Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Celtics & Clippers thing is absolutely fascinating. Dealing a head coach is not all that common, but also adding in a future hall of famer on his way down. Then throw in that they want to dump at least one more contract as well as get 2 expiring contracts in return along with talent & a first rounder. While the casual will look at it when (if) it happens and say the Celts got robbed, in reality they are getting a far better side of the deal if it goes down how it appears right now. However the Clips need Rivers and KG if they want a legit shot at signing CP to a deal.

Really interesting. A team could go from aging to rebuilt in less than 2 years.

What is also interesting about it is what few people are talking about, but is certain to happen: Paul Pierce is done as a Celtic. He has 1 year left on his deal, but it's a team option, and if they bring him back they would have to pay him $15 million next year. They can buy him out at $5 million, and it looks like that's what they are going to do. Seems like the Celtics are finally going to "blow it up"....I wish that they could get Bledsoe back in the deal with the Clippers, but he may clash with Rondo. I think that Deandre Jordan is horribly overrated and won't do much if he comes to Boston. All the Celtics get out of it is a bunch of financial flexibility, although it remains to be seen whether any notable free agent in the next few years would actually want to sign in Boston, as that has not been the case for years.

One silver lining: it would probably be a LOT easier for me to get Celtics tickets next year or the year after that if the team stinks. :)

What is also interesting about it is what few people are talking about, but is certain to happen: Paul Pierce is done as a Celtic. He has 1 year left on his deal, but it's a team option, and if they bring him back they would have to pay him $15 million next year. They can buy him out at $5 million, and it looks like that's what they are going to do. Seems like the Celtics are finally going to "blow it up"....I wish that they could get Bledsoe back in the deal with the Clippers, but he may clash with Rondo. I think that Deandre Jordan is horribly overrated and won't do much if he comes to Boston. All the Celtics get out of it is a bunch of financial flexibility, although it remains to be seen whether any notable free agent in the next few years would actually want to sign in Boston, as that has not been the case for years.

One silver lining: it would probably be a LOT easier for me to get Celtics tickets next year or the year after that if the team stinks. :)

It would be a very quick rebuilding. Heard from a friend up there today that Rondo deals are being explored again (thank goodness). Cant build a team around a guy like him, if you are going to blow it up, do it all in my opinion.

I think both Jordan and Griffin are horribly overrated. If Griffin spent half the time practicing as he did on Kia commercials he might actually be good.

Can any Lebron fan explain why the sockliner of his new shoe, the "Lebron X", says 2-Time Champion?

ku-xlarge.jpg

I don't think he gets it. Instead of "The Chosen One", maybe he should be "The Entitled One". HEYOH!

That's a prototype that they are going to release if the Heat win the series. It would be way funnier if they were already out though.

Can any Lebron fan explain why the sockliner of his new shoe, the "Lebron X", says 2-Time Champion?

ku-xlarge.jpg

I don't think he gets it. Instead of "The Chosen One", maybe he should be "The Entitled One". HEYOH!

Yup easy to explain

He got a copy of david sterns playoff script and this was a spoiler

That's a prototype that they are going to release if the Heat win the series. It would be way funnier if they were already out though.

Whoever leaked that picture, in that case, is a jackwagon

It would be a very quick rebuilding. Heard from a friend up there today that Rondo deals are being explored again (thank goodness). Cant build a team around a guy like him, if you are going to blow it up, do it all in my opinion.

Apparently the Clippers-Celtics deal is now dead per Adrian Wojnarowski, who has his finger on the pulse of the NBA better than any other writer IMO. Rondo trade talk is a summer ritual up here, but his value has never been lower because he tore his ACL.

Apparently the Clippers-Celtics deal is now dead per Adrian Wojnarowski, who has his finger on the pulse of the NBA better than any other writer IMO. Rondo trade talk is a summer ritual up here, but his value has never been lower because he tore his ACL.

Heard the same thing. Rumor has it there are two other teams that want Doc. We will see where it ends up, but I still think the Clips deal comes back around in mix at the very least.

Heard the same thing. Rumor has it there are two other teams that want Doc. We will see where it ends up, but I still think the Clips deal comes back around in mix at the very least.

I agree. When it falls through with other teams the celtics will go back to clippers and agree on whatever deal was. Just trying to find best deal

I'm pretty sure the Nets inquiring about Doc before they hired Jason Kidd. The big issue is that Doc has 3 more years left on his contract here, and the Celtics aren't going to let him go to another team without some significant compensation.

Yuck enough celtics talk...lets go spurs

I'm pretty sure the Nets inquiring about Doc before they hired Jason Kidd. The big issue is that Doc has 3 more years left on his contract here, and the Celtics aren't going to let him go to another team without some significant compensation.

Not just 3 more years, but 3 more years at 7 mill per I believe.

Yuck enough celtics talk...lets go spurs

Thats what I'm talking about! Trading a coach!? That hasn't happened since I think Herm, and how did that go?

edit: Ozzie was "traded" in 2011 to the marlins.

Last edited:
Excited about the game tonight. Hope the Heat bring it tonight.

Lets get it on! Go Spurs!

Im just hoping for a good game. My prediction a few pages ago is that the Heat handle business rather easily tonight and attack early.

Im just hoping for a good game. My prediction a few pages ago is that the Heat handle business rather easily tonight and attack early.

Hope it's as spot on as your Game 7 prediction against Indy was :D.

With so many NBA fans here now, I think next year we have to do an official THP Fantasy Basketball league. There will be some twists, but it will be a lot of fun like the NFL leagues.

With so many NBA fans here now, I think next year we have to do an official THP Fantasy Basketball league. There will be some twists, but it will be a lot of fun like the NFL leagues.

Dam tried for two years with no takers hopefully with it bring THP ran it'll be a good turn out

Dam tried for two years with no takers hopefully with it bring THP ran it'll be a good turn out

No question we will fill up a league.

I did my first this year and won it and got burned on the money.

Just sayin I'm ready for some revenge

I did my first this year and won it and got burned on the money.

Just sayin I'm ready for some revenge

Dang that sucks you got burned JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back