Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 footer downhill putt to save par.

That must have felt great! Downhill putts scare the livin' daylights outa me!

I was lucky it went in; otherwise, it was going about 4 or 5 feet past. I was very happy when it slipped in the side door!

285 yd drive, 205 yd 5 wood pin high just left of green chip to 3 feet birdie putt. First round of the year, first day with new clubs good day.

I had 2 yesterday playing at Mar Hall. The first one was on the par 3 2nd which was playing about 220 back into a stiff wind. I hit a perfect 3W that finished about 15' away, missed the putt. The 2nd was my second shot on the par 5 15th, after a good drive I had about 240 left with the wind behind. Flushed a 3W that found the gree and ended up about 12' away. I then left the putt for eagle 3' short :banghead:, the greens were slow but I knew that by this point, but did make the birdie putt.

I had 2 yesterday playing at Mar Hall. The first one was on the par 3 2nd which was playing about 220 back into a stiff wind. I hit a perfect 3W that finished about 15' away, missed the putt. The 2nd was my second shot on the par 5 15th, after a good drive I had about 240 left with the wind behind. Flushed a 3W that found the gree and ended up about 12' away. I then left the putt for eagle 3' short :banghead:, the greens were slow but I knew that by this point, but did make the birdie putt.

I hate it when I leave an eagle putt short. At least you didn't three putt, which I have been known to do. Great birdie!

On 9 a par four. I hit my drive out of bounds and the from 156 stuck my 8 iron within a foot to save par.

ALT 6i from 162 on a par 3:

hary7a4u.jpg

I had a 50yd bunker shot over water to a front pin and the ball mark was right next to the cup. After one hop and some spin I had about 3 feet left. One of my two birdies today ?

Tapa Slice

So, you have been practicing your short game, and it paid off. Good for you.:clapp:

My best shot today was hitting the pin from 210 with my 3W. Now here's the kicker, the ball bounced off the pin, and wound up in a green side bunker. Settled for bogey on that hole.:banghead:
Better than in the water Like Tiger at the 13 Masters

Best Shot To This Day was on a Par 3 Over water. Pin was close to front of the green. Played from the Championship Tees stuck a 7 iron one hopped and stopped 4 inches shy of the hole. Was playing with my Pro that day (Match Play) He was about 25' away so he just conceded the hole. Ended up losing the match on the 18th hole, dumped my second shot into the water on a par 5. :banghead:

Topped a drive, hit the ground about 15 yards ahead of me, but somehow it spun up and flew out to about 250 yards. Never seen anything like it.

9 iron from 145yards to 5ft on 17th, made the birdy put too which ended up winning us the double's trophy :banana:

9 iron from 145yards to 5ft on 17th, made the birdy put too which ended up winning us the double's trophy :banana:

Congratulations! Good work.

Had to be the putt on #2 today. Par 5, I hit a nice drive 230 and 3w to 67 yards, but chipped onto the front of the green 36 feet short. Made the up hill curling putt for bird.

UW from about 120 on #1. Almost flew it in the hole. Ended up about 2 feet away. Great start to the round

Topped a drive, hit the ground about 15 yards ahead of me, but somehow it spun up and flew out to about 250 yards. Never seen anything like it.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

Tapa Slice

A couple shots come to mind. A 45 ft birdie putt on a par 3. A 8 iron from 152 to a foot or a 54* from 108 to a couple feet. All resulted in birdies.

No one shot really sticks out in my mind after today's round but I was shooting lights out with my short irons today. Between 120-150 out I just knew the ball was going to land not only on the green, but near the hole.

I had one of those days where dazzles of brilliance were quickly followed by flurries of crap hahaha.

The one that sticks out to me is on 14, there is trouble on the left and right of this fairway if you tee up with a driver but if you lay up you can't see the green. I hook the ball here EVERY time because the trouble on the left isn't as bad as the trouble on the right and I over compensate trying to favor the left side of the fairway.

Well I tee'd it up, put a nice swing on it and ended up 260 out dead center of the fairway with 70 to the green. SCORE, of course I'm going to hit my lob wedge 15 yards left of the green and come up short on my chip leaving me a 2 putt for bogey.

Just how my round went :banghead:

Piped a couple of really big drives today, but I think my favorite shot came out of a bunker on the 15th hole. I had been garbage out of the sand all day, having a couple of bunkers that took me two shots to escape. This one, though, was probably 15 yards from the ball to the pin left it about 4-feet and made the putt to save par. Felt like redemption after throwing up all over the other bunkers I was in.

You saying im not good?

Absolutely not. But by the description of the shot, I would say there was a tad but of luck involved

Tapa Slice

Two decent shots today. Shame about the other 90! Par 3 second, wide right and short, sitting down in heavy rough. 52 wedge 'dig out' ended up one inch from the hole.
On 17, absentmindedly rifled in 30 foot right to left breaker. (Would have sailed 10 foot past if the hole hadn't jumped in the way!)

Sunk a 30 footer for birdie on my nemesis hole. Paused on the lip for a second and then kerplunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back