Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

You are in my head dude. Only difference is the shaft I have feels heavy and is seems very stout. It will take some time to get used to but I should get plenty of time with them over the weekend.

just have to get that comfort level. Hopefully it comes easily.

Erik you are right these headcovers are sweet!

Here are "The Three Amigos"

237C5FEF-405C-485F-AD21-A2B2F38B93E2-912-0000003E4201BBE9_zps670acef4.jpg

3/4 & 5/7 have Kuro Kage Stiff 50g and 3/4 hybrid has VTS Black 85g. Can't wait to put these in play right after work!

Looking good BF! I love how the KK shafts look

Went ahead a installed my pop up protectors just to be on the safe side. T minus 3 hours and 47 mins till I get to use them. I'm extremely excited.

3/4 & 5/7 have Kuro Kage Stiff 50g and 3/4 hybrid has VTS Black 85g. Can't wait to put these in play right after work!

damn. i shoulda kept that 3/4 hybo....

damn. i shoulda kept that 3/4 hybo....

I'm glad you didn't! It's sure is tough looking!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

A few days ago I reported a great session with my hybrids but some struggles with my 3 wood. My shots were launching extremely low which was odd because the white tie is a high launching shaft. Well today I hit my 3 wood off each par 4 and 5 and was thrilled with the results. I got the launch angle up and did a great job staying in the fairway. I'm really looking forward to hitting it a bunch in the next week and think there's a good chance it will be hit on the majority of the holes at the MC. The hybrids continue to be solid and I agree with WBCM that they tend to draw a bit.

A few days ago I reported a great session with my hybrids but some struggles with my 3 wood. My shots were launching extremely low which was odd because the white tie is a high launching shaft. Well today I hit my 3 wood off each par 4 and 5 and was thrilled with the results. I got the launch angle up and did a great job staying in the fairway. I'm really looking forward to hitting it a bunch in the next week and think there's a good chance it will be hit on the majority of the holes at the MC. The hybrids continue to be solid and I agree with WBCM that they tend to draw a bit.

You just get used to it or was there a little change?

Glad it was going so well tonight!

Only got to hit these a few times during yesterday's round. I was blasting the 5w immediately. The hybrid is stout! That VTS black is a stiff one! Will be hitting the range after work and maybe playing. Plus plenty of #MBMCrangetime

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Nice dude! Glad you got it figured out!

237C5FEF-405C-485F-AD21-A2B2F38B93E2-912-0000003E4201BBE9_zps670acef4.jpg

Nice dude! Sweet sticks!

hit some shots with these after my lesson last night. For some reason it was a struggle. I don't know if it's because I was exhausted or what, but the first 5-6 shots were just ground balls. I ordered the grips with an extra layer of tape, and they feel huge, so I will check on that and maybe just re-tape underneath. As far as looks and setting up to the ball, I love how the fairway woods look. I have no clue on distance but the 3 wood was performing well after infield practice. Would be nice to have it as a safety net off the tee. The orange head just looks flat out cool.

The hybrid seemed smaller to me yesterday then I remembered it. I need some work with this too. The shaft is lighter than my last few hybrids so hopefully I will adapt to that quickly. I have a feeling that weds after my practice round at True Blue I will be out on the range and short game area dialing in some clubs.

We will talk during our round dude. I figured these babies out and I will hit you with some knowledge haha. Seriously. A ton of it has to do with ball position at address due to the higher sweet spot point in the face. Play it a little more forward than you have in the past and watch it fly.

You just get used to it or was there a little change?

Glad it was going so well tonight!
That first day my back was so stiff I think I just wasn't putting a good enough swing on it to get it in the air. Everything was low and left. Yesterday I loosened up a bit and with a fuller swing came a better flight.

I got my first round in with these today and they worked very well. The draw settings were giving my some sweeping draws that I couldn't control but back in the neutral setting I was seeing a nice baby draw. I think I got the gaps right where I need them in the hybrids. My longest iron is 26* and I needed to crank the 4/5 all the way up to 25* to maintain the 10-15 gap I was looking for. The gap fitting calculator on the fit 'n' fly app made this a lot easier. Set the 3/4 at 21* and the 2/3 at 16*. I got along much better with the Fujikura Fuel shaft this time than I did the first time out. It is not a shaft to swing when you are tired as it seems to like a more aggressive cut.

With both the fairways and the hybrids I have found that they go farther than I expect. Not sure if I am expecting a louder sound off the club face but I keep looking for my ball a good 10-20 yards short of where they end up.

Didn't need the 3 wood today but hit the hybrid twice.

Hole 3 - off the tee. Hit it about 235 to pin high and slightly left of the green. Great ball flight and soft landing. Led to a nice par.

Hole 4 - off the tee. Hit it slightly right into the rough but the distance and swing were very solid. Great contact just mediocre aim haha.

Really liking this off the tee for short par 4's

The 4/5 H was the all-star of my round on Sunday as I shot a 78 (39/39), I have mine set to 4D 23* and wanted it for the 185-195 distance and I hit that all day, my best shot was after I hit a low liner drive that left me 188 yds out in the rough but my ball was sitting up, pulled this baby out and whack it jumped off the face got up high and started fading towards the green and landed about 15' right side of the pin and two putted for a Par, the other hole was this gimmicky hole that has creek sitting at about 240, so you have to lay up and I hoped to land the ball at about 115 yds leaving me at PW distance, I swung and again the ball took off starting fading and landed at 118 yds out pulled the PW stuck it to 5 feet and walked off with a Birdie.

I think I'm really comfortable with the Amp Cell at this point, I just need to remember to aim slighty right of the pin cause the fade is working with it set at 4D, as my normal shot is a baby fade and I usually aim left of the pin. Really pleased with all my purcahses this year (X-Hot Pro 20*, Ping G20 Irons & Amp Cell 4/5H).

Need some help.

Bought a 2-3 H but the MyFly starts with 3+ and ends with 4 like the 3-4 H. Ordered it from a uk shop, which is an authorized cobra dealer.
Has anyone seen this before?

2v0yiv7.jpg

6igt9h.jpg

It looks like they have a 2-3 head on a shaft that has a tip for the 3-4. I would just contact the seller and have them give you the correct shaft.

I really like these fairway woods. The 3 wood off the tee has been a really good stick for me. The hybrid tool some time to get under control but at the end of the mc and today it really has become a solid club as well. I changed the myfly to 4draw on Thursday after my round at Caledonia and it has been a really good switch. I'm actually pondering adding another hybrid to the bag.

I REALLY started to hit these well recently. Hands down the longest 3wood and hybo I have played at the lofts they are set at. Really loving the set up.

Using these hybrids are like throwing darts to me.
I am hitting them well.

Recently just put the Blue AMP cell 3W in my bag at 14 degrees and hit it for the first time today. All I can say, is this thing is a straight shooter and so easy to hit. His the AMP Cell driver that easy?

PS: Sorry I haven't posted in a while, only had about 15 rds of golf over the past 2 years, since I had my son in February of last year, priorities are different.

But man this 3w is fantastic!

Sooooooooo....

This one is going in the bag, got it set at 15* right now and am installing the Red-Tie into it tonight while I do some other club work. I really forgot how much I love this clubhead when I hit it in Iowa last year, eager to see if it gets better with an improved shaft.

Sooooooooo....

This one is going in the bag, got it set at 15* right now and am installing the Red-Tie into it tonight while I do some other club work. I really forgot how much I love this clubhead when I hit it in Iowa last year, eager to see if it gets better with an improved shaft.

It really is phenomenal, absolutely love that.

I will have the hybo soon..count in it.

It really is phenomenal, absolutely love that.

I will have the hybo soon..count in it.

The red head with the red awesomeness (and THP engraving) of the Red-Tie just looks badass. If nothing else it will scare the hell out of the golf ball.

The hybrid is just so damn easy to hit. Love the small profile of it too.
Do you like the Hybrid as much as the 3/4 wood? What about the Driver? I have the G15 and like it, but man did I like the 3W

Back