Callaway X Hot & X Hot Pro Irons Preview

Can you comment a bit on ballflight with the KBS tours? I am hitting it way to darn high with the rocketbladez/90 combo.. I know these are certainly quite a bit different, but I think a good different for me
Yes, I would say it was the perfect medium. Not too high and not too low. I also think it was a good piercing flight.

One-T with strong iron play is a tough match.

Yes, I would say it was the perfect medium. Not too high and not too low. I also think it was a good piercing flight.

This is what I needed to hear. Lofts are very similar to the Rbladez so I think this set could be $$ for me. Just need to off those first

One-T with strong iron play is a tough match.
you arent kidding dude. Crazy awesome. haha
This is what I needed to hear. Lofts are very similar to the Rbladez so I think this set could be $$ for me. Just need to off those first
I think you need to pull the trigger.

you arent kidding dude. Crazy awesome. haha

I think you need to pull the trigger.

Well need to off the Rbladez. Think I will throw em up on the bay and see what I can get for them.. Need most of the $$ because I dont have very much to spend on golf stuff right now

Dangit One-T, you're going to influence me to buy another set of clubs aren't you!
All I seem to do is follow you around and spend money. :D

Yesterday was so awesome. It was my first time hitting the XHP's. I honestly have no idea where to start. On the 192 yard par3 where I pulled 7 iron and hit it to about 8 feet or the par 3 168 where I took 8 iron to 5 feet. Which, many of you know...irons havent been a strong part of my game. I literally had 2 mishits with my irons yesterday. 205 par 3, 5 iron that forgot to draw on me...haha. and a pulled pw. Other than that, these irons flat out performed.

They feel so great at impact. i have gamed many different irons and these are top of the list all time for feel. As for forgiveness in a "pro" iron I was blown away. Although I didnt hit any fat or thin, I did catch some just a hair on the toe, and I saw no issues. I played the 5 iron from a few tee boxes on par 4's and I was center of the fwy every time. It was almost automatic. One par 4 with the wind in my face, I hit a 5 and really stopped my swing to flight it lower. That worked like a charm.

I really need to get my thoughts together on these, but first impressions are that I am very impressed. I do have the KBS tour S shaft in these. and I wouldnt change that for anything.

Dangit One-T, you're going to influence me to buy another set of clubs aren't you!
All I seem to do is follow you around and spend money. :D
hahaha. My bad dude. I dont really rave about anything on here unless I really like it. So, at least you see my honesty.

I just spoke to Jarret for a bit, and he was raving about these irons. You could hear the excitement in his voice. Unfortunately we won't be able to get together for a round before the outing, but I am sure we will get plenty in afterward and I look forward to seeing him mash these while targeting pins.

hahaha. My bad dude. I dont really rave about anything on here unless I really like it. So, at least you see my honesty.
Love when hype meets expectations. Awesome you may have found a winner.

I just spoke to Jarret for a bit, and he was raving about these irons. You could hear the excitement in his voice. Unfortunately we won't be able to get together for a round before the outing, but I am sure we will get plenty in afterward and I look forward to seeing him mash these while targeting pins.
Yeah dude. Good talk. I think you will love these things. I wouldnt ponder my MC irons any longer.

Annika played in the KRAFT Nabisco pro-am yesterday. After puring an approach that went long, she said something to the effect of, "Wow, long. Must be these new XHots". Then, she put the cluhead near that camera lens. Pretty funny.

Annika played in the KRAFT Nabisco pro-am yesterday. After puring an approach that went long, she said something to the effect of, "Wow, long. Must be these new XHots". Then, she put the cluhead near that camera lens. Pretty funny.
Thats hilarious!

Yeah dude. Good talk. I think you will love these things. I wouldnt ponder my MC irons any longer.

Pretty sure I am done bro. I am sure we will be discussing shafts at least one more time, but the heads are not in doubt.

I am sorry I missed that

Yup. I still want to hit these.

Badly.

Been really enjoying reading this thread. When I hit a bunch of irons a few weeks ago the X Hot Pro's definitely caught my attention. I'd say they wound up #2 behind the Rocketbladez Tour's which was the clear winner. I am curious though as to how much was the shaft. I had never hit the KBS Tour shaft and really thought the Rocketbladez Tour/ KBS Tour was a great combo. I want to find a Callaway Demo Day around here and hit the XHP with the KBS Tour shaft which I noticed is an option on Callaway's website.

Been really enjoying reading this thread. When I hit a bunch of irons a few weeks ago the X Hot Pro's definitely caught my attention. I'd say they wound up #2 behind the Rocketbladez Tour's which was the clear winner. I am curious though as to how much was the shaft. I had never hit the KBS Tour shaft and really thought the Rocketbladez Tour/ KBS Tour was a great combo. I want to find a Callaway Demo Day around here and hit the XHP with the KBS Tour shaft which I noticed is an option on Callaway's website.

I know when I was looking at ordering on the Callaway website that the KBS Tour shaft was no additional charge on the X Hot Pros.

I know when I was looking at ordering on the Callaway website that the KBS Tour shaft was no additional charge on the X Hot Pros.

Correct. They are in a shopping cart for me right now with KBS

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Yeah, I noticed that ad which really had my interest. Great move from Callaway offering the KBS shaft at no upcharge. It's the reason I want to find a Demo Day for Callaway. Unfortunately, Callaway is the only company I can't find Demo Days for. Every time I search their site I get the same "No results found." I thought maybe they just weren't doing Demo Days up north so I'll put in a Florida or California zip and always get "No results found." I do see they have some Fitting Studios near by so I may try one of those out to see how the XHP/KBS Tour combo works out.

Yeah, I noticed that ad which really had my interest. Great move from Callaway offering the KBS shaft at no upcharge. It's the reason I want to find a Demo Day for Callaway. Unfortunately, Callaway is the only company I can't find Demo Days for. Every time I search their site I get the same "No results found." I thought maybe they just weren't doing Demo Days up north so I'll put in a Florida or California zip and always get "No results found." I do see they have some Fitting Studios near by so I may try one of those out to see how the XHP/KBS Tour combo works out.

I had the same problem, you might try emailing them. Also, if all of the other big boys are at the same location on one day, its a pretty safe bet Callaway is there as well, I've never been to a demo day where they were absent.

I had the same problem, you might try emailing them. Also, if all of the other big boys are at the same location on one day, its a pretty safe bet Callaway is there as well, I've never been to a demo day where they were absent.

Thanks Wake, I'll send them an email. Seems like for whatever reason, every demo day I find is only one company. I am however only looking at Taylormade and Callaway right now. I'll try looking at some other brands to see if there are any big demo days.

Last edited:

The KBS Tour in stiff should be standard on any retailers Callaway fitting cart.

That's awesome

Had a 2 hour range session today, XHP's are the real deal. Long and very forgiving. Had some brutal winds to a 165 pin, launching 6 iron over and found the 7 iron to be perfect. The PX95's launch the same as my KBS Tours but feel a tad stiffer. My 2 favorites were the 6 and 9 irons. Distance was ver consistent and easy to hit with a very smooth tempo. Can't wait to get a round in with them.

Back