2014 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
With Tom Watson Selecting Andy North as a Vice Captain I wondered if we should have a place to collect it all.

Sorry if it's already out there, couldn't find it!

http://www.rydercup.com/usa/news/tom-watson-picks-andy-north-vice-captain
[h=1]Tom Watson picks Andy North as vice-captain
[/h] [h=2]Ryder Cup Team USA Captain Tom Watson announced his first vice-captain selection, tapping close friend Andy North to be one of his right-hand men during the matches at Gleneagles in 2014.[/h]

I think it's a solid pick. Too bad we're still over a year away.

I think it's pretty irrelevant. I don't give the US a hope on Scottish soil.

Not sure about this one. Is he qualified for it? Yes. But I'd probably rather see someone else.

I trust Watson. Go Andy North!

Not sure about this one. Is he qualified for it? Yes. But I'd probably rather see someone else.
At first I thought the same thing as North has been doing sports, all be it, golf commentary for a while now, but his playing credentials are solid, and honestly I felt a bit of the same way about Azinger when he was chosen, I hope it works out for the US team.
I trust Watson. Go Andy North!
Yeah, Go North, hopefully he brings his doctor's jacket he's worn on air!!!
andy-north1.jpg

It's an okay pick. Nothing special. There was another thread I read recently about players, like C. Peterson, that have dual citizenship and got me thinking...

Any chance Watson adds Feherty? And, if so, good, bad, or indifferent?

I think it's pretty irrelevant. I don't give the US a hope on Scottish soil.

All these American's boys don't know what it's like to play in the wind and rain

If Tom Watson picked Miley Cyrus to be an assistant captain I'd assume there was nobody better. Tom Watson is the man.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's an okay pick. Nothing special. There was another thread I read recently about players, like C. Peterson, that have dual citizenship and got me thinking...

Any chance Watson adds Feherty? And, if so, good, bad, or indifferent?

That would be sick if Feherty was named an assistant captain. He's the freaking man!

That would be sick if Feherty was named an assistant captain. He's the freaking man!

I think it's an interesting topic. They seemed legitimately close during Feherty's interview for his show. Feherty is also constantly bragging, as he should, about his citizenship and he gets to watch the players week in week out which is what Watson said of North.

What if Feherty is asked by both sides???

I think it's an interesting topic. They seemed legitimately close during Feherty's interview for his show. Feherty is also constantly bragging, as he should, about his citizenship and he gets to watch the players week in week out which is what Watson said of North.

After he pulled for America last year I doubt he has to worry about the Euros asking him...

Feherty won't be asked by either side.

There are a bunch of strong competitors for the US squad atop the leaderboards early this year. I really like what I'm seeing out of the younger americans. Should give the Euros a run this year.

There are a bunch of strong competitors for the US squad atop the leaderboards early this year. I really like what I'm seeing out of the younger americans. Should give the Euros a run this year.

Agreed Kyle. I think the American boys are going to be in good shape this year to bring the Cup back to the US side. This event gets me fired up like nothing else. I'm not kidding when I say I'd rather watch the Ryder Cup than the SuperBowl.

Agreed Kyle. I think the American boys are going to be in good shape this year to bring the Cup back to the US side. This event gets me fired up like nothing else. I'm not kidding when I say I'd rather watch the Ryder Cup than the SuperBowl.

I'm with you on this. If my team isn't in the Super Bowl, give me the Ryder Cup every time!

Especially after that crud on my TV for 4 hours yesterday. I was so depressed after the US lost at Medinah. I sat watching all day with my daughter and had to explain to her why Ian Poulter became daddy's new hero even though he wasn't playing for the team I supported.

What's the SuperBowl?

Seriously though, I need to request these days off work.

What's the SuperBowl?

Seriously though, I need to request these days off work.
It's a great television production for sure, I love watching all of it, pre, during and post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back