Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

I detect sarcasm, isn't that exactly what those pictures are circling?

Everyone that has a backpack has been circled, even those that have backpacks After the explosion.

Do you not see how freaking ridiculous that is?

Let me ask our something if you plant a bomb, why would you stand in the blast area immediately before it blew up? Why wouldn't you get the hell out of there?

This thread has been ridiculous the last couple of pages.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I think you have to treat this as mostly raw data with some graphics provided for guidance and avoid the temptation to flatly accept easy conclusions.

I understand your point. However, note that there are photos of two people together, both holding backpacks/bags, and a sequence of photos showing them moving away from the bomb location and one of them not having a backpack at the point they are moving away. That still doesn't mean the two were involved but it is certainly worthy of discussion or, if you are a law enforcement type person, further investigation.

So 4chan is useful for something...

Speaking of images, I think that all of the images floating around on the internet right now are going to be a lot less important after 5 PM today.

Boston Globe story: http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...wo-suspects/eDuBdL4QhkcMVwhlrVBrcJ/story.html

2 major take-home points in that story:

Authorities have clear video images of two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings carrying black bags at the explosion sites and are planning to release the images today in an appeal for the public’s help in identifying the men, according to an official briefed on the case.

It was unclear why authorities did not publicize images of the unidentified suspects Wednesday. This afternoon, the FBI announced it will hold a press conference at 5 p.m. to update the public on the Boston Marathon terrorist attack.

I want to make sure this thread doesn't get too far off track. There are many theories on what happened, and not everyone is going to agree on what they believe is the truth, so let's not get worked up about anything. Instead, lets remember the bigger picture here, lives were lost, people were injured and our country suffered a major loss, so let's remember that before we get worked up about what we think caused this.
I couldn't agree more, this is a huge tragedy and our country suffered a huge lost it hadn't felt for quite some time!

And thanks to some of the wonderful media outlets (CNN). You are so good at creating mass garbage, all you do is stall real work being done.
You can throw the New York Post into this mix as they continue to put suspect after suspect into their trash of a paper trying to see what sticks. The guy in the blue jacket was a 16 year old kid that once he saw his picture being thrown around the papers and media went and turned himself in to clear his name.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/teen-boston-marathon-bomber/story?id=18990057#.UXA5DivEqJu

I know people are on edge to find who did this but these media outlets are more of the problem than solution.

You can throw the New York Post into this mix as they continue to put suspect after suspect into their trash of a paper trying to see what sticks. The guy in the blue jacket was a 16 year old kid that once he saw his picture being thrown around the papers and media went and turned himself in to clear his name.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/teen-boston-marathon-bomber/story?id=18990057#.UXA5DivEqJu

I know people are on edge to find who did this but these media outlets are more of the problem than solution.

Good on him for going to the police voluntarily to clear things up. Not only does it clear him from suspicion, but it frees up resources that may have been spent tracking him down.

This is precisely why I think that 4chan's so-called thinktank actions are irresponsible

It also slows down the investigation.

Thank god in the last example the kid turned himself in before some idiot tried some vigilante payback.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Getting ready to watch the presser

Correction to above post: images to be shown at the press conference. Videos also to be available on FBI.gov

Agreed. Unfortunately with our own expectation of media information becoming instantaneous, media outlets don't check their facts or sources in order to be the "first" outlet to report the story. It borders on reckless and irresponsible, and definitely has ventured into those areas.

The kid was extremely smart turning himself in to clear the air.

Hopefully the FBI releasing images of the suspects will cut down on the irresponsible reporting by the media..for now.

Same here, interesting way to break in a new couch.

Glad to see their time was right.

I worry about public justice and the wrong person, but this is a way to get them identified.

No truth to the rumor that Augusta just penalized FBI for slow play in presser.

No truth to the rumor that Augusta just penalized FBI for slow play in presser.

I heard it was improper placement of the pictures.

Well they released them now. They look young

Is that a Bridgestone hat the suspect is wearing?

Anyone else having trouble getting the FBI site to load?

This is crazy.

Could be this one?
b330seriescaps-800.jpg

Back