Pine Lakes (Hubbard, OH) Outing/SPi Instruction

tyno

War Eagle's friend
Reaction score
Handicap
kids
A few of you have had the pleasure of meeting or at least getting to know Chris Carfangia, whether in person or thru the forum.
Well Chris is first and foremost an outstanding guy, the head pro at Pine Lakes Golf Club in Hubbard, OH, and a Silver Certified SPi Instructor.

In my many discussions with Chris, he's frequently mentioned wanting to plan a get-together at his course. The benefit of this is that along with getting to play some golf with great THPer's, Chris would be willing to put on sort of an "SPi clinic" for all that attend. Whether you currently game a SeeMore or not (and Chris could definitely talk you into one) there's no doubt that you would benefit from some of Chris's fine putting instructions. He is super passionate about putting and extremely knowledgeable.

I know that I've already gathered some interest from a few THPers, so I wanted to get this thread up to try to gather some more.
I'm sure we can easily turn this thing into quite the gathering, maybe even a 2 day event.
There are plenty of places to stay and eat as this course is barely outside of Hubbard, OH...which is very close to a lot of even bigger surrounding areas.

So, with all that being said...Chris is currently working on some good date options for us and we can use this thread to discuss the possible get-together, throw around ideas, harass each other, and hopefully gather more interest from other THPers to hop on the bus to Pine Lakes.
Once Chris gets some dates organized, we can take a poll to see what will work out best for everybody.

Here's the link to the course: http://www.golfpinelakes.com/courses/

this spot reserved.

I am in. Chris is the bee's knees.

I may be depending on the timing of the event

I'm going tentative on this. Especially a 2 day event. I'll only be getting 8 hours a week at work with summer classes so the odds that I can afford that would be slim.

I will DEFINITELY do my best to make it however!

I may be depending on the timing of the event

your brother said he'd probably come, if that influences your decision in any way....

I'm going tentative on this. Especially a 2 day event. I'll only be getting 8 hours a week at work with summer classes so the odds that I can afford that would be slim.

I will DEFINITELY do my best to make it however!

i guess "event" is a poor word to use.
it's more like..."come if you can, either day, doesn't matter"
like most get-togethers, i just assumed there would be people that would "elect" to play two days (or more) as they like to do.

we definitely want you there DK.

your brother said he'd probably come, if that influences your decision in any way....

i guess "event" is a poor word to use.
it's more like..."come if you can, either day, doesn't matter"
like most get-togethers, i just assumed there would be people that would "elect" to play two days (or more) as they like to do.

we definitely want you there DK.

Gotcha! I definitely want to come. I'll see what I can do. Parents may be willing to help me out with it because they know how much summer classes are going to ruin my income.

lol not really j/k.

Will just depend on when it takes place, already have a pretty full schedule post newborn, but with my family up that way its easier to justify leaving town for a weekend

I think it will be fun. We could even get food at Pizza Works, which only has THE BEST STUFFED PIZZA EVER.

I am a go as long as the dates work out.

I might be able to make it depending on dates as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bumped for info...sounds like August could work out nicely. Will follow up with specifics when we figure everything out.

a8u8u3ud.jpg

4a8unava.jpg

Little preview of the potential awesomeness that this event could be.'

tyno and I got to hang out with Chris for two and a half hours today and the knowledge was flowing. Really learned a ton and just be looking at the course as well, the place looks in top form.

Details will be coming soon but it sounds like August will be the month.

Sounds great! Gonna try and make it. It looks like it will be great fun.

dcbrad and myself are visiting Chris this weekend.

going to see if we can get something setup, even if it just something small. #fingerscrossed

dcbrad and myself are visiting Chris this weekend.

going to see if we can get something setup, even if it just something small. #fingerscrossed

weird...my invite must have been lost in the mail

Are you in Cleveland? I thought you were going home on the weekends?!

havent been home since MC :(

but I am going home this weekend, got clubs to GET

oh and see my kids...and my wife...and my mother in law

havent been home since MC :(

but I am going home this weekend, got clubs to GET

oh and see my kids...and my wife...and my mother in law

Lol, well we'll be golfing at Pine Lakes! If you were around you could've joined in! Enjoy your time with your family!

I like the idea of Pine Lakes for the 12th of October. Bradley... TyNo... Butter up Chris for us. SPi + Pine Lakes needs to happen.

We will float that to him. I know he would be excited to do it if the dates work out.

Back