what is the best driver you have come along/played?

975D loved it. Cleveland Classic 290 with a Rip Alpha 60x. Shouldn't have sold the Classic.

Cobra L4V, I have 2 of them and you'll have to pry them from my cold dead hands. LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The original Callaway Big Bertha in 1991 was the biggest leap forward since I was upgrading from persimmon. It's head was a whopping 190cc! I still have the head now with a Speeder 757 shaft and it is only about 12 yards shorter than my longest driver. It was very fun to own that first 6 months because almost no other golfers knew what it was.

Next to that my 2 favorites are my Bridgestone J33r 460 w/Diamana Blueboard X (super low spin combo) and my Cleveland Classic 290 w/ Kusala Black 61.

I'm still searching for the one to knock my Ping G15 / Serrano shaft out of the bag.

the best driver i've ever owned is my Bridgestone j33r, I love this thing, feel, sound and performance.

When I gamed the Titleist 975jvs that was one of the better drivers I hit.

Hiwever, today it has to be the Tmade R11S. I just love the thing and trust when I go after it that t won't balloon up to the right.

I Really wanted to love the R1 but I just couldn't hit it consistently.

The Cleveland Classic and SL290 have both been great drivers for me. I hit the new Yonex at the outing and WOW it was long.

Right now the Callaway XHOT with the Matrix shaft is hands down better than anything for me. The 910d2 was very straight for me for the most part but this hot is just looong.

Thus far, the Razr Fit TA has been my favorite. Incredibly consistent and once paired with the B Asha it was a beast. Loved that club

The J40 is no different. To be honest I am pretty good at judging a club by its looks on how it will perform. Not exactly but knowing how clubs are designed you can generally tell how they will feel and perform.

I was stunned at how hot the J40 face was.

the best driver i've ever owned is my Bridgestone j33r, I love this thing, feel, sound and performance.

For me it's the R7 TP and the R9 TP both with stock shafts. Just truly the most consistent drivers I have gamed.

There are other set ups I enjoy:

J40 with Miyazaki white
Amp Cell with Kai LI
Nike VRS with devotion 6
Xhot pro with Obsm Kiyoshi black

My current driver. It's a beast and easily best stick I have ever owned.

Although it wasn't as well received as the FW's, the original Tour Edge Exotics driver w/NV-65 shaft. But not just any of them. It took my buying three off of eBay to find one with a square face.

That club was incredibly accurate for me, I hit over 80% fairways through about 15 rounds. Leaps and bounds better than any other stretch.

Wound up cracking the shaft right here it inserts into the hosel while on a golf trip to Myrtle Beach. In a moment of sheer stupidity, I took Martin's up on their gracious offer to replace.

Yes, I replaced the magical clubhead too. Has to be what? 7 or 8 years since that club came out? I STILL regret it.

Really loving the 2012 9.5* Cleveland Classic 310 Tour Driver. The stock Miyazaki Kusala Black 61S shaft is fantastic! Great distance and control!

My favorite has been my Ping Anser 12* with Aldila RIP Phenom. It is the first driver I have ever been properly fit for and when the guy told me it was a 12* I about fell over. It has been very consistent for me and does not punish me for poor shots too much.

my current CCCXL has been the best driver i've ever hit. my FT-9 Tour w/ 73S whiteboard from a couple years back was probably the drive i could hit the most fairways dead center with, but it wasn't the longest. Stupid easy to hit, but the length+decent dispersion of the CCCXL has me sold :)

Really loving the 2012 9.5* Cleveland Classic 310 Tour Driver. The stock Miyazaki Kusala Black 61S shaft is fantastic! Great distance and control!

This is it for me too. I have the 61X and wont change for a while.

My current R11S. Never used to be able to find fairways consistently with the big dog until this club.

I have to go with my current driver. The Adams 9015D. I know it's an oldie, but it's still definitely a goodie. A month ago, I would have said it was a tossup between that and the old Cleveland HiBore XL Tour with the stock red shaft, but I recently broke the shaft on my 9015D and drug the the old XL Tour out of the attic and gamed it while I was waiting on a replacement shaft for my gamer. I found that while it was still very, very good, it was noticeably more demanding than my Adams, and not quite as long. I got my 9015D back, and it's back solidly in my bag. That's the longest driver I've ever hit. It looks gorgeous behind the ball, and has a beautiful sound when hit well. The factory Matrix shaft that came on it wasn't anything special, but an inexpensive Harrison Saga shaft brought out the beast in the 9015D.

I have to go with my current driver. The Adams 9015D. I know it's an oldie, but it's still definitely a goodie. A month ago, I would have said it was a tossup between that and the old Cleveland HiBore XL Tour with the stock red shaft, but I recently broke the shaft on my 9015D and drug the the old XL Tour out of the attic and gamed it while I was waiting on a replacement shaft for my gamer. I found that while it was still very, very good, it was noticeably more demanding than my Adams, and not quite as long. I got my 9015D back, and it's back solidly in my bag. That's the longest driver I've ever hit. It looks gorgeous behind the ball, and has a beautiful sound when hit well. The factory Matrix shaft that came on it wasn't anything special, but an inexpensive Harrison Saga shaft brought out the beast in the 9015D.

I found one of these at my local golf shop $25. My numbers with this driver beat every single new driver on the market. Hilarious

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Another shout for the Razr Fit Xtreme.

The head is excellent, and the Aldila shaft suites me down the ground. I know a lot of people have swapped the shaft for other options but for me the Aldila Trinity shaft is a great match to my swing.

Love my current Nike Vr pro Limited 10.5 with the stock stiff shaft. Nice setup with the smaller head
and superlong for me when hit in the center/low on the face.

Nike SQ Sumo. Long, straight and forgiving. I was a Nike hater until I tried this club.

R11S 12* with neutral asp, 12gram toe, 4 gram heel weights, Diamana Kai'Li 70 S at 44.5" with Winn Dritac Oversize playing at D 4.5 is bomber and produces a consistent smooth baby fade. Love this set up.

Ping G20!

Back