New shaft required

Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi I have a graphite design tour ad ysq st and I need more af a higher launching shaft with lower spin rate
Any suggestions
Thanks

Ad-Di series might be good for you if you are wanting to stay with Graphite Design shafts.

Matrix White Tie as well

Are there things about your current shaft you want to stock with? Have you hit others in the past you've liked?

Now it's a nice shaft but I feel like the height of the flight is costing me distance,
I think I'll keep it for links play but I'm open to any other shaft that can launch it higher.
Now I'm a big fan of the nv75 aldila, but I'd think it would flight it too low (I've only ever had it in my 3&5w, I bought one but the tip wouldn't come off so I sold it on for the ysq.
Both nv and the ysq feel perfect when hitting the golf balls so I don't want to lose that feel (I play stiff shaft, ~105 mph, quite a lot of spin and I hit down on the ball a fraction)
It feels, broady, I know when I've hit the sweet spot because you can sort of feel the lag, like the time of impact increases massively.
:D hope this helps

Edit: Hated the motore 60 that came with my supertri , to whipy, felt dull, and short distance (I can't remember on flight as it was a long time ago, think it was high and actually the flight I'm looking for ). Not a fan of diamana (had a fitting a while ago and have since changed my swing) and they felt harsh but my swing wasn't up to scratch so it might of been me.

Bump, come on guys, I need some answers.
:D

Ad-Di series might be good for you if you are wanting to stay with Graphite Design shafts.

Matrix White Tie as well

Ad-dj would be higher launching than di series. , which is actually lower launching than YSQ series.

Fubuki Tour would be a solid choice. Matrix white tie and Oban Purple as well.

Last edited:
Cant really give valuable advice without knowing a variety of different factors. Sounds like you are looking for high launch/low spin. I would consider:
GD Tour AD DI
Matrix White Tie
Oban Kiyoshi Purple

More 'feel' can sometimes be accomplished by shafts with a higher torque number (closer to 4.0). Perhaps a B. Asha 4s would tickle your fancy.

They're all on the deere side for me, is there a shaft which is less than $160 ?

Edit: I've been looking at the b.asha and I've seen nothing but good reviews from them so ill have to look on eBay for them (or here on thp :) )

Since you like the nv75 I was going to suggest the motore f3 70. Should be more stable feeling than the 60 you hated and get the ball up for you.

White tie or red board are great high launching shafts

I am not very experienced with shafts especially this type but maybe the pro launch blue would be worth looking in to

You won't find a higher launching shaft with lower spin - you can find plenty with similar characteristics though. My guess, based on what you stated regarding the NV, is that you should consider more loft but stay with the GD or the NV.

Hi I have a graphite design tour ad ysq st and I need more af a higher launching shaft with lower spin rate
Any suggestions
Thanks

Try A Fujikura Blur 005 Red. Those things launch it quite high, but actually are quite good at killing spin.

White tie

My local club builder says he sells and installs them for 100

The business name is ts golf in hazel green al. Yes he claimed it yesterday. He checking on a black tie for me.

Wanna see if he can get me a White Tie and ship it for $100 by chance?

Ill check. His number is 2568287555. Names terry
He had probably 20 in his shop yeaterday

Ok will do

Try A Fujikura Blur 005 Red. Those things launch it quite high, but actually are quite good at killing spin.

Tried one of these and it was too whippy and span too much

Now looking at b.asha
Ad Di 6
Red board
Fubuki

Is there any aldila shafts that are high launching low spinning ?

Just tappin away

Any more options ?

Any more options ?

Miyazaki Kusala White, high launch, low spin. I have gamed this shaft and it is definitely on the higher launching side but keeps spin down too. I believe this is the shaft that JB is playing in his new Classic XL driver.

Keep them coming guys, the more the better. I'm currently shopping for the ones given to me on here but things are looking Grimm, not a lot of shafts and all of them are costly and from America and shipping costs a bom.

Ill check. His number is 2568287555. Names terry
He had probably 20 in his shop yeaterday

Man I am so in for one of these too if possible.

Back