The Mildly Amusing Thread

Boo Girl watched Happy Gilmore at her aunt's and tried to explain the plot to me. This is a child who worships the LPGA and barely notices that men play golf. So she told me that to save his grandmother's house, Happy "went LPGA."

That would have made for an interesting, if very different, movie.

I stopped at the grocery store on my way to work this morning. There was a rather large man and his wife in the cookie aisle. As I walked by, he complained that they never had the kind of cookies he liked. Suddenly, I heard someone ask if perhaps he thought they might be trying to tell him something. To my horror, I realized it was me and I had said it out loud. As I practically ran down the aisle after removing my foot from my mouth, I heard his wife burst out laughing.

I wish I had been there to see and hear that happen Diane!

I wish I had been there to see and hear that happen Diane!

Why - so you could see me blush? I really have to stop talking to myself.

Boo Girl presented me with her Christmas list. Here it is, with the number of exclamation points severely truncated:
  1. UGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. More Jeans
  3. UGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. My ears pierced
  5. UGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. My ears pierced
  7. UGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. My ears pierced
  9. Polly Pockets
  10. Mind Fuse something
  11. My ears pierced
  12. UGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Ears pierced
  14. UGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Kid looked it over and remarked, "Not a whole lot of variety there."

Boo Girl presented me with her Christmas list. Here it is, with the number of exclamation points severely truncated:
  2. More Jeans
  4. My ears pierced
  6. My ears pierced
  8. My ears pierced
  9. Polly Pockets
  10. Mind Fuse something
  11. My ears pierced
  13. Ears pierced

Why does she want her ears pierced so bad?

And why does she want Uggs? I thought they were "out" like, 2 years ago?

Why does she want her ears pierced so bad?

And why does she want Uggs? I thought they were "out" like, 2 years ago?

She's nine years old. I couldn't begin to explain nine year old girls.

It's simple - all girls want their ears pierced and she knows she's at an age where you might agree. Mine were pierced at age 10 - by a surgeon because my mother is crazy. Uggs are still in fashion in suburbia. Who wouldn't want new jeans.

I think you've got trouble right there in River City. Trouble, which starts with T that rhymes with P which stands for Pierced Ears.

I think you've got trouble right there in River City. Trouble, which starts with T that rhymes with P which stands for Pierced Ears.

Maybe. She still holds my hand walking down the street and gives me multiple hugs a day. Not growing up THAT fast.

If you must know...

Hubby continued to razz me about that round of golf. Boo Girl finally shut him up by asking if you were going to be her new father.

I think I'm gonna have to delete this post pretty quickly.

I'm not going to quote that, but that's kinda funny.

2. More Jeans
  4. My ears pierced
  6. My ears pierced
  8. My ears pierced
  9. Polly Pockets
  10. Mind Fuse something
  11. My ears pierced
  13. Ears pierced

I love your kids. Boo knows what she wants, and The Kid is pretty funny. Send her to "Uncle Bogey's" and I'll get her ears pierced for Christmas for her. Mom and dad just have to buy all the new earrings. Those get expensive. Well I could send her on to Harry and I'm sure she could talk him into a couple hundred dollars worth of earrings.

I'd pierce her ears myself. It's not that hard.

I would go ahead and have multiple holes drilled in each ear so she doesn't have to go back over and over as she progresses through teenhood. Also, see of you can get a volume discount for the tongue piercing and navel, too.

I'm just trying to figure out if cheap Uggs knockoffs will be okay or if nine year olds are that tuned into brand names.

I think I remember my Mom doing my sisters with a piece of ice and a needle.

There's a chain of stores with my name on it. They'll do it.

Back