Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best shot today was after one of the worst drives of the day. I was on a parallel fairway about 170 from the green with a line of trees between the fairways. I had an opening a ways out that I could fade the ball in towards the green if I played it right and worst case if I actually hit it straight would put me just to the right of the green. I pick up a 7 iron and just hit it as perfect as could be, it faded right around the last tree and right up on the green. Apparently I liked it so well, the next two holes I put my tee shots onto that same fairway (one time I was actually playing the hole at least).

Last hole of the day for me today. Par 4, 290 meters (just under 320 yards). Narrow hole with a small green (maybe 15 yards wide and deep). Tee shot went just past the green.

su9yrapu.jpg

I got up and down for the birdie.

I hit a few bombs today. The course was dry, and I got a little extra roll. I also think the ball carries a little farther here. I hit a few 300 meter drives (about 330 yards) with a borrowed R588 driver. It's funny - that driver feels much more solid at impact than the R1 or any R11 series driver. Not sure why TM went away from it.

Hit a perfect 4h after a good tee shot on a 510 yard par 5, it hit some leaves but kept the line, straight at the flag and ended up 20-30 feet away, on the green

Of course I then proceeded to 3 putt for par

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Heck of a 4i, Canadan!

Also, MBurnham, nice birdie. I hate long par 3's.

A 64* from 60ish yards to 30" was my highlight. other than that, keeping my driver in play minus one hole was a highlight. i think we are becoming friends again.

Played for my club on Sunday as part of the 4 Ball Better Ball pairings.

Very up and down round in general, some decent drives and irons throughout the round, but I also had some absolutely mares as well.

Saved the best for last though - Having just squared the match on the 17th green we stood on the tee at 18 all square. We each hit drives down the fairway and mine was OK but faded out on the breeze and ended up in the rough about 185 yards out. I opted to lay up rather than risk losing the ball in the pond that sits next to the 18th green and left myself with a 126 yard shot onto the green.

With people from both teams and a wedding party that was going on at the same time stood around the 18th green (we were the final group out), I proceed to nail a wedge to within about 8 feet which drew a round of applause from the small crowd - loool :alien:

One of our opponents managed to knock in a long 20 odd foot putt for a 5 so it was down to me from 8 feet to win the match.... Was so pleased to see the ball roll straight and true and drop nicely into the back of the cup again to a round of applause :)

Hahahahahah - Move over Justin Rose, your not the only one who can take the pressure ;)

I had quite a few shots I'm proud of today.
On my last nine I was playing alone and played through 3 groups.

1st one was a 130 yard par 3. I hit it perfect and left 10 feet. Birdie can up one roll short.

2nd group I hit a drive straight down the gut.

3rd time was another par 3 and can up just short of the green with a front pin position.

I liked the little extra pressure. I'm sure it's nothing like I will feel in July but a good start.

The more shots you remember, the better your round tends to be. Nice!

chipped in twice yesterday for birdie .

214 yard par 3. Hard 4h, or easy 3h. Went 3h and hit green in line with flag. Rolled of the back, but 214 yards and on target is a good shot for me.

Last edited:
First full round and was sitting about 120 yards out from the pin on the number 8 par 5. Took a nice and easy swing with the PW and dropped it within 3 inches of the pin and the divot was about 6 inches away. Too bad the tap in was to save a double bogey.

After putting up a good score on the front, I bogeyed the 10th, before putting the ball in the trees on the 11th. I had to chip out sideways, and was left with 145 to the center with the pin in back, I'm guessing a little over 150. . I was showing signs of the wheels falling off a bit, and needed to give myself a chance at a par putt. I was between a 9 and a PW, but decided to go after a PW, and see what I could do. I hit a HIGH PW, and stuck it inside a foot for a tap in par. It was a HUGE moment in the round, I think I probably would have gone over 45 on the back if I didn't save that par. I still didn't hit the ball as well on the back, and ended up with a 42 for an 82, but I think that PW was a round saver.

995665_616823838328380_1569070934_n.jpg

Third hole par three missed my hole in one by about a foot. I'll take a tap in birdie anytime though.

After slicing a ball into the next time zone 1.5 fairways over on a short par 4 I was left with 205 to the pin with short and tall trees blocking my view completely. Tall trees were first and then the shorter trees were closer to the green. Luckily I had a good lie.
I pulled my beloved J40 4 hybo and executed a beauty of a punch shot that went under the first set of trees/branches and then rose up into the sky to clear the 2nd set of trees. Landed like a butterfly wearing Nike's about 3 yards shy of the green and I chipped in to make birdie. What a relief!

Short left on the downhill/sidehill slope from the fairway, I had to get my 58* under the ball in the rough flop style and land it about 15 feet away, to roll down the hill to the pin. a chunk puts it in the bunker, a skull puts it in the water.

like a charm, great flop, lands soft, and rolls out to about two feet. Welcome to the #Rotex life Canadan.

35 ft bomb on the 18th hole for Par. Double Breaker back up the hill, need to have perfect speed. It was a little hard, but it went right to the bottom. That felt SOOOO good.

Tried to layup to the 150 yard stake from 205 yards. Bounced over the top of it to just a couple yards away.

Best shot of the day was a regular old layup. May tell you how the rest of the round went.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Really struggled on the greens today but I did have a really nice shot on the 8th. Pitching wedge from 118 straight up hill to a raised green, landed a foot from the hole. Loved it

My first hole, par 5 10th, playing safe early, went 5I, 4I to about 140, wind behind me, 10yd wide creek in front of the green. Hit a 9I to about 20ft pin high.

Double breaking putt, left to about 6in for tap in par. Good start but had to walk off after tap in bogey on 11 due to weather.

Was offered a ride back to the clubhouse after 10 but I wanted to stick it out and see if the weather passed. Lots of lightning nearby though so played it safe 10 minutes later

173 yard 7i, had to play a fade around a tree and did (yes, the Altitude turned over for me) and put it to 8 feet. That's a shot I wouldn't have intentionally tried a month ago, no way.

Had a couple of good shots today. Not sure which was the best but made a footer for eagle on 9 that was in the center of the cup. Great way to finish the round.

driver over trees to cut a good amount off a par 5 that snakes so i have a straight shot to go for the green over a pond in 2... hit it perfect.... couldnt find the ball when we got up there.

The #2 hole at Cherry Valley is my nemesis - it's a short par 4 (~ 300 yds) & I could never figure out why my tee shots (with my usual slight draw) would always end up near the woods left - it looks like if you shave the trees to the right close enough, a straight shot should make the fairway - the dogleg right isn't readily apparent from the tee box (see yellow line on aerial view). It's a really dramatic uphill BLIND tee shot (fairway is probably 40 ft higher than tee box).

So, I eventually figured this is one hole that absolutely has to be played with a big fade - no other way to do it (trees on the right on top of the hill are way too high to try to go over). For me, the 7 wood is the perfect club for the layup distance required (190 yds) & has enough height to make it up over the hill. So, as a novice attempt to counteract my draw, I opened my stance, opened the club head, leaned slightly back, swung outside to in to saw across the ball & bended it right around the right treeline & made the fairway !!!! Probably the most rewarding shot I ever hit due to the degree of difficulty for somebody who's stock shot is a draw - to successfully work it around the corner like the hole is meant to be played (see red line on aerial view). First time I was ever happy to see a big nasty slice !!
cherryvalley_zps9ea2eae8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]).

I made a 35 foot breaking downhill putt from just off the green for a bird on 18 to save me from hitting triple digits yesterday. It made me feel like I had just won the US open. The round started off terribly, and ended OK. It was a total Jekyl and Hyde kind of round. I played from the tips with the guy who I was paired up with, and I don't normally, but did for a change of pace, and paid for it. 55 out, 44 in, with the birdy to close it out. I'm ready to go back for more. I've been fighting tendonitis in my elbow, and took a few weeks off from playing, and it really showed.

Par 3, 170 yards into a 1 club wind. Took out my 6 iron (the SteelFiber i95 6 iron) and hit a perfect shot just left of the pin. When I got to the green I was 10 feet past the hole. My ball was only 3-4 feet past its ball mark. Needless to say the SteelFiber experimentation in my 6 iron is working out really well.

269 yard par 4, blind tee shot. Narrow slot through bunkers to the green. Everyone lays up but me. Hit a nice, easy swing with my Driver.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371926675.152824.jpg

No, I didn't sink the Eagle putt, but it was a memorable hole anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back