Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JConn, dont sweat it dude.

I hear there is another Cleveland staffer that might hold the order up as well.

You need to make up your mind quickly....I am tired of waiting. :alien:

Apparently there are a few of us. It's a tough decision, so many great options!

I'm the opposite here Jeff. Take your time and get the order the way you want it. Take all week if you need to. Dean will be relying on you to carry him around for a round down in MB. And if he doesnt, I will. :alien:

My ponder, like others above me, is the MC putters.

NC vs Cleveland line.

The two I am looking at are the Gambler Straight and the Almost Belly T Frame. Here's my issue, the Gambler Straight is similar to putters I have rolled in the past, with a classic look to it and one that will offer me instant comfort over a putt. Having rolled it before, I really like that putter. However, the Almost Belly line is a putter I fell in love with last year. The added length and back weight is something that I really like in a putter, and the T-Frame just sets up well at address.

Thoughts?

I believe in erring on the side of what you know works over a period of time.

What do you do if you putt the same with everything for the most part? Haha

Having a difficult time ordering something I already own......even though I just did it with irons but that's another story as I don't hit other irons as well as these.

What do you do if you putt the same with everything for the most part? Haha

Having a difficult time ordering something I already own......even though I just did it with irons but that's another story as I don't hit other irons as well as these.

I didn't say it was always easy :D I get what you are saying though. For me, it was pretty easy since I knew the style I like and did well with. I just picked the version I thought was prettiest.

I just look back at the two decisions I made last year as an "experiment" and I would have gone back and changed them both.

You and me both War Eagle, but I'm between the Gambler Straight and the Gambler Royal.

I agree with Hawk on going with what you know works for you. Being a hypocrite, I'm most likely going with something in a style I've never used before. Blade putters fit my eye,but I don't putt real well with them, especially within 10 feet. This is part of why I'm looking to change it up and go with a mid-mallet that is face balanced.

I learned this on the driver, just going with what I know for everything else.

I didn't say it was always easy :D I get what you are saying though. For me, it was pretty easy since I knew the style I like and did well with. I just picked the version I thought was prettiest.

I just look back at the two decisions I made last year as an "experiment" and I would have gone back and changed them both.
That, right there, is quite helpful. Thanks.

I'm officially pondering all of the pondering I will be doing after Friday. I fully expect it to get crrrrraaaaaaaazy!

I learned this on the driver, just going with what I know for everything else.

I did the same thing with my iron shafts. Big mistake, but I was very lucky to have a set of pulls that I could fix it with.

No problem buddy. The putter is going to be the most important club in your bag at the MC. Gotta take that decision seriously imo!

My ponder, like others above me, is the MC putters.

NC vs Cleveland line.

The two I am looking at are the Gambler Straight and the Almost Belly T Frame. Here's my issue, the Gambler Straight is similar to putters I have rolled in the past, with a classic look to it and one that will offer me instant comfort over a putt. Having rolled it before, I really like that putter. However, the Almost Belly line is a putter I fell in love with last year. The added length and back weight is something that I really like in a putter, and the T-Frame just sets up well at address.

Thoughts?

Blind test them. Find a putt, line up to it, close your eyes. Have someone hand you one, hit the putt. Don't open your eyes, then have them hand you the next one. See which one feels better and maybe even which one you put a better stroke on and/or made?

Edit: Although with the length of the almost belly, that might not work out so well. Minor detail.

The Xhot Pro Demo Irons that Callaway sent me arrived on Saturday. I am planning on going to the range after I workout this afternoon and getting some feedback and thoughts on these things. I am already in ponder mode

Which ones did you get? Great customer service to say the least. The SOS call was made and Callaway HQ delivered. Hope they work out for you!

I did the same thing with my iron shafts. Big mistake, but I was very lucky to have a set of pulls that I could fix it with.

I don't remember. Did you go Stiff flex shaft and you wanted regular?

I don't remember. Did you go Stiff flex shaft and you wanted regular?

No, I internet golfer'd myself into a set of flighted Project X 5.5's. Problem was that I didn't have any long irons to utilize the flighting lol. I ended up going back to Tour R's.

You roll the ball very very well when you are rolling what you are comfortable with. I think the Gambler Straight is a great option, and its beautiful.

Blind test them. Find a putt, line up to it, close your eyes. Have someone hand you one, hit the putt. Don't open your eyes, then have them hand you the next one. See which one feels better and maybe even which one you put a better stroke on and/or made?

Edit: Although with the length of the almost belly, that might not work out so well. Minor detail.
One is 34" the other is 39 1/2", I will be able to tell.

No, I internet golfer'd myself into a set of flighted Project X 5.5's. Problem was that I didn't have any long irons to utilize the flighting lol. I ended up going back to Tour R's.

thanks buddy, I couldn't remember but I know we talked about it last year.

Does Golf Galaxy carry ferrules? I'm looking to go pick up some club building supplies (ferrules, epoxy, grip tape, solvent), and I was wondering if I would be able to find those things there or if I'd have to go to PGASS.

Does Golf Galaxy carry ferrules? I'm looking to go pick up some club building supplies (ferrules, epoxy, grip tape, solvent), and I was wondering if I would be able to find those things there or if I'd have to go to PGASS.

They should have them for you there. The one by me has some club making stuff.

THPing on Tapatalk

They should have them for you there. The one by me has some club making stuff.

THPing on Tapatalk

They didn't. Lame. Neither did PGASS.

Project X Black 6.0. Love the PX blue shaft. Wondering if this could be a good option for me. Doesn't hurt that they can be found relatively cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back