Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I'm thinking about fiddling with the draw setting today. I haven't moved it yet, but I think I want to start tinkering.

I have it at 9.5D at the moment, but will drop it down to 8.5 at times.

The BAsha feels so good in this setup for me and think you will be pleasantly surprised. For me at least...I can go after it or smooth it out there and it does it's best to correct my issues. I say does it's best because at times nothing can provide that much help.

The Matrix; however, I haven't received the adapter yet, so I can't speak to this at the moment.

Which BAsha do you have? I am going to experiment with some different shafts now that I am more consistent with my driver. I really want to try the BAsha, RIP Phenom, Matrix HD and maybe a ProLaunch Blue.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Which BAsha do you have? I am going to experiment with some different shafts now that I am more consistent with my driver. I really want to try the BAsha, RIP Phenom, Matrix HD and maybe a ProLaunch Blue.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Looks like a few will be there for you to try. Add a BAsha 5X and a Matrix 7M3 X Black Tie (however, it will be an awesome pink color)

LtEvOtApPeD B4

The adapter for the Matrix should be here the end of this week.

LtEvOtApPeD B4

The Whiteboard D+ 72 has turned this club into a beast! I highly recommend it if you are looking to kill some spin. The Titleist 913 pulls on ebay might be the best kept secret in golf right now....everyone seems to think they are "made for Titleist" shafts like the 'ahina and kai'li were in the 910. They are the real deal $300 shafts, and you can pick them up on ebay for about $50 right now.

I'm thinking about fiddling with the draw setting today. I haven't moved it yet, but I think I want to start tinkering.
I haven't started tinkering either, but I'm darn close to matching the switch. I think a draw setting and moving from 9.5 to 10.5 would be a good switch or test for me!

I haven't started tinkering either, but I'm darn close to matching the switch. I think a draw setting and moving from 9.5 to 10.5 would be a good switch or test for me!

I'm thinking the same thing for me. That may be the first move I make this weekend while I tinker.

Love the ball flight at 10.5.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

some really good on course practice with this club tonight. For as long as I can remember I have always played a fade. I have always done my best to take the left side of the course out of play. Well recently there has been a change in philosophy for me that has me working to take the right side of the course out of play. It's different, and those who saw me in NE new I struggled with it. Well tonight I embraced it as much as I could. Aiming down the right side and seeing the ball start right and slide left, or if I pull it which is the new miss I am not dead. Really ended up having a good night with it. I had the course to myself so I hit anywhere from 2 to 4 shots off each tee. On a couple of holes I reached areas that I had not yet reached this year which was nice. Things are getting there, hopefully they continue.

I hit the amp cell pretty well today, and I switched it to an 8.5 loft and really liked it in the wind we were playing in today. This club really helps with my misses, and I can play my fade really well. I didn't really have a problem with it till I got a little to tipsy in the scramble I was playing in.

:D Just sayin'...

Oh yeah fellas. I'll be back in a few to talk Amp Cell goodness with y'all...... Just let me deal with this cashier first. ;)

Oh yeah fellas. I'll be back in a few to talk Amp Cell goodness with y'all...... Just let me deal with this cashier first. ;)

Don't forget to change your sig :smile-big:

Don't forget to change your sig :smile-big:

My signature is gonna look pretty pitiful right now. Nothing in the bag but wedges and a putter until next week... :eek:

Definitely won't be over-powering the course anytime soon.

I can loan ya a Medicus 5 iron to get ya by. Hehehe

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I can loan ya a Medicus 5 iron to get ya by. Hehehe

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Hah. My swing turns those things into a pretzel! But thanks.

You know what I just realized... These idiots ordered my driver with the regular Amp Cell Fuel shaft instead of the Kuro Kage!!! Gonna have to call first thing in the morning!
u6yganur.jpg

Last edited:
Well good day today with the Amp cell! Only had 3 missed fwys on 36 holes. Still on 9.5D. Take out par threes and that's 25/28 fwys. Starting to get pretty good distance back too. Nice med height 10-15 yard draw. 260 ish. My miss is a sky push right. If I remember to slow my back swing down and power through, I have good results. Not used to a draw so I'm adjusting nicely. Aiming middle right fwy just it case it goes straight which it has a few times today but worked out ok. More to come.

some really good on course practice with this club tonight. For as long as I can remember I have always played a fade. I have always done my best to take the left side of the course out of play. Well recently there has been a change in philosophy for me that has me working to take the right side of the course out of play. It's different, and those who saw me in NE new I struggled with it. Well tonight I embraced it as much as I could. Aiming down the right side and seeing the ball start right and slide left, or if I pull it which is the new miss I am not dead. Really ended up having a good night with it. I had the course to myself so I hit anywhere from 2 to 4 shots off each tee. On a couple of holes I reached areas that I had not yet reached this year which was nice. Things are getting there, hopefully they continue.

Nice to see it coming around man. Don't think anybody doubted it would happen. What do you have it set on right now? I'd love to get a consistent shot where I can take one side out of play... Might actually get some practice in if this confounded rain ever stops.

Well good day today with the Amp cell! Only had 3 missed fwys on 36 holes. Still on 9.5D. Take out par threes and that's 25/28 fwys. Starting to get pretty good distance back too. Nice med height 10-15 yard draw. 260 ish. My miss is a sky push right. If I remember to slow my back swing down and power through, I have good results. Not used to a draw so I'm adjusting nicely. Aiming middle right fwy just it case it goes straight which it has a few times today but worked out ok. More to come.

This is the setting I am going to play with this weekend. I haven't moved it yet from 9.5 but want to see what the D does. Do you feel like it has a major Draw bias BF or just slight?

I don't but that's just me

tapin from my big as note 2

Nice to see it coming around man. Don't think anybody doubted it would happen. What do you have it set on right now? I'd love to get a consistent shot where I can take one side out of play... Might actually get some practice in if this confounded rain ever stops.

Right now it's set at 9.5. It certainly was different aiming down the right side.

Sounds like folks are really getting dialed in with these. I'm in the middle of two weeks away at camp with a bunch of teenagers and am dying to get mine back on the course. I did get a chance to play tpc sawgrass yesterday but I've been dealing with some back issues that prevented me from taking anything close to a full swing.

Called the gentleman at Golf Galaxy to fix my order on my Amp Cell Pro. He sounded fairly disinterested in the fact that they had fudged my order.

The correct shaft had better be in there when I get my driver!

This is the setting I am going to play with this weekend. I haven't moved it yet from 9.5 but want to see what the D does. Do you feel like it has a major Draw bias BF or just slight?

I tried the D setting a couple of times and I wasn't seeing anything drastically different. The ball flight was higher but I did not see much more of a left to right or right to left different.

Back