Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

More accurate for me, can go after it more if I want. Not sure on distance but I was over 300 quite a bit and even at 300 with slight mishits.

Interesting. Next time we play any chance I can use the xhot head?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Freddie is a long hitter and he said to Buck that there were plans to build a Wal Mart between their balls after we saw where they each were on a par 5 in the FW.

That's saying something.

I've played with Freddie too, and he's no Corey Pavin, but I've never seen anything like Buck and Golf4Life out on the New Course at Grand Cypress last year.

I've played with Freddie too, and he's no Corey Pavin, but I've never seen anything like Buck and Golf4Life out on the New Course at Grand Cypress last year.

You should see Buck and G4L hitting the Altitudes!

:)

Buck + RFE = absolutely ridiculous.

Easily the longest hitter I have ever played with and misses still generating 300 plus.

I feel very average when he's done with a tee box......crazy what he puts into his driver swing! Thor approved!

Another outing with the Xtreme and this club is quickly becoming money for me on the tee box. Today was a run from the office, to the car, and right out to the 1st tee box without any warmup. I hit a bit of a slice with my 1st tee drive but then after that went 5 of 6 in fairways on a tight course. I hit one (a bit downwind) that would have pushed for a Bomb Patch. Really figuring out what this driver can do and I like what I see thus far. So much confidence when I stand on the tee box with this in my hands. So much to be said for that feeling.

Another outing with the Xtreme and this club is quickly becoming money for me on the tee box. Today was a run from the office, to the car, and right out to the 1st tee box without any warmup. I hit a bit of a slice with my 1st tee drive but then after that went 5 of 6 in fairways on a tight course. I hit one (a bit downwind) that would have pushed for a Bomb Patch. Really figuring out what this driver can do and I like what I see thus far. So much confidence when I stand on the tee box with this in my hands. So much to be said for that feeling.

Still hitting it dead straight instead of a cut? Guessing that if you are that you have managed to adjust your alignment to not play for the cut anymore.

Still hitting it dead straight instead of a cut? Guessing that if you are that you have managed to adjust your alignment to not play for the cut anymore.
Think I've got it down Cookie. I'm getting a slight cut now as I tucked my right shoulder down a bit more on my set up. It has but all eliminated any sort of hook or draw so I'm back to playing that straight ball on the left side of the fairway or just a slight cut that gets back to more of the center of the fairway. Still working on it but the last few times out has been exactly what I want to see with my driver.

So pumped I got my uDesign driver yesterday! I called and they said it would be here June 6 so I asked them if they could get it here sooner before my birthday and less than 4 days later boom. Callaway customer service is second to none. This driver looks sick but ill let the pictures do the explaining. I might get a red and black shaftwrap though to cover up the yellow as it doesn't go well with red and white. Unfortunately I can't hit it until my birthday on the 27th. I can not say enough just WOW.

ny2u4yna.jpg
vepa5ude.jpg
nubydu4e.jpg
ny2etehu.jpg
ugy6epe9.jpg

Dude i'm glad you got it in time for your birthday. She looks stunning

i've gotten a few rounds in now with my Xtreme and i have to say i've come away very impressed i didn't think i'd find a driver anytime soon that would replace my SuperTri but both the XHot and the Xtreme would have done it this year. Callaway has quite a few home runs on their hands this year especially in the driver category. For me the Xtreme is longer than my Super Tri by a good 10 yards i'd say consistently my mishits are def farther and more online than any previous driver i've own. The thing for me with the Xtreme is how accurate it is last year there was a month where i could hit my driver exactly where i wanted it to go id pick a spot and thats exactly where my ball would go i am already seeing that semi consistently with the Xtreme its really impressive that i can be that accurate at all with a driver i've had for 7 rounds coming from a driver i've had for a few years. i love how this is a fairway finder for me i feel very confident off the tee already with this driver. the only complaint i have is i'd love to get a little more launch with my drives they are pretty low and i know i can get more distance with a higher launch and better trajectory. i have been trying to tee the ball a little higher which has helped. and i can still close the face if i need to but i've been hitting lasers with the face set to standard so i havn't wanted to mess with it just yet. plenty of time to tinker and see what works even better before July! but i really couldn't be happier with my Xtreme and i have to be honest with the way i have been bombing my XHOT before i was a little nervous that i wouldn't hit it as well as the XHOT but i think i actually hit it better maybe not as far by a little bit but much more accurate. i over drove a 340 yard green last week and put one to 3' on a 350 yard par 4 during a round. these shots aren't the norm for me but when you hit it perfect i have seen some serious distance. but i'd def averaging over 300 i'd say total. best thing for me is getting some roll i never got roll before this driver they always plugged. pretty awesome any way you look at it.

Nice Buck...this gives me warm and fuzzy feelings being a fellow Callaway and DOTCOM mate! Do you think the lower launch has anything to do with the shaft you selected?

Nice Buck...this gives me warm and fuzzy feelings being a fellow Callaway and DOTCOM mate! Do you think the lower launch has anything to do with the shaft you selected?

yes but with the options i had it was the only one that i think could handle my swing and be accurate. i'd love to throw my B Asha or another mid or higher launch shaft in it but i won't even think about that till after the Morgan Cup. my swing has a lot to do with it..... my fitter did tell me to start teeing the ball higher when i got fit cause my launch was low. i wanna get on the monitor and see what launch i am getting right now it was pretty low before like a 9 or 10. i have some options still so i'm not worried plus like i said i'm still killing it i just would like it to get higher.

yes but with the options i had it was the only one that i think could handle my swing and be accurate. i'd love to throw my B Asha or another mid or higher launch shaft in it but i won't even think about that till after the Morgan Cup. my swing has a lot to do with it..... my fitter did tell me to start teeing the ball higher when i got fit cause my launch was low. i wanna get on the monitor and see what launch i am getting right now it was pretty low before like a 9 or 10. i have some options still so i'm not worried plus like i said i'm still killing it i just would like it to get higher.

Yea, driving par 4's isn't such a bad problem to be having.....

Bad day with this club all around. I've been waiting for my B Asha for two weeks and it was messed up by the post office so it just showed up today, I put it on at the first tee box and that was one of two good drives I hit today. I have been having some MAJOR alignment issues which I think is making my problems even worst and the wind was brutal so its hard to take anything away from today. Unfortunately at some point the crown, towards the toe got knicked and is now messed up. I've never had a mark on the crown of my driver and now it is really bugging me.

Bad day with this club all around. I've been waiting for my B Asha for two weeks and it was messed up by the post office so it just showed up today, I put it on at the first tee box and that was one of two good drives I hit today. I have been having some MAJOR alignment issues which I think is making my problems even worst and the wind was brutal so its hard to take anything away from today. Unfortunately at some point the crown, towards the toe got knicked and is now messed up. I've never had a mark on the crown of my driver and now it is really bugging me.

thank god i didn't dummy mark it!

thank god i didn't dummy mark it!

I don't even think it is a dummy mark, to be honest. When I was rushing to swap the shaft it rolled out of the cart onto the cart path. I did not notice it at the time but I am pretty sure that is when it happened.

I don't even think it is a dummy mark, to be honest. When I was rushing to swap the shaft it rolled out of the cart onto the cart path. I did not notice it at the time but I am pretty sure that is when it happened.

always in a hurry! i'd be pissed if anything happened to mine i've taken extra special care of it. even wiping off all the balls at the range when i hit with it so it doesn't scratch the face.

always in a hurry! i'd be pissed if anything happened to mine i've taken extra special care of it. even wiping off all the balls at the range when i hit with it so it doesn't scratch the face.

Haha one of the lads was looking at me stupid the other night at the range. I was pulling out all the clean balls and putting them aside

I wish I could make this head sound like Buck and Wake, playing with you two kinda ruined it for me. So, now I just try to pretend it sounds the same when I hit the ball with my pansy swing speed.

I wish I could make this head sound like Buck and Wake, playing with you two kinda ruined it for me. So, now I just try to pretend it sounds the same when I hit the ball with my pansy swing speed.

i could make a recording and you could listen to it on your phone when you hit everytime. i do LOVE the sound the callaway drivers make one of my favorites to date. sounds so good.

i could make a recording and you could listen to it on your phone when you hit everytime. i do LOVE the sound the callaway drivers make one of my favorites to date. sounds so good.

I may need to, me trying to imitate the sound aloud after contact is going to draw gawkers.

Had a fun day the other day with this one, played it the first 18 then another head the second 18. It was six in one and a half dozen in the other, I feel like the RFE was longer, but more time will tell for sure.

Callaway has got all spectrums covered with their three drivers this year, brilliant move and even more brilliantly pulled off.

I may need to, me trying to imitate the sound aloud after contact is going to draw gawkers.

Had a fun day the other day with this one, played it the first 18 then another head the second 18. It was six in one and a half dozen in the other, I feel like the RFE was longer, but more time will tell for sure.

Callaway has got all spectrums covered with their three drivers this year, brilliant move and even more brilliantly pulled off.

what other head did you use?

what other head did you use?

XHP, swapped shafts before to hit them with the same shaft. XHP sounds better, but outside of that it was pretty neck and neck.

I get excited when JMan talks Xtreme driver with us all in here!

I get excited when JMan talks Xtreme driver with us all in here!

Haha, its the driver head I've lusted after the most this year, solely because of how well I got on with last years Fit and the fact that the XH that I gave to Hawk just spun too much. Its been on my mind for some time now, all about finding a good shaft now.

Back