I clean mine after every round with soap and warm water. I clean the grips every 3rd round. I play 3-4 times a week.

I clean mine about once a month. I only play once sometimes twice a week so they aren't too bad. Seems I need to start cleaning them more from reading other posts.

I discovered the miracle of scrubbing bubbles yesterday.........magic.

Just cleaned my set plus a pair of Hogans. I wanted to polish them up a bit and used some Wenol and they came out great, even took off tee scuff marks etc.
http://www.autogeek.net/wenol1.html

Pretty much clean mine after every shot. At the very least make sure the grooves are clean. Quick wipe down if necessary. Full cleaning every month or so. I've found that full cleanings are pretty easy if you take the time to not let stuff build up.

After every shot. Most of my rounds are riding now and the carts at my club have a club/ball washer mounted on the back of the cart. Takes just a couple seconds to clean the clubhead after a shot. My GP Tour Wrap grips are easily cleaned with a damp towel before each shot and since I change my grips a couple times each season, they never need any more cleaning than that. If any off you want to bring life back to old grips, a little dishwashing detergent with a maroon Scotchbrite from your local paint store does wonders.

I try to clean my clubs after every use whether playing or at the range. I scrub the grips about every other cleaning. I use simple green to clean them with and my wife doesn't mind me using the kitchen sink.

She doesn't offer to clean them for you?

She should have time in between the cooking and ironing.

Regularly, but not obsessively.

I still usually only clean them before a round while waiting. Wet towel and a brush. Grips when needed.

I typically clean mine before a round. Warm water and a toothbrush to clean out the grooves, and warm water and a towel for the grips to retain some of the "tack".

Tap, tap, taparoo

I don't usually clean my clubs too often between range sessions/rounds during the summer months, however as soon as the weather turns I will bring my clubs indoors and ensure everything is dried off.

During the winter months my clubs come indoors after every round/range session for cleaning and drying.

Probably a proper clean once a month, unless I have been out a really wet course....

I wipe them off after each shot if they need it. Other than that, I don't really have the need to.

Have any of your tried Lamkin Grips GRIPES Wipes? There was a previous thread on here that had a review of them. Only great things were said. I want to know what you think of them, if you have ever used them. I had really good results with mine. 1 Wipe cleaned 6 clubs.

I have a club/ball cleaner mounted in my shop full of Windex. I use it to clean irons/wedges and balls after every round along with a old toothbrush. For hybrids, woods and driver, I just spray them with Windex and use the toothbrush. Been doing this for at least 30 years.

Same here Windex and hot water, let it soak lil bit, use tee to get in grooves if needed, then rinse in warm water and towel dry. Seems to work quite well.

Have any of your tried Lamkin Grips GRIPES Wipes? There was a previous thread on here that had a review of them. Only great things were said. I want to know what you think of them, if you have ever used them. I had really good results with mine. 1 Wipe cleaned 6 clubs.

I need to buy these my grips are gross. Great review here of them by some great THPers

They are the real deal, they clean grips but they will also clean the clubhead. They are tons easier than cleaning your clubs with soapy water or Windex, I highly recommend Gripes.

I love Gripes. It does wonders on grips. I found one wipe will cover all of my clubs. Love it.

Long over due. All 3 uses! Lol
a6ehezuv.jpg

I carry a club brush in my pocket and give the grooves or face a quick scrub after every shot on course. I'll do the whole clubheads in soapy water with a sponge 2-3 times a year. I want my clubs to last many years and I also like them to look shiny and well looked after. I shudder when I see my mate's clubs, every groove packed solid with grass and dirt. It just looks feral as well as obviously reducing spin.

Acetone takes off marks on woods. Also removes tape residue in one wipe.

Back