Just back from a custom fitting...

MacJones

Reaction score
Handicap
Well as the thread title says I just got back from a driver custom fit which is my first time getting fitted. with my budget set at £200 the TM Burner and Cobra s9-1 were the favorites. Having tried both with different flex shafts and lofts it seemed that it was down to the Cobra s9-1m on a regular flex shaft with a 11.5* loft, this was the club that produced the most favourable results. My swing speed averaged 87 mph, too slow really for the s9-1f.
I was a bit surprised though that he recomended 11.5* loft but the stats dont lie.....
I've only been playing for about 6 months and have never broken 100 yet but hopefully with the new driver I can keep the ball on the fairways from the tee's more, which may lead to the numbers falling, I can only hope...
Just a shame I wont get it before my next 18 holes though....

Fitting is always the way to go. Curious, did you go in and get for those two drivers and try multiple shafts or did you go in and try a whole bunch of driver heads and shafts and these two worked best for you?

I first went to a driving range where i tried out the TM Burner/Cobra s9-1f/Adams Speedline/MX700 all with stiff shaft. (This was before i got my swing speed recorded). Then the day after I demo'd the same clubs with regular flex shafts including the Nike str8. Having decided it would be between the Burner and s9-1 I arranged for a fitting at a different shop/range with those clubs.

I first went to a driving range where i tried out the TM Burner/Cobra s9-1f/Adams Speedline/MX700 all with stiff shaft. (This was before i got my swing speed recorded). Then the day after I demo'd the same clubs with regular flex shafts including the Nike str8. Having decided it would be between the Burner and s9-1 I arranged for a fitting at a different shop/range with those clubs.

It costs a little more, but I would never consider a club fitting without Trackman.

Back