Big Break Mexico (Spoilers)

Jason should have been going home....one bad shot ended up costing Lindsey.....Mathew and Emily were the only ones really deserving to stay on the other team.

You could feel the pressure last night. This show has some great drama. Amazing how the one guy blew the challenge, but then dominated when facing elimination.

Jason's arrogance and attitude is what turns him off to most people. I thought he played ok, better than Lindsey in my opinion. That drive on the par 5 was pretty good, his second shot was OK he was playing it smart and knew he had to beat Lindsey, however it all fell apart on that third shot onward.

All those complaining about Jason shouldn't be too worried...I'm sure he'll be gone in the next couple of episodes lol.

Two people I can't stand on the show, one is gone the other is not but hopefully will be soon.

I don't really like the team setup, because it ended in some good players going home.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Really really looking forward to the show getting the contestants back to singles (hopefully in the near future).

Not a big fan of having the entire team's fate sort of ride on one player to get the X.

It must be crazy being on the show, hitting one shot, and then sitting for the rest of the day. It would drive me nuts to get all primed up to play, and then be relegated to the range for the day.

It must be crazy being on the show, hitting one shot, and then sitting for the rest of the day. It would drive me nuts to get all primed up to play, and then be relegated to the range for the day.

This is why I think everyone talking about how these contestants have "no skills" or aren't up to par are short-sighted. It's also why I don't really like the show for anything more than entertainment - there's enormous chance involved.

Doing some warmup on the range, then finding out exactly what shot you have to hit and having one swing is difficult for anyone - and a poor indicator of actual skill.

Seeing Lindsey go this early is unfortunate. I almost wish they would keep these little competitions and reward points for where they finish up to the finale which is 18 holes of stroke play. If they were down x amount of points then they may be down 5 strokes (or whatever) for the finale. That'd give everyone a chance, pending they didn't choke on every competition, at would be a nice dramatic ending for the show.

Seeing Lindsey go this early is unfortunate. I almost wish they would keep these little competitions and reward points for where they finish up to the finale which is 18 holes of stroke play. If they were down x amount of points then they may be down 5 strokes (or whatever) for the finale. That'd give everyone a chance, pending they didn't choke on every competition, at would be a nice dramatic ending for the show.

I seem to recall that in recent seasons, that Big Break has had opportunities for contestants that were kicked off early to get back on the show later, and play their way in. Let's see how it plays out.

Or maybe that was Top Chef.

I seem to recall that in recent seasons, that Big Break has had opportunities for contestants that were kicked off early to get back on the show later, and play their way in. Let's see how it plays out.

Or maybe that was Top Chef.

They usually gave them a chance to win some extra money and be seen on TV again, but never fully back on for a run at the exemption.

Brent is far and away the best on the show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I don't remember what season it was, but there was one time when a player was allowed to come back and if he won against the three other guys, he was back on the show and in the running. The way the competition was set up, the odds were against him, but he had a shot. Needless to say, he didn't make it back on the show. One of the things that I thought would be cool if they could do would be to get a tour pro to come on the show and compete as well. If you beat the pro, then you got some sort of bonus. I know they've done this as well on single episodes, but I think it would be better to do on every show every week. I would be interested to see how a tour level pro would perform on some of these challenges and only having one shot to do it in like the contestants.

I don't remember what season it was, but there was one time when a player was allowed to come back and if he won against the three other guys, he was back on the show and in the running. The way the competition was set up, the odds were against him, but he had a shot. Needless to say, he didn't make it back on the show. One of the things that I thought would be cool if they could do would be to get a tour pro to come on the show and compete as well. If you beat the pro, then you got some sort of bonus. I know they've done this as well on single episodes, but I think it would be better to do on every show every week. I would be interested to see how a tour level pro would perform on some of these challenges and only having one shot to do it in like the contestants.

I think that was that whiny Don Atello, that was the one Tommy Two Gloves won. Not 100% on that.

I think that was that whiny Don Atello, that was the one Tommy Two Gloves won. Not 100% on that.

Ol' Double D did come back, but in a later series of the show. He didn't last long if I recall. Curiosity got the best of me and I looked it up. It was Petey in Big Break Indian Wells. He came back in Episode 5 I think. Episode 6 was 7 against 1 where he had to play 7 matches, one against each of them. He was still on in Episode 7, but that was the one where he got elimated back off I believe. I just skimmed the episodes. That was the only time that they allowed elimated players the opportunity to come back on the show with a shot of winning it all. Last season, they had the step ladder challenge with eliminated players, but that person was only going to play one challenge with like a chance at winning $10K or something. THey weren't going to be back on the show till the end though.

Getting settled into the couch for tonight. Got last week's episode on now. Lets go Brent and Taylor!

Jason is the slowest player EVER!

Here we go!

I really have to meet you face-to-face man, you're my idol :bashful:

Haha well thanks! We'll get a round in here at Terry Hills soon enough!!

That Jason guy is awesome.

Man, really hoping Jason goes home soon. Not a fan of his game, or of his fashion sense. White hat, blue shirt, yellow/greenish pants? Come on ! You are on TV, get some style and also lose the flat brim hat.

My girl!!!

And she buries the birdie putt! Game and looks she's a double threat!

Back