Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drained a 50 yard pitch on a two-tiered green. Only birdie of the day.

One brightish spot in a round not full of them...pushed the approach WELL right of 12th green onto the next tee. 40y away, dry fast green sloping away, and 40' trees between my ball and the green.
Pulled the 64, took a mighty flail and managed a perfect flop over the trees to 10'. Which I missed, but that was sort of expected given the way the round was going.

Had a couple of memorable shots during league. Had a 15-foot downhill putt for birdie on 7. Then on 9 (#2 hc hole on that side) I nailed a drive that left me 125 to the pin. Hit a cutoff PW that left me a 4 foot uphill putt that I drained for birdie. What a great way to finish. Had four birdies on Tuesday overall. Hope to carry that forward a little bit as they're much more rewarding than bogies!!

Par 5, 2nd shot. I had bombed my drive but was a little right and had some trees in front of me. I had 205 to the hole so I took out my Mashie M4. Started the ball off just left of the trees and faded it back to the hole. Stopped 10 feet from the hole. Closest eagle putt I've ever had but ball rolled just over the lip. Still, a real solid birdie.

Hit the pin 3 times yesterday with a chip, not one of them dropped though...

Also very close to a ace. #6 playing 160 to the pin and I put a lovely swing on a 9 iron, ball landed about 4ft in font of the hole, ran right over the top of the hole and stopped 3ft past it....

Lousy round overall. But on the 10th hole, a tight par 4 I hit hybrid off the tee followed by a 7-iron to 4' of the pin, sunk the putt for the birdie. The rest of the round was forgettable, worst round in 3 years!

270 yard drive on the ninth. Didn't draw it like I wanted to, but it straight as a rail.

Also a 30 yard pitch shot with a 56 degree wedge to carry a bunker and roll within 5' of the hole. Very nearly holed it. Grown men watching me kiss my sand wedge. I'd kiss Bob Vokey if I ever met him.

My best shot today was my 2nd at 18 stuck it to foot and a halve from 215 with 5 iron love those tap in eagles!

My best shot was after my worst drive of the day. It was on a short par 5 with a blind shot to the green, I ended up under a tree with really low hanging branches and had a huge metal power line poll about 20 yards in front of me. I still had about 240 to the green and ended up taking my 3-wood playing a slice around the branches and the tower. The ball never got more than 10 feet off the ground and rolled up to 5 feet from the hole for eagle. I made the putt to get back to +1 for the round. First eagle this year.

Best shot yesterday was a 52° wedge from about 110, and stuck it to about 4 feet. Unfortunately, I missed the birdie putt (along with every other birdie putt...Just one of those days).

From the rough 144 yards against the wind. I took an extra club, 7i, that landed front right side and rolled by the flag. 3 foot down hill slider for birdie, missed.

Played two rounds today so I have one from each round.

First round, par 5 #12. 95 yard approach shot bounced short, and stopped about a foot from the cup. Tap in birdie.

Second round, hole #9, which was my 17th hole of the day (played back nine, then started the front on #2), 167 yard 4H that I thought would be about 10 yards short of the green, got up there and it was 5 feet past the pin. Choked on the birdie putt, made par.

210 to the pin, slightly uphill, I pull 4 iron and absolutely flush one. Small draw comes in over a ridge and lands softly on the fringe, rolling a bit left and stopping about five feet away from the cup.

Absolutely disgusting.

210 to the pin, slightly uphill, I pull 4 iron and absolutely flush one. Small draw comes in over a ridge and lands softly on the fringe, rolling a bit left and stopping about five feet away from the cup.

Absolutely disgusting.

That's so sexy. 210 should be a 4 for me as well. My 5 is 200 if its flush. But I can't seem to get the same ball flight with my 4 and it's too inconsistent to trust. But back to your shot, (golf clap)

Best shot today was my 4th on our par 5 11th. I had about 20-25 yards left and a really poor lie and didn't fancy chipping it, plus where I would have had to land it just short didn't look to clever. I used my 22* hybrid and played it like a putt. It came off perfectly and about 6' from the hole it looked like it was going in but broke about 6'' from the hole and finished up a couple of inches past for a tap in par.

125 yard approach into the hole for an eagle :)
Heavy crosswind, pin tucked to the back and left. It truly was a great shot.

85 yards to a short pin over water. Nearly untested J40 wedge (thanks War). Stuck it to a foot. Sadly it was for par.

tapt

85 yards to a short pin over water. Nearly untested J40 wedge (thanks War). Stuck it to a foot. Sadly it was for par.

tapt

Was this on hole #6 at the base course?

Hit a couple of really nice 8-irons today from the fairways. Best one was from about 160 out, over a bunker, stuck it pin-high about 8-feet away. Birdie putt did a full 360 around the lip and came back 4 inches toward me. :banghead: Still always feels nice to flush a few irons.

I played a round today to let off some steam and was swinging out of my shoes on all of my tee shots. I snapped hooked one on the par 5 18th and had 268 to the pin from the rough and stuck it to 12 feet with my 4 wood. Missed the eagle, made the bird, smiled and went home.

Played a pitch and putt with the boy and here's his shot of the day. 100 yard hole and this was his second shot from the fairway. Two putted after that. I'm calling it his first par.

He dressed himself today, so be kind :)

vydu7u3u.jpg

Hawk that's awesome man. Congrats to your son, he's more skilled and better dressed than half the adult golfers I saw today.

Played a pitch and putt with the boy and here's his shot of the day. 100 yard hole and this was his second shot from the fairway. Two putted after that. I'm calling it his first par.

He dressed himself today, so be kind :)

vydu7u3u.jpg

That's awesome!!

Haha. He had a good time for sure. Hit his first GIR on a 70 yard hole as well. Bounced it up on the front. Good times.

Heartland par 3 hole 9. Replica of Sawgrass #9 Island hole. Took an 8 iron and hit it pretty well, well enough that I thought I overshot ans got water. Went over to where I saw the ball land and was preparing for a drop and penalty. Saw my ball upon arrival abnd was only 5 yards away from the pin. Felt pretty good about it and a great way to end the round. However, a chutt and lip out gave me a bogey,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back