What do you call THPers in person?

I am so bad with names, whatever I can remember.

My screen name is just confusing.

You and me both, buddy. I'm so glad I played with you at my first THP event, or else I'd be very confused.

I'm going to look pretty silly this week at the Morgan Cup trying to steal glances at everyone's bag so I can figure out who they are. And that's despite the fact I have a picture of all of them. And I'll probably call someone by the wrong name before the week is out.

Ah well, they can blame it on my old age and know that in my heart, I love them as my MC brother anyhow.

It all depends on the person and my comfort level with them but it is usually a shortend version of there real or screen name. Often it is another nickname all together.

Like most, it's a mix. Mostly first names though.

For clarity, neither my first name nor last name is "a-hole." I think your notes may be incorrect.

I'm meeting THP'ers for the first time, and it's going to be a whole bunch at the same time, 35-50 at least....soo...I'm bad with names and faces, so I'm figuring I could go with numbers, in the order I meet you...that would make tnolan as 1, dcbrad as 2 :D

Or I could go with just random people, so random guy, random guy from Ireland, random dude who I think is Canadian, random Floridian...

Seriously, I'll try to stick to people's "real" nicknames or actual names, forum names could be tricky...you've got numbers and stuff :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I try to use first names, but at Branson it was a mixed bag for me as I couldn't remember half of the peoples realy names. When people call me Woody I don't even flinch that was my nickname all through middle and high school. The good thing for me is JeffReedMO is really easy to just say Jeff.

For clarity, neither my first name nor last name is "a-hole." I think your notes may be incorrect.

Weird. You answered to it like 137 times in Elgin. Mixed signals buddy.

I know I go on a mix of names. I'm not that great with names, but I generally can remember a face. Some people I throw extra letters in, like mward to me is Wardy...Some people I use their last name, like Wake to me is Wake which also happens to be a screen name. Some people I just fall into what ever everyone calls them... when it comes to Amol, I think we played at the Outing I 50/50 between Amol and Ary. And I'm sure there was some holes I called him both on the same hole.

I'll answer to most things, keygs is what most of my coworks and some friends call and is my adopted nickname I guess at this point, but keygo, PD, playdough, keyg, Marco, keygan are all things that I'm sure I have answered to at thp events.

For me it depends on the flow of the name. If I know the first name of the member then that gets thrown into the mix with nicknames or forum names.

If I don't know their first name, them it's the forum name. My close friends get called what ever spills out of my mouth. For instance, I call Ryan by his first name, War, Beags, bro,buddy...all of this in a four round of golf. OG is Gray to me. JB is boss, josh, my man. It's all about a comfort level with me.

I go back and forth. Must people I call them by both names. Ryan or War, Mike or wardy, Lambro or Zac. Freddie is always Freddie, there are some Thpers who I have played with and don't know their real names.

I go back and forth. Must people I call them by both names. Ryan or War, Mike or wardy, Lambro or Zac. Freddie is always Freddie, there are some Thpers who I have played with and don't know their real names.

yeah mines way too complicated

Depends on the person. StanTheacaddy's real name is Tim. But I call him Stan. Freddie has always been Freddie. When I stalk Hawk I call him Hawk.

Mostly real names. Unless it just is easy to throw around (Hawk, Dawg, Buck --less syllables--easier for cromagnon types).

No way am I calling out "Great shot mikedean441".

Mostly real names. Unless it just is easy to throw around (Hawk, Dawg, Buck --less syllables--easier for cromagnon types).

You misspelled "chutt."

Whatever I can remember. If someone's screen name is a cool nickname or can be shortened into one, that's what I'll use if possible. Keeps it simpler for me and my bad memory. I have enough trouble remembering one name per person, let alone two.

I try to go by first names...might have accidentally let a "kapp" slip though when I was playing with him earlier this summer.

Good luck witnessing a good shot by me too....lol

I think I call everyone by their first name unless they're Buck. I just think calling someone by their screen name is too impersonal.

I played it smart when making my account name and didn't give you asshats the option.

I'm usually James, J, Jim, Jamison, or you're fired. :alien:

I don't think anyone calls me by my forum name because Charlie is way easier to pronounce.

I kind of mix it up between first names and forum names. People call me by my forum name, real name or combine the 2. All are good in my book.

For some reason people always want to call me God. Whenever I walk up to them for the first time, they usually look at me and say, "Oh, God".

Back