Secret Grip by Boccieri Review - Forum Testing

Grips are starting to become so darn expensive..

I went ahead and ordered 4 and put them on my PW, GW, SW and LW. I have the free secret grip w/installation offer printed out and will have that one put on my driver tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll post some thoughts after I get a chance to hit them.

got one put on my 7 iron today.

I went to Boccieri Golf a couple weeks ago and they honored the free secret grip promo since I live right down the street from them. I was so happy with it on my practice 6-iron that I went and bought one for my driver and it has been a pretty remarkable difference in just one short week. I've pretty much completely lost the dreaded pull off the tee and it keeps me locked in on my desired fade. I went from averaging hitting a little less half the fairways with my driver to about 60% over the four rounds since install. It's too early to tell if that standard will hold, but I'm optimistic.

The guys at Boccieri were so awesome they even tossed one of their prototype putter secret grips on my flatstick. Though it has taken some getting used to on the longer putts, the 5-15 foot range have really been dropping for me at an increased rate.

I'm a big fan of this little company down the street. I've tried their brand clubs before without much success, but their grips and customer service are fantastic.

I took advantage of the free grip offer and put one on my 7-iron. As soon as I'm cleared to play golf again, I'll give it a shot.

Wonder how many have stuck with these into a Regrip due to wear or added the to their next set of clubs?

I went ahead and ordered 4 and put them on my PW, GW, SW and LW. I have the free secret grip w/installation offer printed out and will have that one put on my driver tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll post some thoughts after I get a chance to hit them.

What are your thoughts on this grip? Looks like you have had them for a while.

Grips are starting to become so darn expensive..

Well to be fair these are the price they are because of the expense of materials used in them.

1. They are longer then standard grips which equals more materials used... hence more expense in building.

2. They have extra compounds infused into the rubber to make them heavier which equals more expense.

3. The weight being molded into the end equals more expense.

4. They are non tapered which equals more material used and once again more expense.

For the tech and amount of materials used I feel like they aren't a great "budget grip" but are in line with where anybody would probably have them priced.

Well to be fair these are the price they are because of the expense of materials used in them.

1. They are longer then standard grips which equals more materials used... hence more expense in building.

2. They have extra compounds infused into the rubber to make them heavier which equals more expense.

4. They are non tapered which equals more material used and once again more expense.

For the tech and amount of materials used I feel like they aren't a great "budget grip" but are in line with where anybody would probably have them priced.

After testing these on other clubs, did you put them on your I20's?

Secret Grip by Boccieri Review - Forum Testing

I've used one of these on my driver for the last few months and it's been fun, my driver swing feels nice and powerful, but I can't even tell the grip has a weight during the swing. Don't know if the grip is bigger or the guy out more tape, but the grip size fits my hands better than a standard grips. I really Haven't had as many
Timing issues or block issues as I expected either

After testing these on other clubs, did you put them on your I20's?

No I didn't. The only reason is because I have issues with my wrist and the Secret Grip does an awesome job of setting your wrist and helping to maintain more pressure (lag) against them. In the end I really wanted to keep using them because I thought they were great. However, I don't want to aggravate my wrist to the point that I can't play, period.

I've used one of these on my driver for the last few months and it's been fun, my driver swing feels nice and powerful, but I can't even tell the grip has a weight during the swing. Don't know if the grip is bigger or the guy out more tape, but the grip size fits my hands better than a standard grips. I really Haven't had as many
Timing issues or block issues as I expected either
That's awesome! Sounds like it is working better for your game dude. Would you consider these on other clubs?

That's awesome! Sounds like it is working better for your game dude. Would you consider these on other clubs?

If I could afford the $20 a club, I would but for now I will probably stay with the $5 white outs.

If I could afford the $20 a club, I would but for now I will probably stay with the $5 white outs.
I'm pretty sure I still have these grips. 3 of them. If you want them there yours. Ill just need to find them from our move. There in the basement somewhere. ( I think ) Let me know.

I'm pretty sure I still have these grips. 3 of them. If you want them there yours. Ill just need to find them from our move. There in the basement somewhere. ( I think ) Let me know.

dude, that would be amazing!!!! I appreciate the offer!

dude, that would be amazing!!!! I appreciate the offer!
The basement is still in a mess from our move but ill go dig around down there tonight and see if I can find them..

The basement is still in a mess from our move but ill go dig around down there tonight and see if I can find them..

alright man, thanks for the offer man, let me know

Well played...have the SG's on my driver and fairway now, and given the performance gains I've seen, I'll gladly pay the $17 each to regrip when necessary. Not sure how much farther into the bag I'll go, but still a great, game-changing product.

For those maybe interested,I'll go home and see if I can blow off the two I have installed with my compressor. Or, for a small fee, you can just have the whole dang club with Secret Grip installed. :clown:

For those maybe interested,I'll go home and see if I can blow off the two I have installed with my compressor. Or, for a small fee, you can just have the whole dang club with Secret Grip installed. :clown:

Wow what an offer TOAD, I would love to give these a shot!

Anybody in here recently converted and have seen any major differences between these and the more conventional grips out there. I'm really thinking about re-applying these to my wedges only. They just seemed to make the short game so easy it's like cheating.

Although having the weight integrated into the grip is aesthetically nice, counterbalancing has been around for a long time. For those of you who have finally tried and realized how good counterbalancing is, you can still use your favorite grips if you wanted to. There are actually certified fitters for just this OR you can buy kits that include the tool to modify your grip to accept a weight. There are numerous different weights available so individuals can customize the club to their own needs/wants. It's simple to do (<2 minutes to modify the grip) and makes a big difference! Plus when its time to replace your grips, the weight can be removed and put into your new grips. And no, I'm not advertising for or against any company, just pointing out options based on my experience (and my counterbalanced clubs).

Here are a couple pics, one without a weight, one with a weight...
IMG_2613_zps14b68cac.jpg

IMG_2614_zps03f668ae.jpg

Back