Waterparks, who likes them?

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Living near Wisconsin Dells which is the midwest capital for them is a luxury. Sure we may not have the Schlitterbahn but we do have Noahs Ark, Kalahari, Wilderness resort, Riverview, Mt Olympus, etc etc.

I absolutely love water parks & could spend all day just riding the tubes, hittinf the wave pools, flowriders, etc.

Went to Mt Olympus yesterday just to ride the go-karts & roller coasters but now am jonesing for a water park day. Might go back sat or sun as it's dirt cheap, $12 for an all day pass. Kalahari is the best indoor park around but is also kinda pricey, $34 a day or they have the evening pass for $25. Still a bargain compared to Chula Vista which wants $31.75 & their park sucks compared to the others.

Anyhoo, who else here is a wannabee fish?

I love the pool, and even the beach on occasion but I personally hate water parks. To me it's just one big germ fest. I also hate walking around on the dirty wet floors. I appreciate the concept behind water parks but they are just not for me.

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!

IMG_5398.jpg

I :love: water parks! Everything about them. Water rides, water slides, lazy rivers, they're all awesome. (Except wave pools. I get knocked over, and I don't :love: concussions as much. I fail to see the point in them.)

I love the pool, and even the beach on occasion but I personally hate water parks. To me it's just one big germ fest.

I always laugh at the kids who are spitting water in the lazy rivers, I want to tell them all "that's a lazy piss river, I know because I just pee'd in it":D

No, I don't like septic parks.....oh, I mean water parks.:bulgy-eyes:

Water parks are tons of fun. Big slides, wave pools all the good stuff (I especially like the scary slides that are steep and/or dark)

Barton Springs pool is pretty magical. - City of Austin - Parks and Recreation Department: Barton Springs

All that said though, I prefer swimming in a lake or river. Give me a rope swing, a cliff or a boat to jump off of, some good friends and cold drinks. Talk about a day of fun!

I grew up a "water baby". I waterskied, swam, fished, canoed, boated, waded, etc. I went to the public pool every summer day as a kid. I have a pool in the backyard now and I love to float around in it with my wife. I haven't been to a water park in a few years, but I really liked everything about them. I figure by now whatever you can catch from other people's germs, I have either already had or am immune to...

I've always been a water park fan. Noah's Ark is still my all-time favorite.

They are a lot of fun. Schlitterbahn is always a good time. How can you beat a water park that has free parking, lets you bring in your own food, water and soft drinks and has so many rides, slides and lazy rivers that you can't do them all in one day.

Give me a good pair of sunglasses and I'm all set at the water park. :wink: I haven't been to a water park for a long time. I did enjoy them growing up. The slides were nice but I also liked to float along on the river.

I have never been to a water park. They're not very big in CT. We just go to the beach.

I love them. As for germs, they're everywhere. I'm 2 hours from Cedar Point which has a very good one in addition to the best coaster park anywhere.

I used to love them when I was younger. I would go now but I cant talk any of my buddies into it.

I love them. I`m glad my kids are getting old enough to go now so I have an excuse to go!!!

Back