JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Week 10 kicks off tonight everybody as football returns to Thursdays.

We have a tough matchup this week with the team we are tied with in our division. The team has won 5 straight, but we still like our chances, although injuries are just crippling our team.

Good luck to all. Point spread in our game right now is EVEN. That's a first.

For me, the biggest game this week is Pittsburgh/Cincy and it won't be televised here because the Jets are playing at 1:00PM (one of the drawbacks to living on Long Island).

Since I don't have "Sunday Ticket" anymore (too ridiculously priced), I guess I'll have to watch it online which I don't like doing because I'm chained to my computer, but any port in a storm, I guess.

Pittsburgh -7 is a bit optimistic given the rivalry, but I think my Stillers are beginning to hit their stride and it's payback time!

-JP

• Admin
For me, the biggest game this week is Pittsburgh/Cincy and it won't be televised here because the Jets are playing at 1:00PM.

Since I don't have "Sunday Ticket" anymore (too ridiculously priced), I guess I'll have to watch it online which I don't like because I'm chained to my computer, but any port in a storm, I guess.

Pittsburgh -7 is a bit optimistic given the rivalry, but I think my Stillers are beginning to hit their stride and it's payback time!

-JP

This is a fantasy football thread in the fantasy football subforum. However we do have a larger "Official NFL Thread" in our sports forum.

Man, Cutler really stunk up the joint tonight. That might ruin me for the week.

I had 3 guys playing in that mess. The Bears kicker did get me 6 points, I think that's about it.

• Admin
You got a 11 total Spin. We thought Vernon would have got more last night. We may have an issue with MJD. He is questionable and without him we may be in trouble. Too many guys are injured on our team. We have TONS of depth, but its like picking out of a hat each week with us and injuries and playing time.

You got a 11 total Spin. We thought Vernon would have got more last night. We may have an issue with MJD. He is questionable and without him we may be in trouble. Too many guys are injured on our team. We have TONS of depth, but its like picking out of a hat each week with us and injuries and playing time.

I think I'm toast this week.

Im really hoping DeAngelo Williams can start tomorrow.

We are having a musical chairs at positions this week. We just cannot pick who to play.

RB
Jones Drew - He plays every single week for us.
Pierre Thomas - Been so good for 5 straight weeks and is playing St. Louis
Mendenhall - Averaging about 110 yards since taking over the starting RB job.
Maroney - Since becoming the starter is averaging 14 pts per week.

WR -
Roddy White - Questionable again this week, but he is going to play it looks like.
Berrian - Playing Detroit is a dream matchup for him but he is questionable too.
Boldin - Finally back healthy and looking good.
Royal - Finally back to form with 7 catches each of the last 2 weeks.

There are only so many slots and it seems that whichever one we choose the others have great games. Crossing our fingers this week.

We are having a musical chairs at positions this week. We just cannot pick who to play.

RB
Jones Drew - He plays every single week for us.
Pierre Thomas - Been so good for 5 straight weeks and is playing St. Louis
Mendenhall - Averaging about 110 yards since taking over the starting RB job.
Maroney - Since becoming the starter is averaging 14 pts per week.

WR -
Roddy White - Questionable again this week, but he is going to play it looks like.
Berrian - Playing Detroit is a dream matchup for him but he is questionable too.
Boldin - Finally back healthy and looking good.
Royal - Finally back to form with 7 catches each of the last 2 weeks.

There are only so many slots and it seems that whichever one we choose the others have great games. Crossing our fingers this week.

May I choose for you?

MJD runs for a clear TD, yet stops at the 1 yard line and downs himself to run the clock out and kick the FG. We could have used that 6 points this week. With all the FG problems today, it would serve them right to get it blocked...

EDIT: They made the FG and it was a smart play. But we still needed the 6 points.

We wrapped up our win for week 10 thanks to some big performances in the afternoon games. We wanted to hit the century mark today and would have had MJD not taken a knee at the 1 yard line, but a win is a win. We put up 97 but we must also thank our opponents starting RBs for getting hurt in the 1st half as they both went down.

I think The Gasman is continuing to roll, so it is going to be hard to catch him.

We wrapped up our win for week 10 thanks to some big performances in the afternoon games. We wanted to hit the century mark today and would have had MJD not taken a knee at the 1 yard line, but a win is a win. We put up 97 but we must also thank our opponents starting RBs for getting hurt in the 1st half as they both went down.

I think The Gasman is continuing to roll, so it is going to be hard to catch him.

You're not welcome.:D. I'm hurting for running backs if these guys can't go next week. I can't believe both of them went down.

You're not welcome.:D. I'm hurting for running backs if these guys can't go next week. I can't believe both of them went down.

We have a few on the trading block.

I should be good for the win as long as Staticlines kicker doesnt get more then 22 points.:act-up:

MJD runs for a clear TD, yet stops at the 1 yard line and downs himself to run the clock out and kick the FG. We could have used that 6 points this week. With all the FG problems today, it would serve them right to get it blocked...

EDIT: They made the FG and it was a smart play. But we still needed the 6 points.

At least he apologized to you!

Close one this week, won by 2 points! :sweat:

Back