cart up to the top of the small ridge & SURPRISE! Big body of water none of us knew was there & the ball was definitely in it.

I try to keep my normal rotation to about 5 courses, but with vacations and all its way over 50.

Agreed. Travel and different charity outings gets it up there.

I have no idea how many.

I think this can be an interesting question when you find out some people basically play one course all the time. I have played with people who play 99% of their rounds on a single course and then when they get out onto an unfamiliar course they don't understand why their score is so high.:banghead:

I am not sure how many I have played in total, but would say about 15-20 or so in the last 2 years.

I'm pretty sure I would fall in the 50+ range, but not much over 50. I have only been playing 9 years, so that is an average of 5 different courses per year.

I'm pretty sure I would fall in the 50+ range, but not much over 50. I have only been playing 9 years, so that is an average of 5 different courses per year.

Except that 9 x 5 = 45.

Spoiler
Math Girl strikes again!
20070419150130.gif

Except that 9 x 5 = 45.

Spoiler
Math Girl strikes again!
20070419150130.gif

You would be correct except for one small thing.... ON AVERAGE, 5 per year is still AROUND 50. I think I said it wasn't totally accurate. Let me guess....accountant?:D

You would be correct except for one small thing.... ON AVERAGE, 5 per year is still AROUND 50. I think I said it wasn't totally accurate. Let me guess....accountant?:D

Rounding up? Let me guess... preparer of expense reports? :D

I probably should have picked more than 51. Three vacations to Arizona probably got me 20 to 25 different courses alone.

Wow! I never really counted before but it's 17. I'm kinda surprised considering I've only played a little over a year. Most of my rounds have been on four courses, but every course I've played has been fun (regardless of score).

I can't say every course I have ever played has been fun. There are courses I'll never go back to for different reasons, but mostly I hate target golf courses. I find them more difficult because they often have carries that I can't get over. Even if I get the distance - my ball has such a low trajectory that it just hits into the yucky stuff.

Even if I get the distance - my ball has such a low trajectory that it just hits into the yucky stuff.

I never realized the difference a shaft makes in trajectory until I tried a High Launch shaft in the Evolver. Pretty amazing to me.

I can't say every course I have ever played has been fun. There are courses I'll never go back to for different reasons, but mostly I hate target golf courses. I find them more difficult because they often have carries that I can't get over. Even if I get the distance - my ball has such a low trajectory that it just hits into the yucky stuff.

I guess I'm still so new at the game that I look at each course with wide-eyed wonder (and more lost golf balls than I care to admit). Yeah, that and BYU will win the national championship in football this year. :rolleyes:

I marked 21-50... I can count about 30 then it gets a bit foggy. I can count 10 just this year, and I've played for 25+ years. but I don't take golf vacations, so I don't see a lot of courses around the country. All but a handful are right here in Colorado.

I counted 35 courses I've played. Twenty-eight in Oregon, two in California, two in Hawaii, one in Washington, one in Colorado and one in Illinois. I though that would be a lot, but some of you have played two or more times the number of courses I have!

I think this can be an interesting question when you find out some people basically play one course all the time. I have played with people who play 99% of their rounds on a single course and then when they get out onto an unfamiliar course they don't understand why their score is so high.:banghead:

The home course advantage is alive & well in golf. I have played with folks who play mainly on 1 course & as you mentioned take them off of it & out of their comfort zone really screws with their heads.

The home course advantage is alive & well in golf. I have played with folks who play mainly on 1 course & as you mentioned take them off of it & out of their comfort zone really screws with their heads.

That is true dyna but if I'm playing a different course It doesnt bother me if I do bad.

Back