The Official 2009 NFL Thread

The Chiefs are tied with four other teams for worst record. We really need St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit and Tampa Bay to win another game!

Who are you gunning for in the draft? Id imagine its not a QB since you just Cassel.

With the Chiefs, you name it, there's a need for it!

The Chiefs are tied with four other teams for worst record. We really need St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit and Tampa Bay to win another game!

No all those teams except Cleveland need to win again. I want the #1 pick. I've heard Florida has a really good water boy and I don't know that he'll still be around come pick 4 or 5. :laughing:

No all those teams except Cleveland need to win again. I want the #1 pick. I've heard Florida has a really good water boy and I don't know that he'll still be around come pick 4 or 5. :laughing:

Cleveland has a football team?

-JP

Cleveland has a football team?

Kansas City and St. Louis do too. Go figure!

(I didn't say they were GOOD football teams!)

Kansas City and St. Louis do too. Go figure!

I've heard that as well.

What I can't figure out is how they get people to attend the games and cheer for the team. Is there some sort of "program" involved, like the team offers to pay someone's mortgage during football season in return for attending the game? Because I can't see anyone voluntarily attending these games and actually having to pay for a ticket.

I mean...would you?

-JP

yeah your right, people should only watch games when their team is good.

Because I can't see anyone voluntarily attending these games and actually having to pay for a ticket.

I mean...would you?

-JP

Actually, Chiefs games are hard to come by and I have a brother who is a big whig in the front office (he can't even get any on the sly)! With all the season tickets, there are only like 5,000 tickets to be had for each game, and Jackson County (where the stadium is) gets first crack at them.

I know, or hope you are kidding with your statement, but Chiefs games are still a blast, whether they suck or are one of the top teams. Can't beat the BBQ while tailgating before the games.

yeah your right, people should only watch games when their team is good.

Yes, it is still fun going to a football game is it not?

Don't you guys have a sense of humor at all?

I know, or hope you are kidding with your statement, but Chiefs games are still a blast, whether they suck or are one of the top teams. Can't beat the BBQ while tailgating before the games.

Yes, I'm kidding (and I can't believe I have to actually write that) and I agree with you, Smallie - any pro football game is fun to attend no matter how good or bad a team is doing and even the perennial bottom-feeders have a long list of loyal season ticket holders. The tailgating is a blast and the whole atmosphere at the game is great and win or lose, I can't say that I've ever had a bad time at a football game - even when the Steelers have lost.

You guys need to lighten up.

-JP

You guys need to lighten up.

-JP

I was just answering the question. Is it better if I put this :banana: in there next time.

Who said we were all not kidding with the responses.

The worst game of the week (#14 by Fox Sports):

Chiefs (1-7) at Raiders (2-6), Sunday, 4:05 p.m. ET
There was a time when this game actually meant something, and both teams were perennial playoff contenders. But that time is not now, and this game could be dreadful. The biggest news is who won't be playing. The Chiefs have cut ties with RB Larry Johnson.

I'm going to Lambeau for the Packers/Cowboys game Sunday afternoon. For the last several years we've been taking our daughter and a friend to the three games for which we have tickets, but since this game is at 3:15 and the ride back home to the Milwaukee area is a bear, I'm going with three buddies.

I'm looking forward to it even though the Packers have been pretty brutal. Lambeau is the coolest stadium, and nobody tailgates like cheeseheads. We're making steak and pork fajitas and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Kevin

Last edited:
Take pics Esox. Of the grill that is. Love tailgating and it sounds like a blast.

News flash!!!! Cutler strikes again! :rolleyes:

CHICAGO (AP) — A bad season for the Chicago Bears just got worse.

The NFL said Friday that quarterback Jay Cutler had been fined $20,000 for abusive conduct toward a game official during a 41-21 home loss to the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday.

Cutler drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty with 6:24 left in the third quarter after an incomplete pass to tight end Greg Olsen on a fourth-down play with the Bears trailing 34-7 at the time. Cutler apparently thought there should have been an interference penalty.

The fine came one day after Cutler threw five interceptions during a 10-6 loss at San Francisco. Cutler has thrown an NFL-worst 17 interceptions this season for the Bears (4-5), who have lost four of five.

Does anyone still question why Josh McDaniel was so willing to give Cutler the trade he wanted? Denver gets two 1st round picks AND a starting QB, Chicago gets the leading interceptor in the NFL and a 4-5 record. Need we say more? :laughing:

I think Cutler is a tool, but . . . he was right about the interference (non) call.

I think Cutler is a tool, but . . . he was right about the interference (non) call.

Would it have had any impact on the ultimate outcome... I think not. Cutler was a loose cannon in Denver and doesn't seem to be doing any better in Chicago.

He's a prima donna. He thinks hes a world beater, but he hasn't put up the stats to back it up. He can look great between the 20's, but his red zone interceptions are already the stuff of legends. He really turned off any respect from Denver fans during the dispute with management before the trade when he actually tried to compare himself to John Elway. He has to learn that you don't trifle with Deity. :laughing: The next thing you know he'll trying the same thing in Chicago with Jim McMahon. :rolleyes:

Would it have had any impact on the ultimate outcome... I think not. Cutler was a loose cannon in Denver and doesn't seem to be doing any better in Chicago.

He's a prima donna. He thinks hes a world beater, but he hasn't put up the stats to back it up. He can look great between the 20's, but his red zone interceptions are already the stuff of legends. He really turned off any respect from Denver fans during the dispute with management before the trade when he actually tried to compare himself to John Elway. He has to learn that you don't trifle with Deity. :laughing: The next thing you know he'll trying the same thing in Chicago with Jim McMahon. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with anything you said.

I love the Redzone Channel!!

Kevin™;161944 said:
I love the Redzone Channel!!

Us too Kevin. We dont watch any games anymore. Just keeping it on this channel.

Same here with the exception of when the Cowboys are playing. I just got back from hitting balls and I need to wash the truck but I cant stop watching the RZ channel lol.

Big Ben can be one of the most brilliant QBs at times. However he holds the ball WAYYYYY too long. Similar to Aaron Rogers. Trying to do too much. It has always been this way going back to his college years. Still wins and still a top tier guy, but just gets sacked WAY too much for how good their line is. They interviewed Tomlin right before the game and he said the exact same thing. (using different words of course)

Back