Homeowners Insurance Quiz

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
http://moneycentral.msn.com/quiz/homeowner-insurance-quiz/home.aspx

Try this even if you rent right now. It's still good information. Copy and paste your results if you want to. (One try only!) It's 20 questions.

At the end it asks if you are a renter or homeowner and which state you live in.

I own and live in Kansas.

You scored: 70
How you compare
The average score for MSN Money readers is 66
The average score for homeowners is 67
The average score for renters is 63
The average score for your state is 67

You scored 70 or above: You're equipped to make good choices when shopping for homeowners insurance.

Man, I need to brush up on my insurance knowledge!

You scored: 50
How you compare

Your results
Review quiz answers
You scored: 70
How you compare
The average score for your state is 65

85 here, but I'm supposed to be really good at this stuff. I've never worried about the dog part.

55 I rent my place and don't have a dog, so a lot of that stuff I have never looked at

Sheesh, I'm bringing down the class curve. I own my own home and I have a dog. I fail.

55 I rent my place and don't have a dog, so a lot of that stuff I have never looked at

Dude I own a house and have a dog and Ive never seen half the stuff. I just know I dont have flood insurance and earthquake is extra.

Dude I own a house and have a dog and Ive never seen half the stuff. I just know I dont have flood insurance and earthquake is extra.

I hear ya, my renters policy wasn't that hard to get through. I do know flood insurance for a renter here is astronomical!! And after tonight I may regret not having it!!

I hear ya, my renters policy wasn't that hard to get through. I do know flood insurance for a renter here is astronomical!! And after tonight I may regret not having it!!

Good luck with that Craig. We dont really have floods here but we do get earthquakes.

When I last updated my policy, I had to add on separate policy due to the breed of dog I own. He is not a pit bull, or a rott, but an american bull dog. He's guilty by association I suppose. (Bully dogs).

Technically, I live in a flood zone - on a river, but it's more like a small stream. If it floods enough to cause damage to my property, changes are I'll be dead too so I opted to not purchase flood insurance.

Technically, I live in a flood zone - on a river, but it's more like a small stream. If it floods enough to cause damage to my property, changes are I'll be dead too so I opted to not purchase flood insurance.

Our property is a flood zone, because the back yard is pretty much a steep incline down to a teeny creek. Our house isn't in the flood zone, though, so we don't carry flood insurance. When Floyd made its way up here in 1999, some of our low-lying neighbors got flooded, but our house didn't. I figure we're safe.

Good luck with that Craig. We dont really have floods here but we do get earthquakes.

The high Flood Insurance cost is due to the area I live in only being a few feet above sea level. Here is a Map of what will flood during a hurricane, I live just to the left of the word "Hampton".
hrstormsurge500-734041.gif

They are reports of up to 7 foot storm surge tonight, but most are saying 4 feet. We had 7.5 feet during Hurricane Isabel and the place I now live in had about 6" of water. Keeping my fingers crossed and I'll be up at 3AM keeping an eye on it!

Oh carp Craig, well be hoping everything is ok later.

Man, I need to brush up on my insurance knowledge!

You scored: 50
How you compare

Ha! Me too! But do you know what? I don't care...:D

Ha! Me too! But do you know what? I don't care...:D

This is why we hire an agent! Although some of the stuff that isn't covered is nice to know it's not covered.

Back