Vehicular weirdness

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33831758/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001

Woman drives into aquarium at Tampa airport
TAMPA, Fla. - The driver and the child in her lap survived when a pickup slammed into a 1,500-gallon aquarium at Tampa International Airport, officials said. The tropical fish were not so lucky.

Airport officials say 36-year-old Yamile Campuzano-Martine lost control of her truck and drove into the saltwater tank outside the American Airlines baggage claim Monday night. Airport spokeswoman Brenda Geoghagan said the driver had an unrestrained 6-year-old boy in her lap.

About 90 percent of the 30 to 40 saltwater fish in the tank were killed. The aquarium was part of a public art program. The airport spent $200,000 on the exhibit, which included the 12-foot tank.

Campuzano-Martine was cited for careless driving. No number was listed for her in public records.

My kids were younger when they learned how to swim.

facepalm.jpg

Gee, I wonder which state that happened in . . .

That whole article sounded fishy to me.

I wonder if the airport will go after her for the $200K?

I hope so. But something tells me that someone who drives with an unrestrained child in her lap and crashes into a giant fish tank probably is also driving without insurance.

I hope Child Services pays her a visit too.

Here is some additional information from another article:
Woman drives into aquarium at Tampa airport - Florida AP - MiamiHerald.com
Campuzano-Martine declined an offer to transport the boy, who had a knot on his forehead, to a hospital. She was also cited for child restraint and failure to provide a driver's license.

And if she couldn't provide a driver's license, why wasn't she arrested?

I can't believe there aren't any pictures of this fiasco.

My laptop took a dive C-Tech, thanks!

Thanks bonk. I'm hoping for one with the car and the fish tank, maybe some fish scooting along over the hood or something!

21241_tiafish.jpg

Thanks bonk. I'm hoping for one with the car and the fish tank, maybe some fish scooting along over the hood or something!

I'd prefer a pic of the woman being surrounded by a group of people, smacking her on the back of the head. :stickbeat:

Crazy, I hope she has to pay the damages, replace the fish, gets ticketed and fined for the kid and no drivers license, and has to appear for a public stoning for just being a ****ing idiot!

21241_tiafish.jpg

Good lord, did she drive into the airport.

I think she did it just for the halibut.*

*Sorry, sorry, I just have no self control. I couldn't resist...

I really hope someone kicks her bass for that idiocy.

I wonder if she and her child floundered trying to get out of the car when all that water came in.

You know some show like "Extra" will try to snapper up for an interview, but I bet she clams up. Even if they get her to talk, I promise you that I won't tuna in to watch it.

I wonder if she and her child floundered trying to get out of the car when all that water came in.

You know some show like "Extra" will try to snapper up for an interview, but I bet she clams up. Even if they get her to talk, I promise you that I won't tuna in to watch it.

This thread has deteriorated into vernacular weirdness. Or is it vocabular?

Bubbler.

Kevin

This thread has deteriorated into vernacular weirdness.

Holy mackerel! No need to get so bullheaded, or try to mount out heads on a pike!

Are you trying to perch yourself on a pedestal, or is this some sort of red herring to distract us? I mean, we may not all be brain sturgeons, but we aren't mullet wearing morons either!

Spoiler
I crack me up.

I think she did it just for the halibut.*

*Sorry, sorry, I just have no self control. I couldn't resist...

This thread has deteriorated into vernacular weirdness. Or is it vocabular?

Bubbler.

Kevin

Holy mackerel! No need to get so bullheaded, or try to mount out heads on a pike!

Are you trying to perch yourself on a pedestal, or is this some sort of red herring to distract us? I mean, we may not all be brain sturgeons, but we aren't mullet wearing morons either!

Spoiler
I crack me up.

Carp...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33906595/ns/us_news-weird_news

Texan drives $1 million sports car into marshes
Driver blames bird, dropped cellphone; Bugatti Veyron is world's priciest car

LA MARQUE, Texas - A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a saltmarsh near Galveston. The accident happened about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the frontage road of Interstate 45 northbound in La Marque, about 35 miles southeast of Houston.

The Lufkin, Texas, man told of driving his luxury, French-built Bugatti Veyron when the bird distracted him, said La Marque police Lt. Greg Gilchrist. The motorist dropped his cell phone, reached to pick it up and veered off the road and into the salt marsh. The car was half-submerged in the brine about 20 feet from the road when police arrived.

Gilchrist said he doesn't know if the car was salvageable, but in his words, "Salt water isn't good for anything." He says the man, whose identity hasn't been released, was not injured.

The police declined to release the driver's name, although the incident has drawn a great deal of attention on his vehicle. The Houston Chronicle reported the Texan has become something of a celebrity. He reportedly told the Texas City wrecker driver who towed his car that California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called him Wednesday, along with several other celebrities.

“He said he was getting so many calls that he finally stopped answering his phone,” said wrecker driver Gilbert Harrison of MCH Truck and Auto, which is storing the car. But Harrison said the driver seemed to take his very expensive mistake in stride.

“He was calm,” Harrison told the Chronicle. “If it had been me, I'd have been cussing, but he was calm. I imagine inside he was probably pretty upset.”

The Bugatti Veyron is the fastest and most expensive production car in the world. A 2006 Bugatti Veyron was recently offered for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., for $1.25 million.

091113-bugatti-hmed-430a.hmedium.jpg

Gilbert Harrison, with MCH Towing, attaches a towing cable
to a Bugatti Veyron that was driven into the water near
Omega Bay in La Marque, Texas.

Finally! At least it was a one word response. A ray of hope to all this madness. I do have to admit I was having a whale of a good time reading the responses though. I love punny people.

A question: Do you think the aquarium will get anemone from the woman for all the damage caused?

Finally! At least it was a one word response. A ray of hope to all this madness. I do have to admit I was having a whale of a good time reading the responses though. I love punny people.

A question: Do you think the aquarium will get anemone from the woman for all the damage caused?

THAT is impressive!

Back