Not a chance that that is faked... it isn't necessary. My brother-in-law's club (Red Rocks Country Club) is in the same terrain as Arrowhead, just a few miles further north, and they have deer and elk on the course regularly. Almost any evening all summer long I could drive up there and take the same sort of pictures.

My boss lives in Denver and is a nature photographer. He has pictures like this and also close ups of almost every creature that inhabit those mountains. The backdrops are most of the time breathtaking!!! Just made my first trip to Denver and it is not pretty, but anything west of there is great.

I always encounter deer at Arrowhead. They don't mind people either. It is not uncommon to share a tee box with a deer. They just mind their own business.
I played at Hiwan in Evergreen and there were Big bull elk laying in the fairway. The mountain courses in Colorado are just amazing. A good walk spoiled? I say no way!

I always encounter deer at Arrowhead. They don't mind people either. It is not uncommon to share a tee box with a deer. They just mind their own business.
I played at Hiwan in Evergreen and there were Big bull elk laying in the fairway. The mountain courses in Colorado are just amazing. A good walk spoiled? I say no way!

Are those considered immovable obstructions? hehe Can you drop a ball without retrieving the original?

Are those considered immovable obstructions? hehe Can you drop a ball without retrieving the original?

Very good question. I did my best to shoot as far away from them as possible. They are HUGE and intimidating. Pretty cool to see though.

This time of year when they are starting the rut you don't want to mess with a bull elk. They are extremely irritable and very dangerous. A friend of mine was attacked once and the only thing that saved him was a stand of small lodgepole pines which were growing so close together that the elk couldn't get his antlers into the trees. Frank took a couple of pictures of the elk attacking the trees not 10 feet away trying to tear them down to get at him.

If I hit a ball near them this time of year I stay away... they are treated like an alligator or any other dangerous animal. You get a free drop a safe distance away, not closer to the hole, and play on from there.

If I hit a ball near them this time of year I stay away... they are treated like an alligator or any other dangerous animal. You get a free drop a safe distance away, not closer to the hole, and play on from there.

Fourputt - What about a hawk with prey? There is one that seems to live on the 2nd hole of the course I usually play. One evening he was on the ground with something disgusting and my friend's ball landed about 5 feet from him. We debated whether a hawk would present imminent danger or not.

Fourputt - What about a hawk with prey? There is one that seems to live on the 2nd hole of the course I usually play. One evening he was on the ground with something disgusting and my friend's ball landed about 5 feet from him. We debated whether a hawk would present imminent danger or not.

Not that I ever heard of. They just really aren't aggressive. You are a lot more dangerous to the hawk than he is to you.

Saw a bird go after a ladie's hat on the golf course once. Don't know what kind of bird, but it sure was funny.

Saw a bird go after a ladie's hat on the golf course once. Don't know what kind of bird, but it sure was funny.

I've been attacked by ordinary blackbirds. They can be very aggressive when defending their nest. I was knocked out of an oak tree once by a pair of robins when I was a kid... trying to get a look in the nest and both parents took a strong exception to my attempt at furthering my education.... I learned a slightly different lesson from the one I had planned. :eek:

Arrowhead in Littleton, CO. Awesome views all over the course.
DSC01388.jpg
DSC01389-edit.jpg

Interesting note... my brother-in-law just called. He has a tee time this morning at Arrowhead... for $55. I'm waiting now for him to swing by and pick me up. :clapp:

Fourputt you are lucky! I am jealous. I am stuck in the office today. $55 is not bad either for Arrowhead. Enjoy buddy!!!:clapp:

A few more from Arrowhead. :D

The par 3 3rd hole from the tee:

IMG_0556.jpg

Par 3 13th from the tee:

IMG_0567.jpg

Well Fourputt, that course is now on my "to play" list.

We don't have any of those big rocks here.

Foothills and Arrowhead just made my list of places to play when I permanently move back to CO next month. Thanks Fourputt and Graz! :clap:

Bravo Fourputt!!!

That Par 3 13th is a legit hole. People have been married on that tee box. There isn't a camera that can truly depict the how cool that hole is and how high the tee box is. Maybe one of my favorite holes I have ever played.

How were the greens Fourputt? The last time I played there the greens were US Open slick.

We don't have any of those big rocks here.

What do you mean, no big rocks? As I remember Kansas, if there is a rock of any size, someone put it there, it did not occur naturally. :laughing:

What do you mean, no big rocks? As I remember Kansas, if there is a rock of any size, someone put it there, it did not occur naturally. :laughing:

What are you guys talking about?!?!?

Kansas ROCKS!:

Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]CB17uWuBrL0[/YOUTUBE]

Back