2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty cool to see #9 at Caledonia on a slideshow of great short par 3's from Golf Digest: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2013-03/photos-short-par-3s#slide=6

You wouldn't think that a 100 yard par 3 would be difficult, but that silly hole gave me all sorts of problems last year, I couldn't figure out what club to pull off of the tee. The green is pretty shallow, and there is sand all around it.

That hole destroyed me everytime I played it. I actually hit one that bounded off the back hill and rolled a good 40 yards down that cart path. Needless to say I was in my pocket lol. Biggsy liked that hole!

Wow, that is cool. I don't know that I've ever played a "featured" hole yet in my life. That will change in July. :banana:

That hole also had the largest spider I have ever seen chilling on a web that you drive past in order to get to the hole.

That hole also had the largest spider I have ever seen chilling on a web that you drive past in order to get to the hole.

That thing looked mean. You could see his fangs from about 50 yards away.

I think I hit it in the front bunker during a practice round, and then I took one more club in the tournament round and hit it off the back of the green. I think I need to put a 3/4 shot in the bag for this year.

You can do it.

I love read and reliving your guys experiences from last year. It just makes this all so worth it. I can't wait to create some new stories

Pretty cool to see #9 at Caledonia on a slideshow of great short par 3's from Golf Digest: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2013-03/photos-short-par-3s#slide=6

You wouldn't think that a 100 yard par 3 would be difficult, but that silly hole gave me all sorts of problems last year, I couldn't figure out what club to pull off of the tee. The green is pretty shallow, and there is sand all around it.

I love that hole. I'll never forget being in the group in front of Biggsy when he aced it in our Thursday practice round. So cool!

I love read and reliving your guys experiences from last year. It just makes this all so worth it. I can't wait to create some new stories

Agreed. Can't wait to have stories of my own.

"Remember that time Freddie hit it short and it bounced off that turtle and went to 1-inch?"

Oh wait....Freddie never hits it short. Never mind.

That thing looked mean. You could see his fangs from about 50 yards away.

It really did. It was so close to the cart path. I had nightmares

I'm so ready to order my MC putter i have the email written and waiting in drafts :D

At least one of you Callaway guys better be rolling the Tank!

Yes sir, that's the plan.

How tall are you dude? I'm interested in the tank as well and thinking about going 36. I normally play 33

How tall are you dude? I'm interested in the tank as well and thinking about going 36. I normally play 33

I believe last time I measured I was 1.67 chunky's.

I usually roll a 35.5" putter, so it isn't oversized for me. I rolled them both at the Callaway press event earlier this month, and I was rolling the 36" really well, I was a bit uncomfortable rolling the longer one, but I think I would get used to it. I'd like to roll them both again, but not sure if I'll get the chance.

I believe last time I measured I was 1.67 chunky's.

I usually roll a 35.5" putter, so it isn't oversized for me. I rolled them both at the Callaway press event earlier this month, and I was rolling the 36" really well, I was a bit uncomfortable rolling the longer one, but I think I would get used to it. I'd like to roll them both again, but not sure if I'll get the chance.

Haha so pretty short. So you are only going .5" over what you normally roll? This now has me thinking that the 34" would be the one for me

Chunky, I normally game a 36" putter, but with the Tank, I am looking at 38" or 39".

Having rolled the Cleveland Almost Belly at 39" last year for a while, I liked the longer (but not anchored) putter. Nice back balance to it, really helped me with my stroke.

I'm ready to rock a White Hot Pro #1, can't wait to make it official tomorrow.

I got a text from Nate that damn near had me sold on the Tank though, that dude loves it and definitely made me almost think about going that route but I just don't have the best luck with that #7 style head on it. I might be the only one in the world too.

I got a text from Nate that damn near had me sold on the Tank though, that dude loves it and definitely made me almost think about going that route but I just don't have the best luck with that #7 style head on it. I might be the only one in the world too.

I don't hate the #7 but it's not my cup of tea. I'm really looking forward to my putter fitting on Tuesday. I mean I do kinda have a thing for them.

Sweet Jake. I think Nate is going to be deadly with the tank on the greens.

I don't hate the #7 but it's not my cup of tea. I'm really looking forward to my putter fitting on Tuesday. I mean I do kinda have a thing for them.

Wait you like putters?

It's gonna be a Versa #1 for me. I tried the Wide version, but it was just too heavy for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back