yonk15

On the putting green
Reaction score
Handicap
So it is cold and rainy here but I have been looking foward to playing today all week long. I even came into the office early to get work done so I can knock off after lunch and go play. I have rain gear so that isn't a problem. I just can't decide if I should go walk in the rain for 3.5 hours or if I should stay in where isn't warm. I'm leaning on heading out....just wanted to get some other reaction. Are others dumb enough to play in the rain and drizzle?

Well, we don't see much rain out here. But, if I had made plans, and it was not 3.5 hour hard rain, I would still go, as long as there were no electrical storms associated with the wet weather. If it were an inconvenient light rain, I might consider taking a cart. I have played in some really bad weather in the past. When it it time to go play, not much can keep me off the course. There is something to be said about one's golfing ego if they were to play poorly, and could blame at least some of their poor play on the weather.:clapp:

Downpour in Cincinnati today. No golf.

Yeah, certaily no thunderstorms here... just a fall drizzle that isn't going to stop anytime soon. Yesterday it poured here all day long so the course will definatly be playing long.

I hate playing in the rain so I don't unless I have to. It sounds like you're waffling though.

Not playing in the rain today, but I do have to put up with 83 degree sunny weather, uughh. I don't know how I will get through it! :D

Not playing in the rain today, but I do have to put up with 83 degree sunny weather, uughh. I don't know how I will get through it! :D

LOL ditto, I hate desert weather.....:banana:

I really feel for you guy's... while I slosh around in muddy cold Nebraska today, lol

LOL ditto, I hate desert weather.....:banana:

Sorry you guys will miss the beer girls wet t-shirt contest. :blob:

We have beer, and wet tee shirts contest nightly out here in the desert. We hold these contests at night so as not to interfere with our day time golf........:D
Sorry you guys will miss the beer girls wet t-shirt contest. :blob:

Its supposed to rain here today to, but I'm goin out :) I too have been wiating all week long for this.

Go out n have fun, its only rain

We have beer, and wet tee shirts contest nightly out here in the desert. We hold these contests at night so as not to interfere with our day time golf........:D

LOL amen.....

rain???

Well my friends, it looks like it will all be for not. I ran home and had my rain gear out and ready to go. But I called the courses in my area and they are all closed today.... I guess the buckets of rain that fell yesterday does not make for a playable course. Well...it sucks.

Thanks for the replies though and best of luck with that wet t-shirt contest. :) I'll be thinking about you as we're standing in the rain watching the Friday night football game.

Yesterday I played in 45* temps with a 20 mph wind and a light rain. I didnt even have any rain gear and it wasnt really that bad. I was getting a little wet and cold towards the end of my round, but I still had fun.
I definetly need to invest in some rain gear though.

Back