What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
63 on a par 54 course. All par 3's & it's a very nice course. Longest hole was 222 yds & I nailed that one with my 3w. Putting was horrible though, greens had recently been aerated & sanded, the aeration marks are pretty much gone but there is tons of snad on every green & they are rock hard.

Was happy hitting 9 GIR's or as I told my wife SIR's...sands in regulation. She played too & shot a 99...I was being generous with her score card.:D

Shot a 90 today with 35 putts. I left myself a shot on the 18th to break 90 with a 6 foot birdie putt, but I missed it bad, made par and will have to wait until next time.

As astronomical number of shots. I don't think I broke 120. Man do I get my monies worth.At least the bag is lighter from discarding all those balls in the woods and water.

I'm not sure what I shot either. The scorecard is in the truck. Still not added up. I really feel sorry for you good people who can have an idea within a shot or two just keeping it in your head.

I probably would have shot better had I not gotten so many phone calls while trying to hit a stupid little white ball! :eyepoke::eyepoke::eyepoke: (J/K! I wish I could blame it on that!)

(By the way, did everything get loaded OK?)

Shot 80 today. 42 on the front and 38 on the back. I was really struggling off the tee on the front, but the iron play was saving me. The back 9 I was dialed in. Shot 38 and that was without making a putt outside of 6 feet. It was simply fairways and greens the whole way around.

83 today at a new course. Shot A 41 front & that was with a double on the 1st hole. I never add up my score until the rd is over & I would have swore I shot better on the back, but alas it was 2 strokes worse.

Breezed thru the front 9 in an hr flat. then got caught behind a number of groups on the back, played thru 2 groups but then decided to just hang back.

76 after going 4 over on the front side shot even par on the back, 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, the rest pars. Had the best day putting I have had in a long time, 29 putts. 2 from outside 20 feet. Waterview in Rowlett TX - greens are perfect.

78 yesterday, probably my best score in 20 years. Birdied 9,11,12,13.

93 and once again couldn't putt worth a darn. But at least I'm beginning to get comfortable with the new irons and trusting them more.

93 and once again couldn't putt worth a darn. But at least I'm beginning to get comfortable with the new irons and trusting them more.

Shouldn't you be trusting yourself more?

86 today playing a six'em. Man was it slow and carry-overs cost me four dollors, lol. I had the best round of the group by four strokes, yet a guy who shot 101 won the most money. That's what I like about this game, you had better play great EVERY hole. One missed 3 footer and my 101 buddy who 6 holes.

Keep firing dannyka...it took me at least a few months before I got comfy when I got my new irons

It was just your driver that I used.

I thought you were going to take my putter and use that too. I think I'm going to get a new one when I get home so you might get that one for a good price.

On Sat 9/5 golfed the front terrible putting 24 putts, 54 while fiancee beat me by 2 with a 52 on monday 97 had a 102 with 37 putts, my fiancee had a 97. Will be out tomorrow and will see if I can break 100 for the 9th time this year.

Yesterday had a total of 36 putts, had a 47 on the front and a 49 on the back for a 96 9th time I've broke 100 this year.

Walked Silverbell this afternoon. 41/42 for an 83. Should have been a lot lower if I had putted well at all. I kept track, I missed 6 birdie putts, 5 par putts. Didn't make anything outside 8ft! Only saving grace is I didn't 3 putt once, but I had 36 putts total.

90 today. Had 7 pars, which isn't bad for me, but also 7 double-bogeys. At least there was nothing worse despite a couple of penalties.

Played a very nice links course for the very first time and I shot 79:D with an eagle on #9 ...... it was a pitty the round took 6+ hours:banghead:

Played a local course, front nine. Shot a 58, which is a big improvement for me!!

Broke 110 for the first time last night. Scorecard says 99, but it's inaccurate. I refused to card more than an 8 on a par 4, and I'm pretty sure I shot a 12. I had hit two into the water on my tee shot and just wrote down an 8 and played out the hole.

Broke 110 for the first time last night. Scorecard says 99, but it's inaccurate. I refused to card more than an 8 on a par 4, and I'm pretty sure I shot a 12. I had hit two into the water on my tee shot and just wrote down an 8 and played out the hole.

Why not write down what you really scored so you have a real sense of how you played?

Because on this particular hole, I was so frustrated that if I knew I was still counting strokes I would have thrown every club in my bag out into the lake. Writing down a high, undesirable number at least took the pressure of counting off and I could play out the hole. Did I cheat, technically, yep, you bet. Did it keep me from storming off the course? Yep. I'll take it as the lesser of evils on this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back