Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a new pair of Adidas Adizero Tours. Can find them a lot cheaper on eBay then in the stores, but not sure if I trust the bay. May just spend the money for them locally.

Pondering a 5 or 7 wood. Too bad I have never seen a 6 because I would be pondering one of those too.

Xhot pros for sure now. Just need to make some magic happen

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I am probably one of the few people who do not get along with the Mashie. I hit it a few times at the Demo event in Myrtle last year and the results were not pretty. Might need more time with it though.

Xhot 11 wood. Do it.

11 wood? Didn't even know they made them.

I am probably one of the few people who do not get along with the Mashie. I hit it a few times at the Demo event in Myrtle last year and the results were not pretty. Might need more time with it though.

It's new for the Xhot line, I believe.

Xhot pros for sure now. Just need to make some magic happen

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Man, I need some magic too. I love those irons. Good ponder!

Well I know I am set for #WPF. My X-forged wedges aren't going anywhere! All I need to do is find a 50* and I will be set.

Tried to hit the X-Hot Pro fw tonight, but the bay had a waiting line and the first guy was trying everything in the store :at-wits-end:. I'll be there again tomorrow, but not at 5:30 pm. Really gotta see what this can do.

I have pondered so much this year I may be pondered out. Right now the items remaining on the radar:

Driver: Nike Covert or TEE XCG6
Putter: SeeMore Z3 and SB2
Rainwear: Zero Restriction/Foot Joy/Nike Storm

Also pondering getting rid of all Mizuno irons and committing totally to PING. First time I have thought about this but I think I'm becoming a PING homer.

I'm right there with you, I've tried multiple times to love it, and just never have.

I'm right there with you, I've tried multiple times to love it, and just never have.

Yep. Didn't work out for me as much as I wanted it to.

The Classic XL 7W looks kind of enticing.

Yep. Didn't work out for me as much as I wanted it to.

The Classic XL 7W looks kind of enticing.

I actually had pretty good results with the Mashie. Only problem was that I HAD to swing it at a completely different tempo than the rest of my clubs. That's not good in the middle of the round.

Well the cobra golf fitter I went to recommended my asking for two wraps of tape on my grips, because my hands are big but he didn't want me to go to a missile grip, and that some of my inconsistencies with the driver face was due to timing and play with my index finger from too small of a grip. I will probably change my grips out soon to the new decade white outs, I'm going to see if the local dicks has them on sale again

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

I have pondered so much this year I may be pondered out. Right now the items remaining on the radar:

Also pondering getting rid of all Mizuno irons and committing totally to PING. First time I have thought about this but I think I'm becoming a PING homer.

I've pondered that as well, but I don't think I could do it. I've hit the G25 and i20 in the last month. My MP 52's really do feel better on a clean hit. The i20's were not bad, but my coach and I discussed the G25's and she had the same concern I do. For whatever reason, I am a high spin, high ballflight player. My 6 iron flies roughly as high as some folks' 9 iron. She and I both have the concern that a GI iron that's designed for higher ballflight is going to have me launching moonballs with the short irons. We discussed blended sets, but the upshot is that even though I might be helped a bit on mis-hits by a GI iron, it's probably not worth it overall due to my swing.

I don't even want to think about the fact that Anser irons might be the right choice. Might as well buy JDM for that price.

I've pondered that as well, but I don't think I could do it. I've hit the G25 and i20 in the last month. My MP 52's really do feel better on a clean hit. The i20's were not bad, but my coach and I discussed the G25's and she had the same concern I do. For whatever reason, I am a high spin, high ballflight player. My 6 iron flies roughly as high as some folks' 9 iron. She and I both have the concern that a GI iron that's designed for higher ballflight is going to have me launching moonballs with the short irons. We discussed blended sets, but the upshot is that even though I might be helped a bit on mis-hits by a GI iron, it's probably not worth it overall due to my swing.

I don't even want to think about the fact that Anser irons might be the right choice. Might as well buy JDM for that price.

It's a good thing that you can get some height on your shots. No problems there. But to say that your 6i goes as high as some people's 9i doesn't make you an overly high ball hitter. As long as that's how high your 9i goes too. All of your irons should reach their apex at approximately the same height. That's how they are designed to hit the ball. If you hit the 5 and 6 irons without ballooning them in the G25's then you should be able to hit the 8i, 9i, and PW without ballooning them as well or it's more of a swing issue (not saying you have one...I've never seen your swing). Your fitter should definitely know enough to be able to tell you that about any iron set.

Sometimes people get blended sets to help with "workability", "flighting", and "consistency" in the shorter irons. They will get something with more forgiveness in the longer irons to help maintain launch on a mishit. But I wouldn't say that people play too many irons that they hit the long and mid irons well and find the short irons to all of a sudden be "moonballers". That's a shaft issue. Maybe the G25's would just require something stiffer, lower launching, or flighted.

I could make those things make a 90* left turn.

Happy WPF everybody. Today might be my first time joining in.

I'll put my #WPF in early today... Nikes, Vokes, Bridgestone..

Wedges are such a personal thing to me. It's really hard to let them go. I have been gaming the same couple wedges for about 2 seasons now and I know the grooves are on the way out.

My ponder is some J40's. I hope to find a place that carries them around here.

#WPF

I want to hit the D-100 driver, its just a big ole urge of mine. No clue why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back