Easiest 3Wood to hit

TLeishman34

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 16
I am new here so if this has already been talked about Im sorry and if this is in the wrong forum also sorry.

I am new to golf, about 8 months ago I picked it up. The last month or two I have been able to consistently shoot in between 95-100. When I first started I was shooting around 130.

My biggest problem is I have yet to find a 3W that i can hit well off the deck. I used to have a RBZ 3W and could never hit and now I have a Razr Fit 3W that I got for free with the driver and I cant hit that very well either. So any help with an easy 3W to hit for someone like me would awesome. Thanks

I always found the r11 very easy to hit off the deck. Same goes for the 910 and the Adams XTD.

Have you considered switching to a 15 or 16* hybrid? Easier to hit off the deck IMO.

You gotta go hit some. What one person can hit, someone else will have problems with. It's an individual thing, so go to a store and hit some.

One of the best fairway woods I've ever hit are the cheap $25 Northwesterns at Kmart. Price ain't everything.

I am personally a big fan of the Cleveland Mashie line from last year. I gamed the TF3 (14*) and loved it. Tee, fairway, rough, wherever, it flat out performed. They can be picked up for pretty cheap now days too. I will also tell you, this years RBZ Stage 2 line, is apparently a lot easier to hit than last years RBZ line. We just completed a testing and I know a few of the guys that participated in that, gamed or had experience with last years RBZ and all said that this years was far easier to hit from a variety of lies.

-910 series
-rbz series
-anything bridgestone
-nike sq machspeed

I will second the Mashie line of fairway wood....really easy to get in the air....and you could probably grab one really cheap right now. The Adams XTD was really easy to hit...I hit a Nike Covert the other day and it was pretty sweet too.

I should have added that I will be going to Martins golf store in Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks and plan on hitting every 3W they have there so any ones that yall can suggest would be great. And the Dicks near where I live wont let people hit clubs in their bay unless its for a fitting. The golf pro lets some older guys use it but always tries to fix everyones swing so it is annoying to try to hit some.

I should have added that I will be going to Martins golf store in Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks and plan on hitting every 3W they have there so any ones that yall can suggest would be great. And the Dicks near where I live wont let people hit clubs in their bay unless its for a fitting. The golf pro lets some older guys use it but always tries to fix everyones swing so it is annoying to try to hit some.

Then hit everything. Like I said before, just because someone can hit one well doesn't mean someone else will. Hit everything you can get your hands on. Low profile, high profile, everything.

People are going to tell you to try things THEY can hit well. Doesn't mean you will be able to.

I am new here so if this has already been talked about Im sorry and if this is in the wrong forum also sorry.

I am new to golf, about 8 months ago I picked it up. The last month or two I have been able to consistently shoot in between 95-100. When I first started I was shooting around 130.

My biggest problem is I have yet to find a 3W that i can hit well off the deck. I used to have a RBZ 3W and could never hit and now I have a Razr Fit 3W that I got for free with the driver and I cant hit that very well either. So any help with an easy 3W to hit for someone like me would awesome. Thanks

Pick up an Adams tight lies or a Callaway X hot. Something with a very shallow face.

What is your normal miss from the deck??

Pick up an Adams tight lies or a Callaway X hot. Something with a very shallow face.

What is your normal miss from the deck??

Normal miss is fat.

Then hit everything. Like I said before, just because someone can hit one well doesn't mean someone else will. Hit everything you can get your hands on. Low profile, high profile, everything.

People are going to tell you to try things THEY can hit well. Doesn't mean you will be able to.

Yeah that is the plan. Just really need to get a 3W I can hit because it is hindering my game on par 5s especially. Have to use a 5W then a wedge instead of a 3W and giving myself a chance to reach in 2.

I always found the r11 very easy to hit off the deck. Same goes for the 910 and the Adams XTD.

Have you considered switching to a 15 or 16* hybrid? Easier to hit off the deck IMO.

I plan on hitting some hybrids when I go down to south carolina in a couple weeks

Nice! Bridgestone J40, Adams XTD, 910h, and the new Cleveland classic are tops on my list. Hit them all!

Will do! I plan on staying in Martins all day until I leave there feeling comfortable with every club in the bag!

This is true. I find the Ping G20 to be extremely easy to hit off the tee and deck, which is why I own it. Your results may vary.

Normal miss is fat.

Sounds like you're too steep on your angle of attack. Rather than spend more on equipment, you should probably address a swing issue first...

Do you have a pro that can look at you?

Yeah that is the plan. Just really need to get a 3W I can hit because it is hindering my game on par 5s especially. Have to use a 5W then a wedge instead of a 3W and giving myself a chance to reach in 2.

Course management. There's nothing wrong with playing par 5s as three shot holes. That's the intention. You should ONLY be going for par 5s in two if conditions are ideal. There's no guarantee that if you were able to hit a 3 wood that you wouldn't have a wedge in your hand for your third shot anyway. Play smart and your scores will improve...

Will do! I plan on staying AT THE NEW GOLFSMITH OPENING THERE all day until I leave there feeling comfortable with every club in the bag!

I think you meant this, haha. Some good suggestions so far, but like you're planning to do, trying them all yourself is the only way to know. Once someone with some knowledge sees a few swings, the field of candidates can be cut in a third or less.

I think you meant this, haha. Some good suggestions so far, but like you're planning to do, trying them all yourself is the only way to know. Once someone with some knowledge sees a few swings, the field of candidates can be cut in a third or less.

haha. Martins is just the store we have always gone to. Got fitted for my driver last december. I am really hoping I can figure things out

Sounds like you're too steep on your angle of attack. Rather than spend more on equipment, you should probably address a swing issue first...

Do you have a pro that can look at you?

Yeah I have a pro that I got some lessons from but everytime I call to come see her to help me out she is always busy. So I am left to use youtube(Mark Crossfield) and golf digest as my teacher.

Fairway woods, in general, aren't the easiest to hit off the deck. Some will be easier than others but I've never found a huge difference between them all. When I was fitted to my 3 wood last year I hit EVERYTHING the store had. The Ping I20 is what I ended up with because it gave me the best numbers.

I have found that range time will improve your ability to hit FWs off the deck more than throwing money at new equipment.

Course management. There's nothing wrong with playing par 5s as three shot holes. That's the intention. You should ONLY be going for par 5s in two if conditions are ideal. There's no guarantee that if you were able to hit a 3 wood that you wouldn't have a wedge in your hand for your third shot anyway. Play smart and your scores will improve...

That is honestly what I would probably do anyways because I always tend to swing to hard when I am trying to hit it farther to reach the green. Playing smart is what I tend to do but those pro like shots are always fun when you can pull them off.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and tips. Trying to get more range time in, but with work it gets hard, and I dont have the best ranges where I live

have you tried the xhots? they are silly easy to hit off the deck. rbz 2 is nice too.

Cleveland Launcher FL.. you can pick 1 up so cheap and the icing on the cake is that this is the easiest 3 wood to hit ever.

have you tried the xhots? they are silly easy to hit off the deck. rbz 2 is nice too.

Not yet. Like I said earlier the Dicks near my house wont let me hit unless I set up a fitting. but plan on hitting both of those when I go down to SC

Back