What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Taylor Swift really clean up? I googled the results and it seems another female artist cleaned up.

Kevin

Who would that be?

bonk, you might want to stay away from here until it's over!

I guess so Smallie. It's cool though. I was just messing with you earlier. It's not like I'm sitting at the edge of my seat waiting to see who's going to get what. Thanks anyway buddy.

Who would that be?

bonk, you might want to stay away from here until it's over!

Is Taylor Swift the one who is in a new commercial for one of those video games for pretending you are a singer/band?

Is Taylor Swift the one who is in a new commercial for one of those video games for pretending you are a singer/band?

The amazing thing is someone will know the answer to this very vague question.

I don't know.

taylor_swift_blender_cover-x600.jpg

One of my nephews loves Taylor Swift. I honestly don't think she's that cute.

She is in the commercial.

Didn't Carrie Underwood win vocalist of the year and entertainer of the year. Taylor Swift won best album. I didn't see the show, just googled the results.

Kevin

Carrie Underwood is much prettier, imo. Not that Taylor Swift is ugly, by any means!

She is in the commercial.

Didn't Carrie Underwood win vocalist of the year and entertainer of the year. Taylor Swift won best album. I didn't see the show, just googled the results.

Kevin

Results:

Spoiler
I don't think a woman has won Entertainer of the Year since Shania Twain.

Winners at Wednesday’s 43rd annual Country Music Association Awards:

— Entertainer of the Year: Taylor Swift

— Single: “I Run to You,” Lady Antebellum

— Album: “Fearless,” Taylor Swift

— Song: “In Color,” Jamey Johnson, Lee Thomas Miller, James Otto

— Female Vocalist: Taylor Swift

— Male Vocalist: Brad Paisley

— Vocal Group: Lady Antebellum

— Vocal Duo: Sugarland

— Musical Event: “Start a Band,” Brad Paisley (duet with Keith Urban)

— Musician: Mac McAnally

— Music Video: “Love Story,” Taylor Swift

— New Artist: Darius Rucker

Ha!. I'm not too bright. What I was looking at was an article from 4/6/09 for the Academy of Country Music Awards.

Time flux. I was caught in an Internet vortex where two award shows with very similar names caused me massive confusion.

Kevin

Yeah, that's her. That girl needs a cheeseburger, stat!

I believe my comment in the Lady Gaga thread was a slice of pizza or a sandwich. Almost scary skinny. She hosted SNL last week and was pretty funny. She's only 19 and handled herself well in a bunch of sketches. You know they like the host when she/he is in almost every sketch.

Kevin

Yeah, scary skinny. She looks pretty tall too.

She's supposed to be 5' 11".

The amazing thing is someone will know the answer to this very vague question.

Harry beat me to the band hero clip, but Boo Girl informed me of this in connection with The Kid's Christmas list. He wants it and she wants him to get it, because she likes Taylor Swift.

All the girls like Taylor Swift. The boys probably do too. She zings her old boyfriends in her songs. She made fun of Joe Jonas on SNL, and all the kids my daughter's age loved it. Now she's supposedly dating Taylor Lautner from the "Twilight" movies, and they're all excited about that. The Twilight series is beyond HUGE with these kids. The next movie is coming out in a few weeks. I've seen the first one about twelve times. I tried to the read the book and couldn't pull it off. Got about a third of the way through before packing it in.

I hear so much of this stuff sometimes I think I'm a tween girl. Once I hear or see some gossip I remember it and use it in conversations with Jr. Lancer and her girl friends. They all think I'm pretty hip.

Kevin

All the girls like Taylor Swift. The boys probably do too. She zings her old boyfriends in her songs. She made fun of Joe Jonas on SNL, and all the kids my daughter's age loved it.

This is long, but the part related to Esox's post is in the first minute.

[YOUTUBE]Fd8xj1-UMzk [/YOUTUBE]

Survivor is on in a few.

Thursday night football. I just explained the GSH to The Kid. He'd never noticed it before.

Jay Culter sucks. Four interceptions and barely into the 4th quarter.

First Bears QB since 1962 to have two 4 interception games in one season.

Just finished The Mentalist.

Two and a Half Men (Syndicated).

CSI. I miss Gil and Warrick, but it's still a decent show.

Working from home today. Watching Rocky now while reviewing cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back