Too Good to be true????

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
www.supplygolfclubs.com I was sent this link. What do you guys think? Smells awfully fishy but I do like their prices. :bananadance:

If something sounds too good to be true - it usually is.

If something sounds too good to be true - it usually is.

That was our thoughts too. But sometimes you do run into a really good deal. You know "even the blind squirrel finds a nut".

Yes, but there is no such thing as a free lunch - Economics 101.

Yes, but there is no such thing as a free lunch - Economics 101.

unless someone pays for your lunch.... :act-up:

www.supplygolfclubs.com I was sent this link. What do you guys think? Smells awfully fishy but I do like their prices. :bananadance:
I would guess these are counterfeit clubs. There was a thread a little while ago on a similar online shop and IIRC the consensus was that at these prices, they are fakes.

You think that doesn't come with a price?

that's kind of a negative way to look at it. And no, it's not a completely realistic way of looking at it either before that arguement is made.. What ever happened to just plain kindness? :confused2:

I would guess these are counterfeit clubs. There was a thread a little while ago on a similar online shop and IIRC the consensus was that at these prices, they are fakes.

That's what I was kind of thinking also.

2.How to affirm product quality?
We can promise you that we take each step of quality contral to be exactly strict. From raw material purchase, product producing, finished clubs quality inspectation, to shipment for customers. We make sure all our effort to creat high quality both in products quality and service quality.

3.How to get the sample?
For samples, you can select freely the styles as well as the quantity you would like to order. We will 100% support the sample order which paves the way to a long term business between us.

4.How to confirm order?
After we discuss for your selected order, we’ll make Performa invoice including delivery information according to order quantity and requirement. Once you confirm our invoice, then the order is confirmed.

This is what really caught my eye.

That site is like a shady prostitute. Your computer will probably catch something, and tomorrow all your money will be gone.

I noticed these guys spammed a few messages onto the boards last night as well. Didn't look to see if the posts were still up or not.

I noticed these guys spammed a few messages onto the boards last night as well. Didn't look to see if the posts were still up or not.

I didn't receive it on here. Someone found it and sent it to me.

Call me parochial (or even xenophobic), but I prefer English language web sites written by someone who speaks it as his/her first language.

Why in the heck would it state this:

We can promise you that we take each step of quality contral to be exactly strict. From raw material purchase, product producing, finished clubs quality inspectation, to shipment for customers. We make sure all our effort to creat high quality both in products quality and service quality.

If they were buying their clubs from manufacturers? What in the heck would they have to do with raw material purchase or quality control? Fake, fake, FAKE!

Seems to me that they produce clones.

If you look closely at their wording, they're not saying that they are offering you a genuine golf club, but rather are presenting a manufacturer's tag line or "ad speak" and are then offering their expertise in producing a club of comparable quality.

This doesn't necessarily mean that everything they offer are clones. Since most golf clubs are manufactured in China, it is possible that this company owns the rights to a variety of molds used by major manufacturers from which they can create castings and then sell as comparable units.

This is not uncommon since many manufacturers contract with Chinese foundries for a stipulated number of units of a given design after which the foundry often retains the rights to the molds.

The tricky part here is to be able to separate the "real thing" (the real mold and manufacturing process) from a clone or knockoff designed to look just like "the real thing".

-JP

CONTACT US
Contact Person: Williams

Tel: 0086-138-6793-1904

0086=China=fakes.

Maybe this is the dead giveaway:

Contact us:

Add: NO. 57 Hardware & Machinery Industrial Zone, Wuyi, Jinhua, Zhejiang, China Zip:321200

huh.... got this reply :banghead:

" we can gurantee the quality.we offer free shipping to worldwide.As we
told you the shaft brand.There is no big difference at all. "

Call me parochial (or even xenophobic), but I prefer English language web sites written by someone who speaks it as his/her first language.

All they would have to do is hire someone in the US or Britain to design their website and you would have no idea who or where they are. They are being more honest this way in my opinion. I deal with Chinese vendors all the time and they are not all crooks. Far from it.

Back