Taylormade R9 TP Irons Unboxing

Thanks for the review. I watch this thread for your updates. I play R7 TP's now and these would be in the running to replace them. I hit the R9 TP 6 iron at Golfsmith the other day. Felt good but, I will have to have my 6 iron there for comparision.

Glad I can be of service! Watch your ball flight. With my 6 and 7 I really noticed a much faster achievement of maximum elevation. I went from tt s300's in the r7 tp's and the Kbs fst tour shafts in the r9 tp's.

Thedue, I did the same! I started with the 3 wood, then 5, then 2 hybrid (rescue tp), then irons, driver, and switched to new RAC wedges from 2002. The wedges I felt had a similar feel and club face appearance. Less spin than my vokey sm's, but I like the feel for now. I never intended to do this (I was a cleveland guy for quite some time in a previous life, but when I got the 3 wood, it was all over, just a question of time and money :D
If you guys have questions feel free!

I see alot of people play mix matched sets and thats fine b/c whatever works best for you is what you should play but I like having a matching set b/c Taylormade shafts are going to be consistent. Their stiff for me is not the same as a callaway's and I have always played a matching set. From callaways to taylormades now. I love the feel of the R9 driver and 3 wood and I have burner hybrids but I am really considering going with the r9 irons just b/c of the amazing feel they give. I also like the smaller head than my burners but once again the burner irons are very forgiving and long. I think Taylormade has put out some of the best clubs for the average golfer this season and I will gladly tell anyone that.

i went by the local Edwin Watts and got a chance to hit these in the booth for a little bit and was very pleased with the outcome. I hit about 30 shots with a 6 iron and only had about 3 or 4 that wasn't on target. The club was very easy to hit and yardage was consistant. I wasn't really looking for new irons but might have found some anyways.

Back