Any "deals" at your course?

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
I just got to thinking. The first Wednesday of every month at our local course is free golf day. Where we can golf as much as we want all day. Anyone else have any days or deals like this at there local course?

Usually it's on Tuesdays for the 'premier' course around here. They'll offer things like 'ride for the walking price' or free lunch and drinks when you book a foursome'....

Almost every course has been offering deals - everything from a lower price for greens fees and cart to a percentage off in the restaurant if you played golf.

Almost every course has been offering deals - everything from a lower price for greens fees and cart to a percentage off in the restaurant if you played golf.

what are greens fees? I just pay to play 18 with a cart I think?

what are greens fees? I just pay to play 18 with a cart I think?

Greens fees are what you play to pay golf. The cart fee is separate, but sometimes they give you one price for both.

Most courses around here have made the "twilight rate" start earlier. It used to be that you could barely finish 18 getting one of the first few "twilight rate" tee times, now a majority of them start just after noon.

My course offers monthly memberships for $80 a month. That is all the golf you can play. The carts cost extra though. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

On Wed. at my course it's twilight rate, all the golf you can play all day. At the course I play for league we pay $20 and play as many holes as we can get in before dark.

My course offers monthly memberships for $80 a month. That is all the golf you can play. The carts cost extra though. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I'm going to have to call and see if they have any kind of a monthly membershit. I pay like 40 for 18 holes with a cart (my wife likes to drive it):banghead:

Right now in Southern Arizona, it is almost "name your price". One of the Green Valley courses, San Ignacio, just sent me an e-mail for $12.00 for 18 including cart, I played Starr Pass, one of the premium courses, yesterday for $30 for 18 including cart. Golf Now actually had free golf at half a dozen different courses on the Labor Day weekend. All were for 2 or more players and I couldn't take advantage, but they were there just the same.

Of course, our rates will change to "winter" rates soon, so the prices will be back up in the $40 to $250 range.

I'm going to have to call and see if they have any kind of a monthly membershit.

I would think members wouldn't have to put up with this. :D

Most of the public courses around here offer a twilight rate during the week. They usually start at 2 or 3 so you can easily get 18 in. The only other main discount is the replay rate. If you get done and want to play more it is either half price or just cart fees. Pretty good deal if you want to play more than 18 in a day.

We have twilight Tuesdays at one of the courses I like to play, twilight rate all day. Usually when I play on weekdays its last minute and I dont get a chance to check for deals.

Twilight rates are year round here, I don't really consider them a 'deal'

Usually the courses that have the 'deals' are the POS courses I wouldn't play otherwise. We've got a ton of courses around here, and several greenskeepers that make Carl Spackler look like a friggin genius, so the marketing departments have to constantly convince people to come and play these otherwise poorly kept courses. It's a vicious cycle...

Last edited:
How many people on here actually play during the winter? And why would it be more expensive to do so? I know I will be playing a lot throughout the winter, not sure what my drive will look like in 40 degree weather. yuck!

How many people on here actually play during the winter? And why would it be more expensive to do so? I know I will be playing a lot throughout the winter, not sure what my drive will look like in 40 degree weather. yuck!

I play year round, it gets cold here for about 2 months(temps in the 40's) so I layer up and head out. I don't think it would be any more expensive as far as greens fees go, around here just about every course has a "winter rate" that is much lower than the normal rate.

After three, you don't have to use a caddy at our club. That's about it. At least we can carry, play however many holes we want, and pay nothing. (Except the initiation, the bond, the dues, the minimum.... )

I do.

It gets more expensive in places like Arizona because the weather is better. It's not 110°.

I play unless it's snowing. It's temporary greens and tees, but it's only $10 for 18 holes. Some days we are the only ones on the course - it's great.

Guess I live in the wrong area. Our rates are still quite high with no specials around here. I tried a nice local course up here last week, very easy course that is kept very nice. $60 a round including the "path fee". The club manager told me they only had like 3 memberships left they could take.

About 20 miles away there are nicer courses, cheaper.

If you don't mind an extended round and following fivesomes around the course, Sunflower Hills is $26 including cart after 12:00 on Sundays. Has been all season I think.

Our rates go up in the winter because (they say) fewer people are playing. A walking Senior pays $9.50 for 18 holes. Those walkers who are 59 or younger pay $6.75-$30.00 depending on the time of day for 18 holes. Cart fees are $13.50 for everyone. Non residents pay big time. Winter time around here is no problem as far as playing. Maybe a few north winds, that bring the chill factor down are about the only problem. Some frosty morning hold up tee times sometimes. Short sleeves in January are not uncommon.

Our rates go up in the winter because (they say) fewer people are playing. A walking Senior pays $9.50 for 18 holes. Those walkers who are 59 or younger pay $6.75-$30.00 depending on the time of day for 18 holes. Cart fees are $13.50 for everyone. Non residents pay big time. Winter time around here is no problem as far as playing. Maybe a few north winds, that bring the chill factor down are about the only problem. Some frosty morning hold up tee times sometimes. Short sleeves in January are not uncommon.

What courses do you visit most in Vegas, I live a couple of hours from there and will probably be staying there quite a while at the end of October.....I prefer the less busy ones because I don't like to be laughed at ;)

Back