Bridgestone Golf Lady Precept Golf Ball

During the round yesteday, we were discussing golf balls in general and how most companies fit you from the green, back to the tee for a ball.

I am the complete opposite. Give me a ball off the tee that helps me with distance, as I am not the longest hitter out there. Next is to give me a ball that keeps me in the fairway, as I can get a bit wild at times. Down the list for me is how the ball reacts on touch shot around the green. Whether the ball can "check" up quickly or not is not something that I have to key on all that often, as I am not a high spin player in those situations, and I can easily enough change my approach on those type of shots to get the ball rolling rather than throwing it at the pin.

SO, with all that said, to the testers; With this ball compared to your previous preferred ball, do you feel that it has a certain aspect about it that makes it a winner for you? Game from the tee? Iron/Wedge play? What would be the deciding factor on if this is a ball you continued to play or not?

So far I'd say what makes this ball a winner for me so far is the soft feel that the ball has but at the same time I'm not sacrificing distance for that feel. I liked the feel of the previous Precept when I tested it last time but wasn't willing to give up the distance I lost with it. This time around, I don't feel like I'm going to have to make that choice.

I'm also liking it off my hybrids. It seems to go where I want it to go better, especially from the rough from the hybrids than my current ball. Yesterday, I was in the rough a lot at Windermere in Cumming, GA and the rough was thick because the course is on temp greens while they convert to mini verde and they aren't mowing the rough as much since the course isn't getting a lot of play. My 4 and 5 hybrid was my saving grace club and the Precept just went long and right where I wanted to be.

Being able to control a ball via spin is fun and is definitely useful in short sided shots or for tight pin placements. However, I'm not consistent enough with spin or even that high of a spin player with irons or wedges. They help, but they also hurt off the tee on bad swings.

The Lady Precept though for me removed that variable. Just hit it, it's not going to spin on me. I worried about over compressing it and it not going anywhere but I had a couple shots at the limit of my iron distances and they flew right to their number.

I actually don't think it plays at all like the e6 ball plays, at least from a lady's point of view.

I've played with the e6 quite a bit in the last nine months and the Lady Precept stops much better for me than the e6 does (very close to the way the B300-RXS does for me as I discussed in my side by side comparison round with the B330-RXS, e6 and the Lady Precept on Friday) and I keep the Lady Precept in play better than I do the e6. I'm thinking this is the difference between our swing speeds and angle of attack that you have and the way Bridgestone engineered the ball for the way a woman swings the club vs. the way the a man swings the club.

I think it is great you guys want to play this ball for the distance and feel, I just want to make sure the ladies who read this thread for how the ball performs for them don't think they can't get spin and stop with this ball because they can.

Thanks for that Mary, sounds quite promising! As I said, I enjoyed the e6 in all aspects except greenside so the fact that you saw better performance from this than the e6 gives me hope that this could be a great all performance ball for me.

Got to say you ladies have done & still doing incredible write ups!!!!
Such detailed information.
THANK YOU ALL!!! :thumbup:

tapin from my big as note 2

Interesting results, I'd be really interesting in finding the lowest compression urethane cover ball to test because of this.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

In the spirit of this thread I'm going to ask GG a question instead of JB. .are these now out in the market &in the stores?

In the spirit of this thread I'm going to ask GG a question instead of JB. .are these now out in the market &in the stores?

In the letter we received it said July 1 was the release date for these to hit store shelves.

Mward: will you consider playing this ball?

In the letter we received it said July 1 was the release date for these to hit store shelves.

Makes sense as to why they are not on Bridgestone's site.

Mward: will you consider playing this ball?

I'd be a fool not to. You ladies have been killing this review so I'll be asking a bunch of questions in here so I can hear long term feedback. Only have 1 ball left till 7/1 haha

I'd be a fool not to. You ladies have been killing this review so I'll be asking a bunch of questions in here so I can hear long term feedback. Only have 1 ball left till 7/1 haha

It's a no brainer for me to bag em. I have a Dick's coupon just waiting for July 1st :thumb:

Might see a few in Branson :D

It's a no brainer for me to bag em. I have a Dick's coupon just waiting for July 1st :thumb:

Brilliant move OG, I feel I'll be stalking a golf store in a week.

Just saw the first television commercial for the new Lady Bridgestone this morning while watching Morning Drive. Looks like they're gearing up for the release.

Hope to see Paula, Sophie and Karrie doing some fun commercials like they do with the guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The greenside spin is where people might notice a difference, but I can honestly say that I think most golfers lack this part of the game anyway and use bump an run and pitch techniques far more often because it is so controllable and easy to pull off.

This is exactly where I'm at and I'm glad to see some confirmation. I don't have any noticeable greenside spin off chips and pitches no matter what type of ball I use and I've just lately started to come to terms with it. I've bought a lot of expensive urethane covered balls and I really don't think they do a thing to help my game. I hit my full swing approach shots pretty high, so I depend on the trajectory to get them to stop.

So if I can get a ball that gives me more distance and feels good, that's really what I should be looking for IMO. I'm definitely going to try a box of these once they come out and see how they perform.

Thanks for all the great writeups. I never would have considered playing a ball designed for women if it wasn't for the great job you're doing in this testing.

Click here for Review #1
Click here for Review #2
Click here for Review #3
Click here for Review #4

Click here for Review #5 (my first hole in one!)
Click here for Review #6

Ole Gray and I went out to the course which was closed today. Members are allowed to walk around and practice if they want. It was an interesting afternoon on the course.

1st: Cleveland 588 54 wedge from about 70 yards (didn't have my range finder)

The first three balls are the new Bridgestone Lady Precept and the last three balls are the B330RX. I was surprised that I hit the Precept with ease but I didn't hit a single shot that felt good with the B330RX. Keep in mind that I had just got to the course and hadn't warmed up except with three balls before I hit these six shots. Both balls had excellent check on them but the Precept carried farther. I was a little shocked by the difference in distance but to be honest, I didn't hit a single B330RX well. Maybe that's because I didn't compress them enough with my partial wedge swing???

Note: This green was wet from the sprinklers.

2nd: Ping i20 8 iron from about 100 yards (didn't know how far I was so pin was only a target not expected to be exact distance)

The first three balls I hit were the old Precept Lady iQ+. The second three were the new Precept Lady. The last ones were the Bridgestone B330RX. I came back and hit a few more at the end (two were the new Precept and one was the B330RX). The pink and yellow balls were the new balls. What I found was the B330RX were a little shorter but checked better. The Precepts felt much better to me though and towards the end of the video you can see one or two checking up well.

Sorry about Ole Gray's language at the very end of this one (you've been warned). It was kind of funny though.

Another thing I noticed was the ones hitting the back of the green checked better than the ones hitting in the middle.

Last edited:
Really good videos both from the testing standpoint and OG yelling smilies.

Love what I saw there and really think the ball was doing well on holding.

Hey KB, can you hit all my 100 yard shots for me?

Here's a couple videos I took when the Mrs. and I were golfing last week. I've never seen her hit more quality drives than this round. Keep in mind it was only her 2nd round of golf this year too. Most of the drives were in the 180 yard range. She bombed one that rolled out over 2 bills.

I really like the sound and flight she was getting with the Lady Precept.

Before I begin my initial review I would like to thank Bridgestone and THP for this testing opp. Two dozen balls (12 white, 6 yellow and 6 pink) - WOW - I am a very lucky girl!

The Balls:
I'm a sucker for a pink ball and these are a lovely shade of pearly pink. Both the pink and optic yellow are easily visible all over the course so from the very start, I knew I would like these balls. ;)

3 Wood
These balls really work for me. I haven't played as much as my fellow THPers but with these balls my shots are consistently solid, longer and straighter. The really nice sweet spot "thwack" sound is an added bonus.

Irons and Putter
The balls feel really good off my irons and putting around the greens - nice roll. Love the perfect muted sound off my putter, too.

Wedges
I really like how these balls perform with my wedges - nice and high. I feel like I have more control than when I play with the "other pink ball".

All in all, so far the Bridgestone Lady Precepts just feel right and I'm very excited to keep testing. I'll post a detailed review this weekend and I'm going to get the boys, Skipper, Skeeter and FrancisD, to give these balls a try and will post their feedback this weekend as well.

Attachments

• 20130622_131301-1.jpg
    20130622_131301-1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
Before I begin my initial review I would like to thank Bridgestone and THP for this testing opp. Two dozen balls (12 white, 6 yellow and 6 pink) - WOW - I am a very lucky girl!

The Balls:
I'm a sucker for a pink ball and these are a lovely shade of pearly pink. Both the pink and optic yellow are easily visible all over the course so from the very start, I knew I would like these balls. ;)

3 Wood
These balls really work for me. I haven't played as much as my fellow THPers but with these balls my shots are consistently solid, longer and straighter. The really nice sweet spot "thwack" sound is an added bonus.

Irons and Putter
The balls feel really good off my irons and putting around the greens - nice roll. Love the perfect muted sound off my putter, too.

Wedges
I really like how these balls perform with my wedges - nice and high. I feel like I have more control than when I play with the "other pink ball".

All in all, so far the Bridgestone Lady Precepts just feel right and I'm very excited to keep testing. I'll post a detailed review this weekend and I'm going to get the boys, Skipper, Skeeter and FrancisD, to give these balls a try and will post their feedback this weekend as well.

Great review. Sounds like they are treating you well. Straighter, longer... Can't beat that!

I'm a lot newer to the game than most but these balls are putting a smile on my face - winner here!
Heck, they put a smile on my face too!

The Balls:

3 Wood

Irons and Putter

Wedges

Good stuff Corey! I'm glad KellyBo gave me a couple of these to try. Between myself and DawgDaddy, I think we both came out a bit awed with their performance. Heck I can tee up with the fellows now and not have to mark my ball. I'll be the only guy on the course with white and blue balls :thumb:. I love that color combo which makes it unique and easy to locate, epecially when one of my partner's shots land in the same area.

Good stuff Corey! I'm glad KellyBo gave me a couple of these to try. Between myself and DawgDaddy, I think we both came out a bit awed with their performance. Heck I can tee up with the fellows now and not have to mark my ball. I'll be the only guy on the course with white and blue balls :thumb:. I love that color combo which makes it unique and easy to locate, epecially when one of my partner's shots land in the same area.

I liked it well enough to play the entire 27 holes, solid performer and at the price point I WILL be picking up a dozen of the yellow. Looking forward to their release on July 1st, I plan to play these on some of those tough holes with force carry at The Legends in Myrtle Beach next month.

I liked it well enough to play the entire 27 holes, solid performer and at the price point I WILL be picking up a dozen of the yellow. Looking forward to their release on July 1st, I plan to play these on some of those tough holes with force carry at The Legends in Myrtle Beach next month.

A dawg with new balls will be a force to reckon with! :deadhorse:

Back