Northern California Get Together?

Another course we should definitely consider at some point is Stevinson Ranch, just outside of Merced. Only played it once and loved it.

Haven't played this one either, but I've heard good stuff about Wente Vineyards in Livermore as well. We can get to all of them eventually!

Wente is nice but you can do much better. It's overpriced and too busy in the summer, as well as too hot.

Another course we should definitely consider at some point is Stevinson Ranch, just outside of Merced. Only played it once and loved it.

This is a nice course. A little ways out as it would take me about 90 mins to get there but a very nice place.

If you want to come down to Hollister then we can play at San Juan Oaks, which is a great course and being a member, I can get you some decent rates, free range balls, etc.

I'd also recommend Bayonet or Blackhorse in Monterey. Awesome courses to play.

for anyone in the area wanting to get together on the weekend im always game

If you want to come down to Hollister then we can play at San Juan Oaks, which is a great course and being a member, I can get you some decent rates, free range balls, etc.

Love Blackhorse and will play Bayonet soon! I'll take you up on the SJO offer at some point as well, hopefully. All of the northern places are about 2 hours away for me, with the exception of Stevinson Ranch, which is maybe just under 90 minutes. Monterey about 2:30. Can't do it every weekend, obviously, but if we find courses with reasonable rates, I'd be willing to drive 90 minutes or so once every month or two to play with fellow hackers.

for anyone in the area wanting to get together on the weekend im always game

Tummy, if you ever feel like making a run down to Fresno on a Saturday or Sunday, lemme know and we'll hook it up!

NCGA Tournament season is in full swing for me now so I have lots of qualifiers between now and the end of May but I should still have time to squeeze in a few rounds. SJO @ Hollister shouldn't be too far from Fresno. I'm out there nearly every Saturday or Sunday when I don't have a tournament somewhere else.

NCGA Tournament season is in full swing for me now so I have lots of qualifiers between now and the end of May but I should still have time to squeeze in a few rounds. SJO @ Hollister shouldn't be too far from Fresno. I'm out there nearly every Saturday or Sunday when I don't have a tournament somewhere else.

yeah, I can get to Hollister in just under 2 hours, unless the course is way out in the boonies or something :D

yeah, I can get to Hollister in just under 2 hours, unless the course is way out in the boonies or something :D

No, it's just a half mile off 156 between Hollister and San Juan Bautista. Very easy to get to.

i'm up for the Hollister area as well, and I haven't played Bayonet in Monterey since the mid-1970s as a teenager and my Father was in the military. Looking forward to getting together with the NoCal THP'ers if it works out.

i'm up for the Hollister area as well, and I haven't played Bayonet in Monterey since the mid-1970s as a teenager and my Father was in the military.

Those courses have changed a LOT since the 70s.

Looking forward to getting together with the NoCal THP'ers if it works out.

It's easy for it to work out. We just need to throw a dart at the calendar and map and commit. :)

Though my play was less than stellar to say the least, San Juan Oaks is a nice course and Rob's a great host. This is an over-nighter for me, so my schedule might only allow me to play there once this summer.

My wife has family in the Bay area so daytrips there will be easier for me to schedule. Though she does have to go to Fresno on business every couple of months......

Though my play was less than stellar to say the least, San Juan Oaks is a nice course and Rob's a great host. This is an over-nighter for me, so my schedule might only allow me to play there once this summer.

My wife has family in the Bay area so daytrips there will be easier for me to schedule. Though she does have to go to Fresno on business every couple of months......

did somebody say Fresno? Haha, hit me up whenever you come down my way!

did somebody say Fresno? Haha, hit me up whenever you come down my way!

I will try to have her schedule a Friday meeting (everybody loves those) that way we can play the following Saturday morning. If I get it past the wife I will PM you for dates.

yea we can set something up for a the next week or so i'd be down

For next week, let's forgo the survey. I will, unfortunately be out of town. Anyone else available for a round next week?

I will try to have her schedule a Friday meeting (everybody loves those) that way we can play the following Saturday morning. If I get it past the wife I will PM you for dates.

Sounds good to me.

For next week, let's forgo the survey. I will, unfortunately be out of town. Anyone else available for a round next week?

Not 100% sure. Got a kid's b-day party Friday night, not sure what else is going on yet. I'm a definite maybe.

I'll be at San Juan Oaks this Saturday and next Sunday the 7th.

Thread for Bay Area, CA golfers

Thread for Bay Area, CA golfers

Looked in the forum and didn't see anything. Still pretty new to THP but extremely jealous of the activity in the rest of the country. Figured I could post this here and see if anyone was ever down to go out for a round and meet up.

My world got away from me with work and other stuff. This past year has been crazy, but I feel that slowing down. So, I'm game to start some future planning. And I think there will be at least two or three NoCal members at the Bridgestone in Vegas.
Should we shoot for something in October?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

How about end of October? I get married mid October and would love to be at this with everyone.

Last weekend in October anyone? Can I get a second?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Definite possibility. I've not been told of anything being scheduled yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

Back