Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

That's the type of service i've seen at my local golfsmith as well that's why I purchased my driver and fairway at edwin watts. Sorry to hear this nerf. Just in case you don't know edwin watts has better trade in values as they go by the mid grade pga value where everyone else goes by the low grade value and right now they are giving 50% extra trade in value and if you buy a driver you get 25% off the fairway. They gave me $102 for my old razr fit, $193 for my x hot pro, and $125 for my x hot pro fairway. Only cost me $62 out of my pocket for my amp cell driver and fairway. I would suggest going to edwin watts for more trade-in value and much better service.

Tapatalking from the bottom of the cup.
Too bad our only options by us are golf galaxy, dicks or on of the small local golf shops.

Great thoughts man! Love that the coach jumped on the band wagon too haha

It was funny cause on the first tee he was saying how he couldn't swing a driver with all that color. By the 12th hole he was so impressed by the results of this thing he was asking if I would trade him mine. lol

It was funny cause on the first tee he was saying how he couldn't swing a driver with all that color. By the 12th hole he was so impressed by the results of this thing he was asking if I would trade him mine. lol

That is priceless.

Too bad our only options by us are golf galaxy, dicks or on of the small local golf shops.

Seeing that i've worked at dicks sporting goods I know they will match prices and discounts. If you pull up the 25% off a fairway on their website dicks will match it. I know dicks also has the 50% extra trade-in value going as well and while their values aren't as high as edwin watts they are higher than golfsmith. Ex: x hot pro driver, golfsmith - $98, dicks - $118, edwin watts - $128 / these are the values before the extra 50%. Also if you go to dicks and buy a drink take the receipt and complete the online survey at the bottom of the receipt and you can print off a coupon for $10 off a $50 dollar purchase. If you can't find the edwin watts sales ad online let me know and i'll swing by the one next to my house and snap a pic of it and upload it to this thread so you can print it out.

I cant wait to read the story about how Captain DDec walked into a GG, shook a few hands, made a few smiles, smashed some skulls, then foxtroted his way out with a new Amp Cell for his lady. All without breaking a sweat or wiping his brow.

I cant wait to read the story about how Captain DDec walked into a GG, shook a few hands, made a few smiles, smashed some skulls, then foxtroted his way out with a new Amp Cell for his lady. All without breaking a sweat or wiping his brow.
That's our captain man!!!

My husband went in and kicked butt. New driver should be here in 7-10 days!!

But did he foxtrot on his way out? With his charm and wit, I am surprised they didnt throw in an Amp Cell hybrid or FW for the inconvenience. Life is Easy when you're Dean.

Glad he got it taken care of and you''re excited for your new club again. Now hit it past Dean every Friday.

What to you think? ;)

Bam!!! You like to beat around the bush, but I'll take it and run with it!

Great news that you got what you went for in the first place. Are you putting your NV55 in there or did you go with stock(SR or L)?

I definitely foxtrotted out of there. I even did a little merengue.

I definitely foxtrotted out of there. I even did a little merengue.
You will be again come July my friend!

That's a fast turn around! Congrats. Heck you may have yours before Dean :laughing:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Way to take care of business! I'm also excited to hear some reviews from a
lady. My wwife's gaming last years amp and absolutly loves it.

My Amp cell driver is in the shop getting a shaft replacement. Putting the fubuki tour 63s in it. Hoping for high, low spinning bombs.

3rd competition entered with the AMP Cell and first win under the belt :banana:

I went to a big demo day today that had all of the top companies there. I just got my J40 driver in, so I went there not looking to hit drivers at all, mainly went to hit irons. However, when I was down by the Cobra/Puma area, there was no one else hitting balls there at the time, so I asked to hit the driver since there had been some good buzz on here about it. One word describes the performance: shocking!

I started off by swinging the standard Amp Cell head at 9.5 degrees of loft. I normally play a 10.5 degree driver, but I just went with it. I was seeing a pretty strong ballflight with this club, and I really thought the stock Fuel shaft held up well during my transition which can be a little quick at times. The 2 reps that were there were pretty impressed like me with what we were seeing. After that, one of the reps told me to shift over a couple of stalls in order to get in front of the Trackman. Bonus! I had no idea they had a launch monitor there. He also set me up with an Amp Cell Pro head at 10.5 degrees of loft with the stock Kuro Kage shaft in stiff flex. I was hitting bombs with this club that were even better than the standard Amp Cell! My swing speed was in its normal range: 101-103 mph. When I've been on launch monitors in the past, getting anything about 150 mph in ball speed was pretty good for me. Well, with this club, I saw ball speeds as high as 156 mph! I had a couple of drives that carried 245 yards and rolled out past 270 yards, and that was with beat-up range balls! I'm assuming that I would pick up a little more ball speed with normal golf balls instead of range balls.

I'm going to have to hit this driver again in May at the THP Demo Day to make sure this wasn't a fluke, but I was REALLY impressed by it today. The face is hot, and both of the stock shafts pair really well with the heads.

Another great driving day with the Blue Bomber....

The stats say I only hit 7/14 fairways, but the funny thing is that I hit through 2 doglegs in the fairway that I normally don't have to worry about and I only had one bad drive, which was just a lack of concentration on my part, and the rest were in the 1st cut. I hit 3 more longest drives on specific holes also today.

I don't see this driver coming out of the bag anytime in the near future, that's for sure.

Between the swing changes and this new driver, I'm absolutely crushing the ball off the tee. Now if I could get the rest of my game to follow, I'll be happy.

I had a chance to talk to GG at the Ohio Invitational. I got her to spill the beans on some Cobra MC driver news. It looks like Cobra is doing everything they can to get us our first choice shafts. Plus, we should be hearing something before too long. From the look on her face it seemed as if we are going to be extremely excited. Now I.'m in the can't wait phase. Thanks GG :banghead:

See another great reason to attend these events. Pumping for info...

You cobra boys have got an outstanding driver on your hands. I have lusted after this club for quite a while. Looking forward to swinging a few at the outing.

You cobra boys have got an outstanding driver on your hands. I have lusted after this club for quite a while. Looking forward to swinging a few at the outing.

I can't wait to get this in the bag. I loved it both times I got to blast this on the range plus the 2 times on the monitor at GG

Glad to hear it and can't wait to read your thoughts Nerf.

I had a chance to talk to GG at the Ohio Invitational. I got her to spill the beans on some Cobra MC driver news. It looks like Cobra is doing everything they can to get us our first choice shafts. Plus, we should be hearing something before too long. From the look on her face it seemed as if we are going to be extremely excited. Now I.'m in the can't wait phase. Thanks GG :banghead:

See another great reason to attend these events. Pumping for info...

Um so holy crap this is awesome!!!! I am so so pumped right now!!

Another great driving day with the Blue Bomber....

The stats say I only hit 7/14 fairways, but the funny thing is that I hit through 2 doglegs in the fairway that I normally don't have to worry about and I only had one bad drive, which was just a lack of concentration on my part, and the rest were in the 1st cut. I hit 3 more longest drives on specific holes also today.

I don't see this driver coming out of the bag anytime in the near future, that's for sure.

Between the swing changes and this new driver, I'm absolutely crushing the ball off the tee. Now if I could get the rest of my game to follow, I'll be happy.

Love the fact that it is in your bag to stay my man. I am oozing with anticipation right now

Back