Discontinued Golf Balls

Sposey549

Golfaholic
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I have some of the worst luck with golf balls that I like always getting discontinued. I am looking for a new ball and have tried many this year with not a lot of luck. I have tried Bridgestone E7, E6, E5, B330RX, Nike 20XI, Callaway HX Hot Pro, Srixon Q-Star, Titleist DT Solo, Titleist NXT Tour S. With all these tested I only liked the 2 Titleist and they really didn't WOW me with distance. I have a swing speed around 85-90, ball speed around 130-135, launch around 14*, and back spin around 3100 to 3300. I like a soft feeling ball as I have played the Noodle+ Easy Distance and like the feel and distance but the are discontinued. Any suggestions?

I have some of the worst luck with golf balls that I like always getting discontinued. I am looking for a new ball and have tried many this year with not a lot of luck. I have tried Bridgestone E7, E6, E5, B330RX, Nike 20XI, Callaway HX Hot Pro, Srixon Q-Star, Titleist DT Solo, Titleist NXT Tour S. With all these tested I only liked the 2 Titleist and they really didn't WOW me with distance. I have a swing speed around 85-90, ball speed around 130-135, launch around 14*, and back spin around 3100 to 3300. I like a soft feeling ball as I have played the Noodle+ Easy Distance and like the feel and distance but the are discontinued. Any suggestions?
since your fave ball is always getting discontinued maybe think about stocking up next time you find one you love,also what exactly do you want from the ball besides a soft feel?budget a dozen?

Try lostgolfballs.com if you know which discontinued balls you are looking for. Or ebay. I used to love the Srixon Z-urs, but they got phased out.

Maybe give the Chrome+ a shot, or try a ball fitting. It is $20 well spent, IMO.

Price is not a big deal. I want a good feeling, distance, and control ball all in one. Has anyone tried the Bridgestone B330RXS balls and if so are they comparable to the Titleist NXT Tour S?

The e6 is comparable to what you are looking at. Both multipiece balls with surlyn cover. The B330 line brings in a urethane cover which will increase green side spin as well as cost.

Price is not a big deal. I want a good feeling, distance, and control ball all in one. Has anyone tried the Bridgestone B330RXS balls and if so are they comparable to the Titleist NXT Tour S?

What did you not like about the 330-RX? The -RX is more of a distance ball, where the -RXS is a spin ball. I love my -RX balls. If you get a chance, try the two side by side.

The past few years TopFlite has been making some really nice balls. I use to use noodles as well at one point. I then switched to the TopFlite D2+ feels and the gamers. I would suggest giving them a shot. The feels are very similar to the noodles in my opinion. Don't let the name or price fool you, they are really good golf balls.

The past few years TopFlite has been making some really nice balls. I use to use noodles as well at one point. I then switched to the TopFlite D2+ feels and the gamers. I would suggest giving them a shot. The feels are very similar to the noodles in my opinion. Don't let the name or price fool you, they are really good golf balls.

I believe the Top Flite balls were re-built this year after Dicks took over the brand. Might want to be careful about buying lots of the new ones thinking they are the same as the old ones.

Try the Wilson Duo.....

I would give the Wilson Duo a shot.

Definitely get some DUOs.

My father inlaw has played theose Noodle Easy Distance for the last few years. His swing probably tops out in the mid-80's and he benefits from the lower compression balls. I bought him a couple dozen of the Maxfli Revolution - Low Compression Balls. There are 3 in that series, the other two being a Distance & Spin. I bought them on a whim because they were 2 dozen for $20. He has had two of his best rounds in years the last two weekends. He's had a couple of birdies which are rare for him. He led our 4-some at the turn last Sunday while he's usually 5-7 shots back. He's out of shape and fades by the end of the round but he has played solidly thru 15 holes the last two weeks and really likes the balls. I'll likely pick him up some more for Father's Day if I make it to Dick's this weekend.

Back