Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
The weather here in Cheeseland was so crappy in October the month was a waste for golf. We got in a few rounds but it was frustrating for everyone. My wife had taken a lesson and was over thinking everything, my daughter was struggling and lost confidence over the ball due to a lack of playing and practice, and the hot streak I enjoyed in late August and September came to a screeching halt.

Last Thursday both girls had lessons. They hit balls at the indoor dome the other day and both were smacking it, especially my daughter. Tomorrow the daughter is out of school at 10:00. Temps are supposed to be in the 50's, possible 60's Saturday, then 50's again Sunday. We're giving it a go all three days, and that very well could do it.

Then it's Winter practice in the dome. Not for me and the wife so much, but at least twice a week for the girl.

Kevin

It's supposed to be in the 50's here too so I'm playing Sunday. I love playing in this weather.

my new home course opened a new 9 holes, bringing the total to 18 on monday. they had to close it midweek as it was raining too heavily.. :(
rain on the cards all next week too :(

ohwell, maybe in 2 weeks ill play it

Our best season is just starting as the weather cools into the 70's. My son-in-law lives in Maine and was just moaning about his course closing last weekend. I've never lived where there was a golf "season", I have always enjoyed year-round golf. It must be miserable.

Our best season is just starting as the weather cools into the 70's. My son-in-law lives in Maine and was just moaning about his course closing last weekend. I've never lived where there was a golf "season", I have always enjoyed year-round golf. It must be miserable.

Having always lived in Georgia, I also have never had to deal with an off season. It is unusual to even have a week where golf isn't possible.

Saturday is supposed to be a fine fall day - morning low in the upper 30's, warming to the upper 60's. I plan to play, but I haven't gotten out all week tho it has been beautiful every day. I had planned to play 9 Thursday after work, but a stomach bug has had me home for 2 days. Not awful, and I am hopeful to be well quickly enuff for Saturday golf.

Woohoo, 75 for a high today! I'm going about noon. Crazy weather here, we've had snow already and some really cold wet weather, but the next 4 day's look very nice.

my new home course opened a new 9 holes, bringing the total to 18 on monday. they had to close it midweek as it was raining too heavily.. :(
rain on the cards all next week too :(

ohwell, maybe in 2 weeks ill play it

That's great, I always hated having to play the same nine twice.

I'm playing on Sunday and it's going to be in the 50's. The best part is that the course where I'm playing hasn't gone to temporary greens/tees yet because the weather has been so mild.

Back