Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Wednesdays because it's grocery shopping day. I go to four stores every Wednesday because they all have different things that I like. When my wife used to go she would go to one store and call it a day. The food wasn't very interesting but she was back in an hour. I'm gone 3 hours and it always rains....always. I hate Wednesdays but I love food. There, I feel much better.

I hate Wednesdays because it's grocery shopping day. I go to four stores every Wednesday because they all have different things that I like. When my wife used to go she would go to one store and call it a day. The food wasn't very interesting but she was back in an hour. I'm gone 3 hours and it always rains....always. I hate Wednesdays but I love food. There, I feel much better.

I hear you on that, Johneli. Same issue up here in Melbourne. Have to visit Publix for some items, but other things can only be found at either Walmart, Target, or Winn Dixie. I miss real grocery stores that carry everything like Cub Foods up in MN!

Why doesn't navy blue exist any more? This is the second year I can't find any. I need a pair of dress slacks and a pair of casual pants in navy blue, and it's simply not available in any line of clothing I'd consider buying.

I could buy: woodland green, pine cone, autumn harvest, graphite, magic (I think that's deep purple), black, any number of weird colors. But no simple navy blue. :banghead::banghead:

What if men's clothiers suddenly all agreed that for several years, no one would produce a navy blazer? That's what it seems like has happened on the women's side.

I'll be honest, it wouldn't bother me at all to lose the navy. But I'm not a big fan either. No navy suits or blazers in my formalwear.

Now, you take away black and we'll have an issue...

Last evening I was at my Grand Daughter's softball (10 & under) practice. I decided to walk over and see what was going on with the older (18 & under) girls. I use to coach the older girls in this same league, when my daughters played, and even won a few championships. Anyway the first thing I notice is this particular coach is man who likes to yell at his players, when they made errors. No getting with the girl and explaining what she did wrong, and how to correct the problem, just yelling to "make the play". At one point he yells at his team to pay attention, since he was going to hit balls at those players he felt were not paying attention. Well he found one, hit a pretty hard grounder to her. She was not ready, the ball came up, and caught her in the face. A bad facial cut, and missing teeth were the results. Before realizing how hurt the young lady was, their coach yelled that "this is what can happen when you don't pay attention".Yes she should have been paying attention, but this coach should have known better.

Parents if you have children in the various sports programs, be very careful of the coaches you have let take charge of them for a few hours. Some of these people not qualified. :angry:

I hear you on that, Johneli. Same issue up here in Melbourne. Have to visit Publix for some items, but other things can only be found at either Walmart, Target, or Winn Dixie. I miss real grocery stores that carry everything like Cub Foods up in MN!

At least your grocery stores carry booze....here in Pennsyltucky we still have separate liquor/beer/food stores. Instead of one stop shopping you have to run to 3 diff places which are never close to each other.

What are you complaining about - CT still has blue laws.

I'm playing in a charity tournament today and it's 53* and pouring. If the rain doesn't stop - I hope they postpone. I HATE playing golf in the rain.

Update - The tournament is canceled - there are puddles on the greens. Now I'm bummed because I wanted to play golf.

This evening is the first episode of the new season of House. I enjoy this show very much and this evening's episode was setting up to be a real corker. I set my DVR to record it so that I could watch it while skipping the commercials. So, I'm watching merrily and forwarding commercials and as I do I notice that the watched bit is catching up surprisingly quickly to the recorded bit. That is when I look at my DVR and spot that the little red light that indicates it is recording is no longer illuminated.

Ty-

Hulu will start streaming Season 6 episodes in a couple of days:
Hulu - House

Why doesn't navy blue exist any more? This is the second year I can't find any. I need a pair of dress slacks and a pair of casual pants in navy blue, and it's simply not available in any line of clothing I'd consider buying.

I could buy: woodland green, pine cone, autumn harvest, graphite, magic (I think that's deep purple), black, any number of weird colors. But no simple navy blue. :banghead::banghead:

What if men's clothiers suddenly all agreed that for several years, no one would produce a navy blazer? That's what it seems like has happened on the women's side.

Try JCrew, they always have Navy and it drives me insane that they don't always have black.

What are you complaining about - CT still has blue laws.

In college I was actually living "illegally" in a brothel by Mass Blue Laws. We had 6 women and one guy all living in a house, so he was our pimp!

In college I was actually living "illegally" in a brothel by Mass Blue Laws. We had 6 women and one guy all living in a house, so he was our pimp!

I always miss all the fun. :sad:

If I ever see an able-bodied golfer actually using one of these, I'm going to do something really, really mean to them and/or their clubs.

How farking lazy have we gotten?

[YOUTUBE]gaG_0bGf0Fo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gaG_0bGf0Fo[/YOUTUBE]
Hey, I guess it doubles as a butterfly net also. Im not a violent man but if you showed up to a scramble with that, I might have to kick your ass.
I think society as a whole is really in trouble Harry. Things like that and the Dog snuggie are sure signs that the end of the world is coming soon.
Spoiler
snuggie-for-dog.jpg

I think they should put one of those suction cups on the other end of the Scramble Scoop so you can pick balls out of the cup without exiting your cart as well. Might as well just drive up on the green and get em.

Hey, I guess it doubles as a butterfly net also. Im not a violent man but if you showed up to a scramble with that, I might have to kick your ass.

Exactly. Plus, you know some cheap-arse bastage is going to scoop up any ball he sees as he's driving along so he doesn't have to buy balls.

Spoiler
What they don't mention in that picture is the thought balloons coming from the dogs which are saying "I'm so going to take a **** on the rug for this."

We took our Grand Daughters out for picnic at a local (Clark County) park. When we get there we see the workers cleaning up the area. We take the only table that is not being used, but there is broken glass all over the patio area by the table. The county employee shows to clean our table area, which makes us happy. He takes his broom and just sweeps the broken glass off the patio, and onto the surrounding dirt area just off the patio. So I asked him if it would have not been better to sweep the glass up in a pile, pick it up, and throw it away? He tells me no, that he is only required to keep the patio area free of debris.:banghead: I shake my head, mumble a few nasties about government employees, and ask if I can use the rake/shovel off his truck. He says no problem. I cleaned the broken glass up my self.

We took our Grand Daughters out for picnic at a local (Clark County) park. When we get there we see the workers cleaning up the area. We take the only table that is not being used, but there is broken glass all over the patio area by the table. The county employee shows to clean our table area, which makes us happy. He takes his broom and just sweeps the broken glass off the patio, and onto the surrounding dirt area just off the patio. So I asked him if it would have not been better to sweep the glass up in a pile, pick it up, and throw it away? He tells me no, that he is only required to keep the patio area free of debris.:banghead: I shake my head, mumble a few nasties about government employees, and ask if I can use the rake/shovel off his truck. He says no problem. I cleaned the broken glass up my self.

Your tax dollars at work....

:zbulgy:

And these are the people we want to fix our health care system. :zbonk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back