Help me with the cold

JTJIII

Reaction score
Handicap
tomorrow i am golfing in the morning at less than 10 degrees Celsius or aroung 40 Fahrenheit i need to keep warm while being able to swing frrely I was think like underarmour but what do you use

tomorrow i am golfing in the morning at less than 10 degrees Celsius or aroung 40 Fahrenheit i need to keep warm while being able to swing frrely I was think like underarmour but what do you use

I would wear loose tee-shirt under longsleeved COLLARED shirt with fleece pullover.

What ever you wear, you should walk, and not ride. Unless of course your cart is set up for cold weather.

I would definitely wear Under Armour or something like that. Then I usually wear cords, a lightweight silk sweater, with a wind vest over it. I wear a lightweight wind jacket over that with a small knit scarf, knit hat and Winter golf gloves. If the wind chill is colder, I may also layer a thin wind jacket between the sweater and vest.

What ever you wear, you should walk, and not ride. Unless of course your cart is set up for cold weather.

Definatly walk...after a few holes you'll be nice and toasty. Plus, I always play better when I walk (but maybe that's just me. )

Also it's good to have a windshirt/jacket type of thing. When you swing while wearing one, it doesn't make too much noise.

Thats not cold.

Wear a hat,its amazing how much of a difference that makes.

Lots of layers. Try and make them looser fitting as you get toward the outside. Wear the long underwear under you pants and then rain pants over that if you have them. The last thing you want is to have cold legs. Extra socks are good to have too.

My one big tip, if you have them, take a big pair of mittens. They will keep your hands warm between shots and are easier to take off and on in between shots.

I bought a nike dri fit that is skin tight then i'll wear a wife beater under it then my colored shirt

I bought a nike dri fit that is skin tight then i'll wear a wife beater under it then my colored shirt

Don't wear anything under the Dri-Fit, especially cotton. Tech fabrics like Dri-Fit are designed to wick moisture away from the skin so it can evaporate. Moisture = cold. Cotton = moisture. If you think you will be cold, then you need to layer over the Dri-Fit.

(I'm assuming when you say "skin tight" that you are talking about something like this:

269137_010_A
)

Wear a polo shirt over it.

Layering is definetly the way to go. Id go with a long sleeve shirt under a sweatshirt and a beanie to keep your head warm.
60% of your body heat escapes out of your head, so you want to wear some kind of a hat to prevent that heat from escaping.

I will be playing in similarly poor weather tomorrow: I will play in at least 2 layers: A tee-shirt and a long-sleeved polo-shirt. I will throw a fleece jacket over that, if needed, and a rain-jacket over that, if needed.

I wear one of these in addition to a long sleeve polo and a jacket or windvest.
images.jpg

How did that photo of my chest wearing the Nike dri-fit get in here? :act-up:

You def do not want to wear anyting under your dri-fit or UA clothing. I did that once and it was horrible. I wear UA next to my skin then layer it with a golf shirt and or vest and on top of that I wear an UA outter pull over. Never forget the hat. I would forget socks before my hat. This keeps me warm. I have not tried mittens but may do so this season. Other than that I am pretty good to go no matter the temp and if it warms up you just start to peel off the layers.

UnderArmor Cold Gear is the shiznit. I wore mine at a Chiefs-Pats game a few years ago and I was almost TOO warm!

These Titleist cart gloves are nice too. You can actually roll them up over your hands when you need your fingers out. These are for pretty golf weather though.
cartgloves.jpg

Back