Android Phone Thread

due, I had a Thunderbolt back in the day and you might check out one of the extended batteries it will increase the thickness of the phone but if you don't care about that might work for you. I really miss the kickstand......

Good point, thicker wouldn't bug me too much. The kickstand rocks, I use that every day.

Good point, thicker wouldn't bug me too much. The kickstand rocks, I use that every day.

I know I used it everyday also. I would check out Amazon or the Bay for the battery should still have some. Good luck

Well I upgraded my phone the 4th & didnt have to change plans BUT I didnt have
unlimited data
tap'n from my big as Note2

unlimited data

Got it, are you saving money from changing plans? Verizon forces you to change plans if you take the subsidy on the phone.

unlimited data

I guess my plan is an old one they are trying to purge out of the system. The guy at my local Verizon said I could keep it until the next upgrade, so I've not upgraded, lol. I don't travel anymore, very often, and only use a fraction of the minutes I used to, so really need to get back in and scope the entire package out to see what the damage would be.

ps.. with the possible move in a few months I don't want a package anyway, just an idea of where things will go.

I have an old Thunderbolt, that does fine for me, and Liz has some cheap "Dumb" phone. The two together costs us $140 a month. That seem's high to me, but is it?

I have unlimited everything, which I don't need, but they keep telling me my price will actually go up if I change this old contract. I'm way past the contract and continue to get these messages about changing phones, but thinking about going down to a cheaper "Dumb" phone and less monthly cost.
We have T-Mobile. We both have unlimited minutes and text. I have 2.5 Gigs of the high speed data and she has 500 megs of the high speed data for $120 +taxes minus 11% (for belonging to Farm Bureau). I can go up to 5 gigs if I need to for another 10 bucks a month. I can also use all of my data as a wireless hot spot if I want to.

We have T-Mobile. We both have unlimited minutes and text. I have 2.5 Gigs of the high speed data and she has 500 megs of the high speed data for $120 +taxes minus 11% (for belonging to Farm Bureau). I can go up to 5 gigs if I need to for another 10 bucks a month. I can also use all of my data as a wireless hot spot if I want to.

Sounds great for two smart phones. I have no idea what my data is or anything about hotspots.

Sounds great for two smart phones. I have no idea what my data is or anything about hotspots.

You can go to Settings | Wireless and Network Settings. Then scroll down to "Tethering and Mobile Hot Spot" and turn it on. Then you can connect your laptop to your cell phone like you do a wireless router.

Some people will buy a dedicated wireless hot spot from their provider. With T-Mobile, it costs more than if you use your phone.

You can go to Settings | Wireless and Network Settings. Then scroll down to "Tethering and Mobile Hot Spot" and turn it on. Then you can connect your laptop to your cell phone like you do a wireless router.
Sounds cool, so I just went there to check it out. Switched it on and get this message to subscribe for that service, $30 a month, lol.

Sounds cool, so I just went there to check it out. Switched it on and get this message to subscribe for that service, $30 a month, lol.

T-Mobile sounds better to me all the time.

Wow I think mine is 10-15.

Mine's included, hehehe.

Of course if T-Mobile doesn't work where you are, it doesn't do a lot of good. For me, I have signal most of the time. And I have used Sprint/Nextel and Verizon phones and they are no better than what I have. I think they all have their good areas and bad areas.

Mine is free as well.

Mine's included, hehehe.

Of course if T-Mobile doesn't work where you are, it doesn't do a lot of good. For me, I have signal most of the time. And I have used Sprint/Nextel and Verizon phones and they are no better than what I have. I think they all have their good areas and bad areas.

I think Verizon nickle and dimes everything. Liz really wants a smart phone, but that would dip into my beer fund, so out of the question.

I think Verizon nickle and dimes everything. Liz really wants a smart phone, but that would dip into my beer fund, so out of the question.

Switch carriers! But with T-Mobile, you actually buy the phones from them now, which means no contracts and lower rates. We can still get free or discounted phones through other stores like Wal Mart, Best Buy or online, but then you have to commit for two years.

Mine's included, hehehe.

Im going to have to look into this, Tmobile has always treated me well and if I can get this for free ill take it!

Im going to have to look into this, Tmobile has always treated me well and if I can get this for free ill take it!

Don't think you'll get the S4 for free. But you can for $199 through other stores. It's full price if you get it through T-Mobile (500-some bucks).

Don't think you'll get the S4 for free. But you can for $199 through other stores. It's full price if you get it through T-Mobile (500-some bucks).

I was talking about the hotspot package! I have the GS3 and Im really trying to decide if I "need" the S4

I was talking about the hotspot package! I have the GS3 and Im really trying to decide if I "need" the S4

Ahh! Yeah, you should get it with no issues. I was talking to a CSR and got that info. It used to cost extra, but not anymore.

Osahar, I have read some great initial reviews from the One. Sounds like it is a very fast and also durable device. I am still learning toward the S4 but if Verizon somehow gets the One I will have a decision to make. How is the new version of Sense? It isnt my favorite skin but that was back in the Gingerbread days.

I never had one of the older HTC's, I'd been running a 1st gen Galaxy S till now. But I would call it less of a skin now than it used to be. The only love/hate item I can see about it is the BlinkFeed. I like it, since it delivers news items/articles/social media updates of my choosing on a regular updated basis.

I enjoyed my HTC One X while I had it. Build quality was great. If I was to ever rejoin the dark side, I would head straight for an HTC phone.

I never had one of the older HTC's, I'd been running a 1st gen Galaxy S till now. But I would call it less of a skin now than it used to be. The only love/hate item I can see about it is the BlinkFeed. I like it, since it delivers news items/articles/social media updates of my choosing on a regular updated basis.

Yeah I would not like that very much either. How about performance and battery life? What are you seeing so far? I am really intrigued.

Yeah I would not like that very much either. How about performance and battery life? What are you seeing so far? I am really intrigued.

Performance has been amazing. Everything is super smooth. No lag at all with anything I've used so far. Battery life has been really good. Where I'd normally be looking at a dead phone without a charger during the day, I haven't touched one since 7:30am EST today and still have 56% left right now.

And one very interesting thing I noticed today - when outside the office today and no wifi, I was picking up a 4G signal from somewhere. The closest Sprint 4G is Orlando (60 miles) on the WiMax. I'd read that the unlocked One's were able to pick up Tmobile and AT&T LTE, looks like mine is as well. Nice little bonus!

Back