Who is going to the US Open @ merion next week?

Just saw the us open champions getting together for the champions dinner. I have some very cool pics I'll post later.

Taps away

I had a blast today at Merion. So much fun. Unfortunately, I couldn't track down Hashtag Chad!

Whats the latest weather forecast for this week then?
Today looks good, thunder showers tomorrow and Possibly Friday. Saturday and Sunday looks awesome

Lee and I are working today at the main merchandise tent today 11 to 4. Stop by and say hi if your around

Just wanted to post a few pretty cool pics I took yesterday.

This was of the Champions dinner. All those legends in one place definitely got some goose bumps going

photo+3-112.JPG

Johnny and Arnie walking arm in arm:

photo+5-95.JPG

Trevino and company

photo+4-114.JPG

And who's in the corner by himself on his cell phone (against club rules)? No, not someone's kid; Rory of course.

photo+5-96.JPG

So I went this morning and have to say that it was truly amazing. Getting to be that close to workd class players that we usuallt only get to see on TV was surreal.
The course looked amazing. Like something they built specifically for professional players. It didn't seem like the average Joe could ever play there. Not that we can unless you have DEEP pockets but that's besides the point. The pavilions were so cool to walk around in. I've never been to a tour event so this was all new to me and to say I was in awe would be a seeious understatement.

We walked in and tried to get our bearings and figure out where we were and where we were trying to go. We crossed the 14th fairway and the first person I see is Darren Clarke, walking to his ball in the middle of the fairway. We didn't say anything to him but my brother had his SLR and snapped some good pics of him hitting his approach. I was star struck from that point on.

We did some walking around and hit the range, which was really cool to see. We watched DJ bomb drive after drive to the back of the range which one volunteer told us was 350 yards. Got to see Keegan Bradley and a few others. I think I caught a glimpse of Hashtag Chad but I'm not 100% sure.

From there we posted up on the green by No 2 and saw Sergio and Matteo. I was able to get Lucas Glover's autograph along with Hideki Matsuyama & Jay Don Blake. Tried to get DJ's but he wasn't having it. We walked to the back 9 after that and I was standing in between hokes 15 & 16 when Nick Watney and Bill Hass came through and signed the flag I bought. They were really cool guys too. Probably signed about 20 a piece in between the green and the tee.

The coolest thing was right before I left though. Streelman and Jerry Kelly were playing and when the roped off the crosswalk I saw Rick smith walk by and I called his name. He stopped dead and turned around. Gave me a serious head nod and said "hey, what's up". It was so cool. Nobody else even knew who he was.

I had an amazing time today and as cool as the real rounds might be I love the interaction yoy get with the practice rounds.

anedysys.jpg

Here is a pic of the flag, a hat I picked up and my ticket feom today.

I don't know who is gonna win. But it's gonna be whoever hits the most FIR's, I think. The course is looking extremely penalizing due to weather anywhere else other than in the fairway this week.

Last edited:
To the people working the merchandise tent, Will there still be cool stuff for me to buy when I get there Sunday?

Guys, dont forget we have a US Open thread with tons of talk all day through the tournament in the contests section.

Turns out they were sold out of almost everything by Sunday, but I did have a blast with my Dad and friends.

Skipper grabbed this pic off the TV of me and my Dad!

nbz8.jpg

Back