wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With all the talk of Rory's struggles, people seem to be ignoring Luke Donald's woes.

What the heck is up with Luke this year? I didn't expect him to light it up, but he's been downright awful. Every time you think he's about to break out of his funk, he turns in like a +7 day (or +9 today).

I guess the bright spot is the first 3 days at the US Open.

Yeah what's going on with him? His gam'e's gone down the toilet, US Open was looking good and then it crashed again

Yeah, just not getting it going much recently, I'd really like to see him do well, he's always been so solid and I could watch his swing all day long.

Sure he'll come good and get the high finishes back, not sure when, but hopefully soon.

Maybe Luke should switch back to his MP-62s. It seems like when he switched from the 62s to the 59s his game went down the tubes.

With all the talk of Rory's struggles, people seem to be ignoring Luke Donald's woes.

What the heck is up with Luke this year? I didn't expect him to light it up, but he's been downright awful. Every time you think he's about to break out of his funk, he turns in like a +7 day (or +9 today).

I guess the bright spot is the first 3 days at the US Open.

Wade, what did you do to him at that camp?

A player like Donald lives and dies by the putter (His Odyssey #7) for many reasons. For a couple of years, he was the best putter in the world (perception) inside of 15 feet. Its not there right now and you are seeing what the rest of his game is giving him. He is the perfect example of how important the short game and putter is.

Wade, what did you do to him at that camp?

Heh. Yeah, the start of his slide did coincide with my meeting him. Maybe unbeknownst to me, he saw me swing and it was just more than he could take. :act-up:

Must be the clubs ala Rory. LOL

A player like Donald lives and dies by the putter (His Odyssey #7) for many reasons. For a couple of years, he was the best putter in the world (perception) inside of 15 feet. Its not there right now and you are seeing what the rest of his game is giving him. He is the perfect example of how important the short game and putter is.
Id contend that his accuracy with his irons isnt what it was when he was world #1.

Id contend that his accuracy with his irons isnt what it was when he was world #1.

I would disagree quite a bit.

Strokes Gained Putting
2011 - .844
2012 - .797
2013 - .717

While his GIR have been worse in that same time, he was never a great tee to green player. His putting was always his saving grace.

I took him for the Open, just had a hunch. Bad hunch apparently.

I would disagree quite a bit.

Strokes Gained Putting
2011 - .844
2012 - .797
2013 - .717

While his GIR have been worse in that same time, he was never a great tee to green player. His putting was always his saving grace.

I don't deny that his putting was always his strength and that he was never a long-hitter but you can't deny the decline in his ballstriking.

Back