Usernames, Signature Pics and Avatars

That beauty in my avatar is a 'stock-photo' of one of my putters, a Wilson 8813. A lovely piece of chrome: The only thing I do not like about it is the blinding glare coming off it occasionally.

My username is me: I have attempted golf for about 8 years now. The first 4 years I was a casual golfer, playing a lot, having fun, practicing regularly, but not too worried about my game. At the start of my second 4 years I lost my golf-friends, due to corporate mergers. I decided that was a good time to fix up my swing, and I have been at it for 4 years, with very little results: There is a beautiful swing hidden in me now, but it doesn't join me at the course. If I were to video-tape my worst and best swings during any given round I would see flashes of Charles Barkley and Ben Hogan in the replay. Enough with the golf-swing already: In the next 4 years, I am going to build up 'Version 3', outwards from the hole, not inwards from the tee-box.

That beauty in my avatar In the next 4 years, I am going to build up 'Version 3', outwards from the hole, not inwards from the tee-box.

I'd like to hear more about this.

I'd like to hear more about this.
I am not sure how to interpret your quoted version of my post, but to be more clear on my part: The avatar is my putter. The username (v3.0, 'Version 3') is the golfer, i.e. me: I am trying to make a fresh start with my game.

I am not sure how to interpret your quoted version of my post

Oops, bad job on my part. I wanna hear about "outwards from the hole, not inwards from the tee-box."

Oops, bad job on my part. I wanna hear about "outwards from the hole, not inwards from the tee-box."
OK, I wasn't sure! I have you pegged as an equipment-fiend, so my first reaction was to think that you had been blinded by my gleaming avatar. :D

I will start a thread in answer to your question. Perhaps not today, but soon!

You know, I don't think I ever did this, so here goes nothing...

The username "dannyka" is a combo of my first name (Dan) and first letters of my last name (Ka...). It's also a play on Danny Kaye, and is pronounced that way. Some of you might be old enough to remember the versatile actor/singer/comedian. (I'll just add that I remember him from when I was a small boy...)

The avatar is a little longer story. Back when my kids were small, we'd read a book about a blue moose that wandered into a restaurant and ordered clam chowder. He liked it so much he became a waiter there and so on and so forth. Since my nickname in college was "Moose," it wasn't much of a stretch for me to become "Blue Moose." The picture was from a series of moose that various artists decorated for a fund raiser auction. This one just happened to be on my route to/from work, so I made sure to get some pictures of it and since then, I've used it for many of my online accounts. I don't know what became of that moose after it was sold.

My avatar simply reminds me of my heart surgery last march. Thinking about changing it though, not sure what to go with.

Glad you didn't have a Colonoscopy.

Good point. :)

My new avatar is in support of my Oklahoma State Cowboys who choked hard this week against Houston after we had an awesome game against Georgia last week. Sigh.....Have to stay a true fan through the ups and downs!

I got a new avatar today. In the spirit of football season. I'll show my true colors. If they keep playing the way they did on Sunday I'll be changing it again soon.

GO BROWNS!! WOOF WOOF!!

I got a new avatar today. In the spirit of football season. I'll show my true colors. If they keep playing the way they did on Sunday I'll be changing it again soon.

GO BROWNS!! WOOF WOOF!!

Bogey - I did the same thing - go PATS !!!!

GO BROWNS!! WOOF WOOF!!

What team is it for?

What team is it for?

This is a joke, right? Even I'm not THAT bad.

Spoiler
The Cleveland Browns.

Hmmm... maybe I'll change my avatar to my other hero, Mike Ditka.

It's a losing battle Claire - I have no clue about football.

What's not to love? Big athletic men in really really tight pants. My kind of game! Just don't ask me about the rules or anything.

since everyone else was changing their avatar I decided to change mine too. For now it's to support the school I graduated from, but I might change it to my dolphins. I knew this one would bother JB the most so it stays for now :devil:

Changed mine to the Colts logo, gotta show you guys who's going to win the Super Bowl this year! :D

since everyone else was changing their avatar I decided to change mine too. For now it's to support the school I graduated from, but I might change it to my dolphins. I knew this one would bother JB the most so it stays for now :devil:

I am a mod, I might have to change that to Smallies Jorts pic.

Back